May, September, or July?

luckycharms2010

Mouseketeer
May 15th-20th

July 10th-15th

September 25th-30th

Am I right in assuming May would be the best? I am hoping to get my work to approve me taking vacation a month before I actually have it.

My thought is that May 15th -20th would be before Summer break and after Spring break so crowds wouldn't be as bad? Also Since it is right before summer rides won't be closed for referb? Whereas in Sept. it's just after summer and the rides will be closing?

Between those dates which do you think would be best?

I wouldn't brave the July crowds or heat myself.
I've gone in mid-May, and will probably do a quick off-site trip this year then, and crowds are moderate and weather is nice.
My party keeps trying to go in September before the Halloween decoration kicks in and never seems to be able to coordinate that. :headache: The main things that might be closed are Haunted Mansion for the Xmas overlay and ... I forget the other. (Somebody on here must know) SpaceMountain closes for just a day or two I think in Sept for the Ghost Galaxy overlay, but I wish they'd just leave it regular SM one year.
So I guess I'd recommend May, with Sept as your runner-up. But no matter what you'll have a blast cause its Disney.

We're doing July 10 - 15 this summer! I can't take my daughter out of school (or prefer not to-too hard for her to catch up) so July it is. We've gone in July before and don't mind it. We get there before it opens and enjoy a relatively light crowd for most of the morning, take a break for a bit in the afternoon to get away from heat and crowds and head back in the evening and use fastpasses and watch parades and fireworks and kick back a bit. It works well for us but I understand it wouldn't for everyone.

We're doing July 10 - 15 this summer! I can't take my daughter out of school (or prefer not to-too hard for her to catch up) so July it is. We've gone in July before and don't mind it. We get there before it opens and enjoy a relatively light crowd for most of the morning, take a break for a bit in the afternoon to get away from heat and crowds and head back in the evening and use fastpasses and watch parades and fireworks and kick back a bit. It works well for us but I understand it wouldn't for everyone.

It would work for us... but I'm kind of hoping to do off season. My SD starts Kindergarten July 18th (Year Round School), & Then the following year my DD will probably be starting Kinder.. so it'll be probably our only chance to go in the off season.
Right now it looks like we'll be there in July, but I'm hoping for May.

I so look forward to the time when we go in the off season! I'd prefer it so maybe in 2013 once she graduates school and has a break from college, if she still loves Disney. I think we're good on that one since she's 15 and still thinks it's awesome. Happily!

May you will have Star Tours II opening and possibly Ariel's Undersea Adventure. Also Splash Mountain will still be closed during the dates you listed! July will have the heat and crowds but everything should be running full steam ahead.

Definitely July for me...

DL without Splash would not be DL.... Mermaid and ST may not be open in May or if they are they have only just opened and the Cal AP crowds will be huge... The APs will be blocked out in July, you will have much longer park hours, fireworks and Fantasmic every night... Midweek in Summer is not that bad, just go in early and follow Hydroguys FP rules and you shouldn't have more than a 10 minute wait for any ride except TSMM, ST and Mermaid...

One thing to consider for May....Star Tours is supposed to reopen sometime in May. I've seen dates ranging from May 11 to into the 20s. I know among "my crowd" that's a biggie attraction and many of our friends are planning to be there for the opening. Locals are likely to come in for the new attraction as well.

Not me, we're going the first week or May because it works for our schedule and because I hate crowds...I'm patient and would rather wait to go on Star Tours multiple times with reasonable waits on our Sept/Oct trip than go during it's first weeks of opening and be lucky to get on twice in a day of waiting, lol.

Sept/Oct is nice because the weather is also nice and crowds reasonable. Plus select dates have the Halloween party (which does increase crowds but its not too bad until mid-late October)

Only way I'd go in July would be if it was free...and then I'd probably only go reluctantly. Heat, crowds....neither my thing (funny coming from someone who lives in Arizona, but hey, it's a dry heat and I stay inside all summer, lol). Long lines in 90+ degree weather is not my idea of a vacation.

May 15th-20th

July 10th-15th

September 25th-30th

I would normally say that May would be best, but I can see how the opening of Star Tours and/or Little Mermaid could make for higher than normal crowd levels for that time of year. Also, if Splash is important to you, you might be sad to miss it since it will still be down for refurb.

Your September dates are interesting. They are definitely after when Halloweentime started this past year, so HM and SM will not be closed down but they will have the Halloween overlays. If you don't want to see Halloween stuff, these dates would not be good. If you don't mind, they might work out. They won't be the very first days of Halloweentime, so you won't be caught in the initial crush of excited locals. Also, I don't think the parties started until October last year, but I could be wrong, and even if I'm not, Disney could always change things or start them earlier.

We have been to Disney in summertime several times. I agree that the weather can be warm/hot. Weather in southern California can be quite unexpected though; my brother was down there this past September when they had the record heatwave. The temperatures for his trip were way higher than what we experienced this past July. Crowds will probably be higher in July than for your other dates, but most of the rides should be up and running.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter