• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Maya Grill breakfast...

scanmom

DIS Veteran
Well, we are probably going to upgrade to deluxe dp, and now will be eating more! We are staying at CSR, and may want to do Maya Grill before heading to the parks. I have a couple of questions. Do we need an ADR for breakfast? We have just 2 in our part. And, how early do they open? I don't want to get too late a start into the parks! And, does the breakfast here get good reviews? Thanks

I know this is a few months old, but this is exactly what I was searching for! I'm sorry you didn't get any replies, but I'd love some feedback on how things went (if you've gone already) and what the breakfasts were like...
My DH refuses to set foot in any park until he's eaten a full breakfast ;)

We've stayed at the Coronado before, but we did room service because it was just the 2 of us. This time we will be on the DDP and have our 2 year old son, so we don't want to use extra TS credits for room service...

I was hoping for an answer to this question to! We will be staying at CSR for our honeymoon for 2 weeks in October. We are going to Maya Grille for breakfast about 5 times or so and dinner twice. The menu for both looks amazing. Breakfast looks great, but I would love to see any pictures from the new menu and any reviews. :goodvibes

Thanks!

We had breakfast there this past February, when it was still a buffet. It was quite good, but the new menu looks amazing. We're hoping to try it on our next trip in February, but probably only once.

We didn't need an ADR then and we were there during President's Week and there was at least one convention going on, so I'm thinking you probably won't.

Me and hubby ate there for breakfast, it stunk!! The food out in the cafe area, they had make your own omlets, and everything, now that was really good!! And it was cheaper! The buffet at Maya was not good at all. :O(
We loved the food at the ppermarket much better!! :O)

The new menu looks phenomenal! With all the bad reviews of the buffet, I'm relieved they changed it! :thumbsup2

Anyone eaten off the new menu yet?

I know this is a few months old, but this is exactly what I was searching for! I'm sorry you didn't get any replies, but I'd love some feedback on how things went (if you've gone already) and what the breakfasts were like...
My DH refuses to set foot in any park until he's eaten a full breakfast ;)

We've stayed at the Coronado before, but we did room service because it was just the 2 of us. This time we will be on the DDP and have our 2 year old son, so we don't want to use extra TS credits for room service...

We just returned 2 days ago from our first stay at CSR, the room service is NOT covered under the dinning plan (we had DxDDP and I was sick so I had room servie 2x and paid out of pocket). The breaksfast room service is ok, not great. The Maya Grill had a good breakfast but dinner was so so (our son did not like the dinner selection so we had to leave the resort for dinner options).
We walked in one breakfast and was sitted. On Saturday (our departure day), we went to Maya Grill and it was 30 mins wait so we had to eat at Pepper Market which my husband and son did not like the food.
The CSR resort was great overall except for he food part for my family (my son and I was sick so the taste selection they offered did not help).
Hope this helps

I'm so disappointed to hear that room sevice is NOT included with the DxDP...:sad1:
It is so much easier for us to do breakfast that way...I was already trying to figure out ways to sneak in a couple of them somehow.
But I'm glad you mentioned it now so I'm prepared! I would have been pretty unhappy if I was planning on doing some room service breakfasts, only to find out we couldn't once we arrived
so thanks! :hug:

I'm so disappointed to hear that room sevice is NOT included with the DxDP...:sad1:
It is so much easier for us to do breakfast that way...I was already trying to figure out ways to sneak in a couple of them somehow.
But I'm glad you mentioned it now so I'm prepared! I would have been pretty unhappy if I was planning on doing some room service breakfasts, only to find out we couldn't once we arrived
so thanks! :hug:

you welcome, I was upset at that moment b/c I had so much credits. But my husband said lesson learned and move on...not a big deal. At the end of the trip we just had alot of signature to get 2 credits and it worked out. But they do tell you when I was ordering room service and she gave me the option to cancel our order but our son was so sick and I didn' want to leave him or my husband so we just dealt with it. If he wasn't so sick we would have just walk to Maya Grill. I'm more upset I got sick the day before and my son the next day but we manage to still have fun.

We ate at Maya Grill on our checkout day in early November. We arrived around 9:30 am and were one of maybe 5 parties in the entire restaurant. The food was good but not great. It was not as warm as I would have liked. The service was great though.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter