• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

May weather vs. September

keepswimming76

Mouseketeer
Hi,

We typically visit WDW at the end of September. It's hot, humid and there is typically at least one downpour a day if not for entire day during our stay.

How does mid-May to Memorial Day compare? And when dining indoors is there ever a need for a light sweater due to the AC?

Thanks in advance.

May temps climb gradually as the month progresses, as does the humidity. But mid month should have less humidity than you would usually see in Sept. May is one of the driest months when it comes to rainfall.

As for needing a sweater in restaurants? I think it totally depends on the person, and perhaps where you are seated. DH has never once complained of feeling cold; whereas I seem to have a talent (?) for being seated directly under the a/c vents. So I keep a light sweater in our backpack. I sometimes use it on the buses, too.

May is much, much nicer than September.

I never need a sweater, but I'm not particularly cold-natured either.

The few times I've been in May I've found it didn't rain as much as September, still rained but not as often. The weather in May has been kind of fickle for me, you know if you go in September it's going to be hot, period. The times I've been in May one day would be hot, the next while not cool, not hot either. I've had to wear a sweater at night and early mornings in May, especially at night if i'ts rained during the day. But I'm cold natured and have been known to wear long sleeves in August after a rain.

While May isn't prone to the daily thunderstorms from the humidity like September is, you still run the risk of some showers. Like any time, I suppose. Statistically, November is the driest of the 12 months but last trip, 3 of the 5 days we were there were overcast with annoying on and off again rain all day. We find that more irritating than the daily thunderstorms that tend to pass quickly. Temp-wise, though, May is more tolerable than September for us.

Great news for us, thanks everyone! Although, I will always be prepared for rain. Better safe than sorry. :umbrella:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter