May weather

kcchief

Mouseketeer
We will be in WDW May 18-25. Can anyone tell me what the average weather is like there that time of year or know where I can find good info? I have never been in may and am trying to plan what to pack. Thanks for your help!

We're gonna be there then too! I'm hoping that is will be warm but not too hot. And hopefully the rain will be minimal

May is early summer.
It will be hot; mid 80's to low 90's
It will likely rain in the mid to late afternoon; then it will be hot and steamy, although that can help thin out the crowd :)

Pack shorts, Gold Bond, flip flops, sunscreen, water, a hat, sunglasses
Go slow, arrive early, take a break, eat dole whips

We will be there at the same time! :yay: Our last trip was in September of 2011. Never been so hot in my life..LOL!! Super humid and just HOT!! Hoping for a little cooler this trip.

In the past week went to WDW in Sept every year (hot as heck) . The last few years we have gone the last week of May. Im not going to lie, its been pretty hot !! Last May the temps were mid 90's. We are planning in 5/22 to 6/2 this year again. Just plan on some pool time and stay hydrated when at the parks. We take the water misters and that helps. Its hot but tolerable (low humidity). Enjoy your vacation !

we aregoing May 5-12. How much rain should we expect? I am trying to decide if I should bring and carry ponchos in the parks. I don't want to carry anything more than I have to.

Stella1701

Anyone want to add what they wear?

I don't generally wear shorts (out in public haahah) but I do have athletic shorts. Are we going to look too (idk the word but not good) wearing tshirts/tank tops and athletic shorts?

It doesn't seem like I ever see pictures of people looking like that.

We go to Disney every year the last week of May and 1st week of June. It is always hot, and has been rainy the last two years. Last year, it rained every day, some days all day rain. Other years, there is just the occasional afternoon thunderstorm. We always have our ponchos at Disney with us, and just carry them to the parks based on the weather forecast for the day.

As to what to wear, we always were shorts and tshirts. It is too hot for pants, and you will not need a jacket or sweatshirt. It is perfect weather for pool time and water park time.

We'll be there from May 4-21. Have been there in May 2011 and the weather was perfect. Not too hot, minimal humidity, hardly no rain and when it did rain it was a quick shower after which we would be dry within minutes.
DH will be wearing cargo shorts and t-shirts, I'll be wearing shorts and tank tops with trainers or flip flops. Thats our usual vacation attire. Honestly I dont pay attention to what anyone else is wearing once I'm comfortable. Pack sunglasses, a hat, light cardigan or top for cooler evenings or air conditioned restaurants.

We will be there from May 19-26. I went in 1998 the same week and it was hot but not unbearable. But I'm used to Texas weather.

We just plan on packing shorts and t-shirts. Maybe a sundress for me.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter