May Park Hours Seem Short for May 5-10

hill6

DIS Veteran
We are booked May 5-10 and I just looked at the closing times for the parks and they seem awful early.

Animal Kingdom 6 pm
Hollywood Studio 8:30 pm
MK 10 pm
Water Parks: 5 pm

There is even one night that the parade is not running in MK.

It seems odd that they are closing that early.

Any thoughts? Thanks.

These are tentative hours and can be extended at any time. I have noticed that, during normally slower times when numbers become more accurate, hours are increased.

I'll be there that week too. I plan on going to Downtown Disney after the Animal Kingdom closes and will be going to bed early on my Hollywood Studios day. Sometimes getting to bed early at Disney can be a real treat. It reminds me that I am actually on vacation! :cloud9:

We are also going that same week, well at least part of that week and part of the next. Those are considered slower weeks so the times didn't surprise me. It's suppose to be one of the best times to visit the parks crowd wise and it looks like you miss the ride rehabs as well. If they stay like that I can live with it if it means lower crowds.

We are booked May 5-10 and I just looked at the closing times for the parks and they seem awful early.

Animal Kingdom 6 pm
Hollywood Studio 8:30 pm
MK 10 pm
Water Parks: 5 pm

There is even one night that the parade is not running in MK.

It seems odd that they are closing that early.

Any thoughts? Thanks.

Seems normal for that time of year. I would expect MK to stay open later on Saturday night.

Thanks for everyone's input.

I have no problem with MK closing at 10 each night although 11 would be better. If MK is open till 11 on Saturday that is not good since we fly home Saturday night.

I was hoping that AK would be open later to ride Everest in the dark.

DHS has closing times of 8:30 listed but 9 pm for Fantasmic showing. Hoping that means that they will extend those.

I'm going those same dates!:cool1:

There is eve. emh for Studios on Mon. and for Epcot on Fri. if that helps you.

I booked a late dinner at Cali Grill one night for the 10pm wishes viewing.

But I too hope hours will be extended some, especially at MK which is my fav at night. I only do 1/2 day ever at AK so that doesn't bother me.

Generally speaking, the shorter the hours, the thinner the crowds will be, so there is the silver lining to the cloud IMHO.

Generally speaking, the shorter the hours, the thinner the crowds will be, so there is the silver lining to the cloud IMHO.

That's how I see it too. I've got a trip booked for that week because of the low-to-medium crowd prediction. You won't spend two hours in line for a ride... hopefully!

I'm going those same dates!:cool1:

There is eve. emh for Studios on Mon. and for Epcot on Fri. if that helps you.

I booked a late dinner at Cali Grill one night for the 10pm wishes viewing.

But I too hope hours will be extended some, especially at MK which is my fav at night. I only do 1/2 day ever at AK so that doesn't bother me.

Small world. I have never done Everest in the dark and think it would be neat to do. AK is a half day part to us too. I have it scheduled for the day after we arrive. We will probably be there for rope drop. I have lunch scheduled at Yak and Yeti and then we will probably leave.

That's how I see it too. I've got a trip booked for that week because of the low-to-medium crowd prediction. You won't spend two hours in line for a ride... hopefully!

I seen the crowd levels are light for that time. Fine by me. I have been there twice in the summer and twice at Christmas. Those are busy times. We would be there for rope drop and back at the resort right after lunch. Back out for dinner and then an evening park usually ending in Epcot.

We will be there the same time.. It doesn't matter to me really if they close early, but, I was really hoping to see the electric parade and Wishes one night. My granddaughter is looking forward to that..

We will be there the same time.. It doesn't matter to me really if they close early, but, I was really hoping to see the electric parade and Wishes one night. My granddaughter is looking forward to that..

On the schedule I have it shows the parade every night except for Wednesday, May 7th

Yeah I think Wishes is running every night and the parade most nights. You should be good to go. I tell you there is nothing like Disney with low crowds. Went in Feb a few years ago and it was absolute heaven. Longest wait was 20 minutes for soarin'. We had a blast until I got some kind of bug....could have lived with out that but it was at the very end of the trip so it didn't ruin to much.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter