• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Maya chan or Tropicante?

I haven't been to Maya Chan. But our family LOVED Tropicante! $25.00 for a ONE-HOUR massage on the beach (under the tree.) Can't wait to go back!:beach:

We went to Tropicante last year and found it very nice Steve is a great host and the drinks,food and beach were great.

We went to Tropicante last year. As mentioned above, Steve is a great host. I highly recommend going there.

We went to Maya Chan last April. The staff was very friendly. The lunch they served was excellent! They also offered very reasonable massages (don't remember price). And they had free Wifi. Loved the beach area! I would definitely go back!

I am not really a beach person, so that influences my comments.

We went to Tropicante and Steve the owner was super friendly, and I did get a cheap $25/hour massage. However, I was rather disappointed that there were essentially no facilities other than a basic restroom that only had minimal running water. Apparently, running water is an issue there and they only have running water available for a few hours each day. I couldn't help but think about how the towels I was laying on for my massage likely weren't washed regularly at all, and how many other people had used those same towels... There was no place to rinse sand/salt off so I didn't get in the water at all and had to suffer through sand in my shoes. I doubt that we ever return to Costa Maya, but in the unlikely event that we do, I'll stay on the ship! :thumbsup2

We loved our day at Maya Chan. The staff were very friendly and attentive--Hugo brought or mango colodas to us in the floaty chairs! The food was delicious and plentiful. my 9 year old loved plunking himself down on a bar stool and ordering yet another fruit smoothie.

They had a sand castle building contest (every one won something) took us kayaking and snorkeling, we had a huge comfy palapa to ourselves with a bed, chairs and hammocks. Tons of beach toys and we practically had the place to ourselves. We loved the free wifi and especially loved the charming outdoor showers for cleaning up before we headed back to the ship.

I am not really a beach person, so that influences my comments.

We went to Tropicante and Steve the owner was super friendly, and I did get a cheap $25/hour massage. However, I was rather disappointed that there were essentially no facilities other than a basic restroom that only had minimal running water. Apparently, running water is an issue there and they only have running water available for a few hours each day. I couldn't help but think about how the towels I was laying on for my massage likely weren't washed regularly at all, and how many other people had used those same towels... There was no place to rinse sand/salt off so I didn't get in the water at all and had to suffer through sand in my shoes. I doubt that we ever return to Costa Maya, but in the unlikely event that we do, I'll stay on the ship! :thumbsup2

There were six in our group that had massages and the towels/sheets were changed each time:thumbsup2

There were six in our group that had massages and the towels/sheets were changed each time:thumbsup2

Good to know! I was the only massage I saw taking place that day, so it was just the feeling I had after discovering they only have running water for a few hours each day.

We loved our day at Maya Chan. The staff were very friendly and attentive--Hugo brought or mango colodas to us in the floaty chairs! The food was delicious and plentiful. my 9 year old loved plunking himself down on a bar stool and ordering yet another fruit smoothie.

They had a sand castle building contest (every one won something) took us kayaking and snorkeling, we had a huge comfy palapa to ourselves with a bed, chairs and hammocks. Tons of beach toys and we practically had the place to ourselves. We loved the free wifi and especially loved the charming outdoor showers for cleaning up before we headed back to the ship.

This sounds great! Do you need a reservation or just show up in a cab? Thanks for any info!

We had the same decision between the two. We opted for Tropicante. If you want a nice relaxing day on the beach and don't plan on having 20 drinks, I think you will enjoy Tropicante. The food was good and the beers reasonably priced.

Absolutely loved Tropicante! We ordered a great lunch, enjoyed many drinks, and spent a wonderful day at the beach! I took a few beach yours with us on the trip...not many, but enough to keep the kids happy! It was a fantastic day and we look forward to going back again in the future!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter