May or August?

dawnhaze

DIS Veteran
Right now, I'm booked on a 3-night Bahamas cruise on the Dream at the end of August. There's an identical itinerary in May that coincides with my spring trip down to WDW, so I'm considering changing my cruise to May instead.

Are there any pros and/or cons to either time? Crowds, prices, weather? I've never been cruising before and I'm going solo, if that matters at all.

Right now, I'm booked on a 3-night Bahamas cruise on the Dream at the end of August. There's an identical itinerary in May that coincides with my spring trip down to WDW, so I'm considering changing my cruise to May instead.

Are there any pros and/or cons to either time? Crowds, prices, weather? I've never been cruising before and I'm going solo, if that matters at all.

I'd go with the May cruise. It's a little more off season than August. The crowds onboard are going to be fairly similar, but probably less kids in May than August.

:cutie:

I'd do May. A three night cruise seems really short so combining it with WDW is a good option. Plus one set of flights/transportation would make me consider doing it in one swoop. Save a little money and go somewhere else in the fall?

It all comes down to personal preference.

Another vote for May! Why fly twice when you don't have to? Save the money and do a LONGER cruise later! :)

One versus two sets of airfare isn't an issue - I'm going to WDW in August as well. :) If I decide to change to the May cruise, I'll just stay more days at WDW in August to make up for the lost park days on the May trip.

If I enjoy the short cruise, whenever I take it, a longer one is definitely in the cards for 2014!

The responses are definitely leaning me towards the May cruise, though... Plus, it's sooner! :)

I'd also vote for May. We were on a cruise in August that was re-routed because of a hurricane at our original ports.

Yes, that's true May is pre-hurricane season. While not unheard of during that time I'd say it is less likely than the storm-prone August.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter