• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

May need to downgrade, it feels like a loss..Help!

I would have to agree with everyone. As long as you are staying on Disney. If I was in the same situation I would definitely stay at a moderate. I usually stay at these and have no problem.

Go, enjoy and not feel guilty about spending the money

Looks like you have been to Disney before and stayed in those resorts before, stop looking it as a downgrade and look at as "trying something new"
You may find a new "love" that way

Look at it this way, no parent wants to disappoint their children but it does happen occassionally. Here is what I would do. See if you can switch to GV at Poly and maybe a standard at WL. If you have to downgrade do so, it is better to enjoy your trip than to worry if can afford it the whole time you are there.

I don't know the ages of your children, but I am reasonably sure they won't know the difference if you don't have concierge! If downgrading your resort elicits complaints from your kids - suggest that maybe you won't go to WDW at all. Bet that shuts them up!

Also have you considered the Swan and Dolphin? Depending of time of year they can be quite competitive with the moderates but are actually near deluxe quality. Since they are right at the Boardwalk with the Yacht and Beach club they are almost Disney hotels.

I with some of the others, if you feel you will worry all through your vacation about the money you are spending by staying at your original hotels then it may not be much of a vacation. So if you "downgrade", and the term "downgrade" is all relative, you could have a much better time.

Switch to a moderate and don't look back. My bet is you won't regret it at all. CSR looks magically magnificent to me! We are considering downgrading just to be more sensible too

I would not hesitate to downgrade if it keeps you from going into debt. You and your family will have a wonderful time no matter which resort you are at. You probably will spend little time in your room anyway. We are going for the 2nd time in Sept. and staying in a Moderate. We could afford the deluxes but I would rather spend my money on something else since we are never in our room anway. The kids are just happy to be at Disney and could care less where we sleep. I know you will have a great trip no matter where you stay.

We have downgraded our planned accomodation twice. The first time, technically belongs on the cruise board, since we went from a verandah to a porthole view.

The second time is for next summer. I started with CBR, phased through the values, and we are now very excited to be tent camping at FW. My DS has comfortably rolled with the punches, and is always willing to try something new.

By the way, we didn't miss the verandah at all.

pickles said:
Looks like you have been to Disney before and stayed in those resorts before, stop looking it as a downgrade and look at as "trying something new"
You may find a new "love" that way
I totally agree with Pickles. I'm in a very similar situation. We've only stayed at Deluxe hotels, and have grown very comfortable with them. However, we own our own business, and this summer has been brutal, financially. So, instead of whether or not I "should" continue to stay @ a deluxe this next time, I just booked at POFQ. It'll be fun to try something different, and I'm sure we'll all have a great time, wherever we stay! It's Disney World! :)
Best of luck with your decision!

Well, here we are, on the other side of our decision, one that made itself...Here goes..my DD age 12 is a junior olympic level gymnast and we just found out last nite that she needs to compete the weekend we were planning on moving to the villas for the second part of our trip. So I cancelled those nights out today, and moved our flight and cancelled dining for those days. Soo, we will be at the Poly LVC for 4 nites only. Short and sweet, and much less expensive. I want to thank everyone for all of their kind and understanding responses. Sure, its just a vacation, but its wonderful to try to make it so special for us, and the thought of disappointing the crew here in our home really hurt! Your advice and kind Disneyfriend help meant alot! Lisa

I hope you have a wonderful trip!! I am glad that it has worked out.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter