May Weight Loss Challenge: Who's in?

:wave2: Lisa! Please put me down for...ummm...4....5....what do I do? I'm tempted to go 4 so that maybe I can make my goal this month, but then maybe I should really challenge myself and keep the 5. From your response to zurgswife, I'm guessing you're going to put me down for 5 either way. ;) So 5 it is! I will do it! I will! I will!

On a positive note though, according to the scale yesterday I have hit the lowest I hit 5 years ago before slacking and gaining back even more. Now I am there and further downward I head!

I'm going for 10!

:woohoo: Gotcha problemchild.

:wave2: Lisa! From your response to zurgswife, I'm guessing you're going to put me down for 5 either way. ;) So 5 it is! I will do it! I will! I will!

On a positive note though, according to the scale yesterday I have hit the lowest I hit 5 years ago before slacking and gaining back even more. Now I am there and further downward I head!

First of all, on the second paragraph...

That's so wonderful Tia. :love: :thumbsup2 Congratulations. Nice feeling, eh? Are you going buy or do something for yourself? You should. You've been so flippin' consistent. And now you have the pluses of that focus.

That's the wonderful thing about getting to a place that is very comfortable. It's only pluses from here. I try to remind myself that over and over. I'm not quite where you are but BL4 brought me to a weight, well not weight cause the scale never relects my body size or fitness level, but a place that if nothing happened I could live with. But I do want to be smaller. And lose quite a bit more. Who knows what that number will be. I suspect 25-30 but I'll just know when it comes. So I remind myself of that over and over. It gives me a break. Still focused but know it's only pluses now.

As for the first. I'm not a dictator missy!:lmao: :rotfl: ;) . Whatever you like. I'm starting to actually want only to lose 3 or 4 a month myself. Because you know me - I'm really intent on not making a change that I can't live with forever. So I'll see how that goes. If it works. Who knows. Time will tell. I'm pretty well plateauing right now. Down from BL4 a bit. Then the same. Back and forth.

I think that I'm close to a spot I could be happy at. Of course, I'll still work toward my ultimate goal, but in about 10lbs I could live with it I think. The last couple of weeks some pictures of me from college (about 10 years ago) have surfaced) and it's helped clarify my thinking a little bit. I look a little smaller than I remember in those pictures. I also think I could have looked better if not for my terrible posture. That aided in making me look larger than I was. I don't remember exactly what I weighed at the time, but if I remember correctly, I think I'm approaching that number. What I think is making my most content is knowing that I have picked up healthy habits in this journey - exercising more and enjoying it, eating healither and really enjoying that. So even those were the only benefits, I'd be happy, the weight loss is the added bonus.

Now what am I doing to celebrate...good question! But I think you're right, I deserve to do something! I'm think we'll be heading to the bookstore to pick up DH a little early today so that I can browse and find that something. Just the idea has really perked me up. :goodvibes:

Congrats to you on your hard work! You're doing great just by sticking with it through thick and thin.

Can I still get in on this? I made my goal a little high last month--I'm thinking I'll go for 5 pounds this month!

Hi guys, this is my first time around. I'd like to lose 10 pounds this month!

Now what am I doing to celebrate...good question! But I think you're right, I deserve to do something!

Whadja get? Whadja get? :lmao:

Thanks for the kind words Tia. It is at this point where you need everything you can get. Support and gifts I say. Can't wait to hear what you bought.

The college pictures are interesting. That's great Tia. When I look back sometimes I wonder why I even thought I was big during most of my years there. For me, it was because I'm so far from small - bones and height that I think I must have been comparing. And bodies change. I think, no I know, I'm in better shape now but weigh more. I don't save clothes at all. But for some reason I had a pair of jeans from the year after university. And they fit now but differently - weirdly - looser in areas. And I weigh a lot more - I think. I've never been a scale girl so I'm not 100%. But pretty sure. So it's interesting how muscle changes the body's shape.

Can I still get in on this? I made my goal a little high last month--I'm thinking I'll go for 5 pounds this month!

Hi DizneeMommy. :cheer2:

Hi guys, this is my first time around. I'd like to lose 10 pounds this month!

Welcome tessiemez. :flower3: I don't know why I'm giving you flowers but oh well. :lmao: :rotfl: . Welcome aboard. Have a great month.

Everyone and lurkers who are coming on soon -

Don't forget this is your thread. Your thread meaning whatever is best for you. No rules. Some weigh in every week, some more, some less.

I signed back up because I want to lessen the scale in my life. I mean as compared with threads that weigh in every week. So for me I'm gong to experiment and weigh in no more than twice a month - possibly once.

So whatever is best for you.

All the best everyone,

Lisa

Well, we ended up running late so I didn't get anything yet. Tomorrow though! I need to go see if our Disney Store is liquidating as last I talked to the employees a few weeks ago they didn't know if they were staying open or closing. If it's liquidation sale, I may just be treating myself to a bag I saw there or a new travel mug. I'm starting a nanny job Mon morning so I'll need my coffee to go soon!

I'm a first timer on the DIS WISH board and actually a first timer for weight loss. I never had to worry about it before, but 2 babies later . . .

I'm in for 4 pounds in May! I joined WW and am down 9 pounds now. I'll weigh in weekly on Wednesdays and post on Thursdays. The extra incentive of having to post here and weigh in at meetings may help me along!

Not quite sure how this works, but I weighed myself today ( I weigh in once a week) and have dropped 2.2 lbs !!!!! in one week. I can only hope to keep up my will power and progress. My total weight loss goal is an additional 28 lbs and have a goal date of mid September.

I'm in. Please put me down for 5 pounds. Thanks!

Got it. :thumbsup2

I'm a first timer on the DIS WISH board and actually a first timer for weight loss. I never had to worry about it before, but 2 babies later . . .

I'm in for 4 pounds in May! I joined WW and am down 9 pounds now. I'll weigh in weekly on Wednesdays and post on Thursdays. The extra incentive of having to post here and weigh in at meetings may help me along!

Great MickeyMom2Boys! I'll put you down. Congratulations on your weight loss.

Not quite sure how this works, but I weighed myself today ( I weigh in once a week) and have dropped 2.2 lbs !!!!! in one week. I can only hope to keep up my will power and progress. My total weight loss goal is an additional 28 lbs and have a goal date of mid September.

Perfect Tonyspad. Everyone can post whenever they want. Most people are once a week. Your choice. No rules.

Do me a favour everyone, I struggle to not put American spelling on this board:lmao: can we say perfectionist issues, and post it in a fraction. So say you posted a 5 pound goal - put something like I'm at 2.2/5. And then say you lose another 1 - just add on to your total - 3.2/5 etc.

Way to go Tonyspad. Progress is always just commitment. Just keep on going and going and going. I certainly learned that on BL4. Some of us gained or maintained once in awhile but the people that stayed and pushed through had an overall loss. And all of a sudden a lot of us were over 20 pounds down for the competition. Sounds like a simple concept but I learned that geez time goes by anyway might as well be a tad smaller.:lmao: ;)

Okay - I weigh once a week on Wednesday's and have already been losing weight - but I like having the support of others. My BF is doing WW but she lives in Iowa and I am in TN so we email back and forth on our weight loss. Having this group is important to me. That being said - I weighed today and have accomplished 1/4 of my goal for May. :cheer2:

We can all do this. :grouphug:

Okay - I weigh once a week on Wednesday's and have already been losing weight - but I like having the support of others. My BF is doing WW but she lives in Iowa and I am in TN so we email back and forth on our weight loss. Having this group is important to me. That being said - I weighed today and have accomplished 1/4 of my goal for May. :cheer2:

We can all do this. :grouphug:

Hey bonna girl. I might have confused everyone by saying fraction. :scared1: Whoops.

Did you lose 2 pounds? If so list it for me as 2/8. I'll put down 2 and correct me if I'm wrong.

Thanks and congrats,

Lisa

Hey bonna girl. I might have confused everyone by saying fraction. :scared1: Whoops.

Did you lose 2 pounds? If so list it for me as 2/8. I'll put down 2 and correct me if I'm wrong.

Thanks and congrats,

Lisa

I'm sorry I misread the instructions - guess I was a little too excited. :confused3 Sorry - I will do better in the future...

I'm sorry I misread the instructions - guess I was a little too excited. :confused3 Sorry - I will do better in the future...

I hope you're kidding. :lmao: ;) You did fine. You're making me feel like a Mama. :rotfl: I'm a tad sarcastic bonna girl. It's a Canadian thing.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter