May @ Pop, what do you think???

Minnie's Pal

<font color=blue>Wants to float above Castaway Cay
We finally booked. Mid-May, preferred room at Pop Century (got our first postcard :cheer2: .) What's the verdict? Good time of year, weather and crowd-wise? We were really happy with ASMusic, will we be as happy at Pop? Any tips?

Minnie's Pal said:
We finally booked. Mid-May, preferred room at Pop Century (got our first postcard :cheer2: .) What's the verdict? Good time of year, weather and crowd-wise? We were really happy with ASMusic, will we be as happy at Pop? Any tips?

I can't answer your questions about your resort, but May is a great time to go. We were there May 14-21 last year and the weather was perfect. It rained only once and only for about 15 minutes. The crowd level was fairly low. We did take advantage of a few fastpasses, but for the most part waited in very short lines. Have a great time!

I've been to Disney World three times once in August, once in April and once in May. May was definately the best time because the weather was perfect and the crowds were somewhat light. We are actually going this May (2nd-11th) and staying at the Pop Century. I can't wait!!! :cool1: :earseek: I would like to read more info on the Pop Century Resort, since it's my first visit there.

I recently reserved Pop for May 18-22. I am hoping that the crowds are low )pre-Memorial Day) and that it's not too hot. Last year, I was at POFQ in mid June and it was super hot. The crowds weren't too bad either.
Melodie

We just got back from staying at Pop this past weekend. I LOVED it! It is such a fun hotel! Each building area is a different decade and all of the decorations/outside decor is awesome!

Considering it's a value resort, I was really happy with everything. The rooms (we had a king bed) were generous in size (again, considering it was a value) and even though it was just the two of us there was plently of room for a roll away/crib, etc. The rooms were clean and the decor was modern and new, yet still fitting with the pop century theme. We were in the 70s building, which I think is a great building to be in. You are *very* close to transportation, parking, and the main building where the shops, food court, and guest services are, yet you don't pay premium.

For us, this resort was perfect location wise because it was close to both the Boardwalk and DT Disney (two places we frequent).

I'll be posting a trip report tomorrow, with pictures, if you're interested. :) If you have any specific questions, ask away!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter