• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

May the Fourth live updates.

SMD

DIS Veteran
I started this post around 2pm waiting outside HSM while friends used FPs. Walking into TL wasn't nearly as crowded as past years. The CMs were heavily enforcing 1 way traffic on either side of the overhead track, which helped. Also, there was no photo op near Store Command, which also helped. Star Tours had a 45 min wait and 6pm return for FP. The churro cart is selling red and blue churros. Store Command has a single entrance and exit and the part of the Buzz line that usually leads to the store is closed and there's a huge merchandise line. The whole store is a line, there are order forms and you get the merch at the register. It's crazy, I didn't even look at what they had. I tried to take a pic for this post, but it was too insane. There is a photo backdrop in front of Launch Bay with lightsabers or a sign you can hold. I'll add pics later.

I'm in DCA now, just waited almost an hour for Soarin with FP. It wasn't too crowded when I got here, but now that it's dinner time, all of the CS is packed.

The rest of my group opted to do GRR and leave. Since I planned to stay I waited, took pics on BVS and hopped back to DL. The lines to enter were pretty slow moving and 7pm. I was surprised by how many people were on the esplanade. Main St was full at the curb but plenty of seats behind. I saw CMs waving people over to take pics with a May 4th sign by Star Tours. So I waited 30 min in line for a blue churro (shorter than an CS line at this point) and went back over for the photo op. By then the CM had taken the sign over to Star Traders and the line was almost as long as the churro line. I was not about to hold a churro for 20 min for a photo. I went to Launch Bay to check it out. It was closing in 20 min at this point. There was a line to take pics with the exterior of the building I walked in, Chewie's line was 25 min, Darth Vader's was half as long, no time posted. It was pretty dead in there. When I exited another CM had a May 4th sign with another line that looked to be 25-30 people.

I went to ride Matterhorn. I had to wait about 5 minutes to talk to the first CM about single rider. Then pass through 2 more CMs, but then I was the only one and walked right on the ride, didn't even stop at the end of the overhang. I never had a problem with the old sleds, but these are a pretty tight fit. There's new foam hand grips that are nice and soft and clean and I probably don't want to touch them in a few months of being gripped by dirty hands. I went to go check out IASW but there were so many people I couldn't find the queue. Then I walked over to Frontierland just to see how bad it was, it was a sea of people. I fought my way down Main St and out of the park. The lines to enter at 8:15 were halfway down the esplanade. Then there was an announcement apologizing, but MSEP seating was full. I went straight for the shuttle and am now debating if I should go home or meet up with friends for drinks (dressed in Star Wars clothes and wearing ears, of course.)

OMG you are brave for fighting through all of that! Hope it was a fun site to see!

That's ridiculous considering there's probably 8 different SW baseball caps for sale around the resort. I'd probably pay about $15 for the water bottle, because I could use an insulated bottle. But I'd actually rather by a quality brand name one without SW on it, if I'm going to spend over $20.

I believe the hats were a collector's edition kind of thing and they were numbered (only a 1000) it came in a special box. Yes it was busy but it wasn't unbearable. My husband was able to get our pins and shirts first thing (without magic morning) and he didn't have to wait long. We rode a total of 11 rides in Disneyland alone with taking a 2 hour break back to the hotel. Longest line we waited in was Peter pan in the evening at 40 minutes and we left the park a little after 9.

We were confused as to why the lines for the churro were so long in tomorrowland and didn't figure that out until we left the park that night lol

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter