May Need a "Plan B" Resort- HELP!

DisneyMomChristine

Mouseketeer
I'm anxiously awaiting discounts for October. We are booked at Poly for 6 nights.

Because I love to worry, I'm concerned that Poly won't be on the list of discounted hotels. I have my heart set on it, but if we don't get a discount AND there is construction, I'll have to think long and hard about keeping our reservation.

We stayed at GF last year and loved it, but wanted a change. Ideally, we want to be on the monorail as we have a double stroller, but aren't fans of CR. I'd go back to GF, but I really do like for each trip to be a new experience.

Thoughts on WL? If we stay WL we may do Club Level...
And really, how is that boat ride to MK? Best way to get to Epcot - bus?
Being without the monorail may honestly be a deal breaker...

What are YOUR favorite DELUXE resorts and WHY? I need to start my research NOW to be ready when discounts are announced!!! :-)

I'm anxiously awaiting discounts for October. We are booked at Poly for 6 nights.

Because I love to worry, I'm concerned that Poly won't be on the list of discounted hotels. I have my heart set on it, but if we don't get a discount AND there is construction, I'll have to think long and hard about keeping our reservation.

We stayed at GF last year and loved it, but wanted a change. Ideally, we want to be on the monorail as we have a double stroller, but aren't fans of CR. I'd go back to GF, but I really do like for each trip to be a new experience.

Thoughts on WL? If we stay WL we may do Club Level...
And really, how is that boat ride to MK? Best way to get to Epcot - bus?
Being without the monorail may honestly be a deal breaker...

What are YOUR favorite DELUXE resorts and WHY? I need to start my research NOW to be ready when discounts are announced!!! :-)

Of the MK area resorts, we've stayed at the Poly, GF, and WL and while the Poly is our favorite overall, we do love the GF and WL. If you are looking for something new but want to be near MK, I think WL is a great choice. We've had two great stays at the WL, with one being CL. We absolutely loved WL CL! The food offerings were great, the lounge was spacious with seating that overlooked the lobby, and the CL CMs were amazing. WL isn't on the monorail, but we have always found the transportation to be great. The boat to MK is nice, but there's also a bus that goes direct with not stops and the buses to the other parks have always been great in our experience. We have stayed at all but 3 of the deluxe resorts and WL ranks at the top as far as transportation (in our experiences). With all of that said, I don't think you'd regret trying the WL (and CL would be a bonus). Good luck.

We tried WL as an alternative to Poly while the lava pool was closed and loved it! Another thought would be to look into Orbitz as a lesser discount, or check with a travel agency that does discounts to see if you can get Poly.

While I would definitely prefer the Poly for theming, location, and transportation, staying at the WL (especially CL) would certainly not be much of a downgrade! I think the biggest difference between the Poly/ GF and WL to me are that you don't feel like you're in the action... WL feels like you're far away from the action of MK even though you're not really. I like feeling like I'm in the middle of the magic and prefer the monorail, boats, and fireworks to see from the monorail resorts. However, WL is very relaxing and a very nice place it just feels further away IMO

With three buildings taken out of Polynesian inventory with the addition of DVC villas, they might not have the vacancy to include in the discounted hotels.

WL is going to be under construction by then... We are going from WL to gf... Can't imagine going the other way. I think you will miss the monorail. We do love WL but not with the construction.

WL is going to be under construction by then... We are going from WL to gf... Can't imagine going the other way. I think you will miss the monorail. We do love WL but not with the construction.

Good point, MaggiesMomNJ. Options at this point are either Poly at rack or GF.

Tough life decisions! ;-)

Good point, MaggiesMomNJ. Options at this point are either Poly at rack or GF.

Tough life decisions! ;-)
lol I know this all gets very serious. We are quite upset about WL actually.. But after gf I don't know how you could stay anywhere else. Did you say you were afraid poly wouldn't be included? Call and ask if you have a pin. I did and that's how I got gf at 30% off in Dec. If not, add trips to your cart.

No way I'd pay rack rate at any resort, so I'd go with GF. We did a split stay there 2 yrs ago, loved it so much we went back last year for 2 weeks. We were supposed to be at Poly, but construction and main pool closing in August changed our mind.
We are going back to Poly this August.

I would guess that the poly villas won't be discounted but I have not seen the poly excluded from any discounts so while I don't think having a plan b is a bad idea i think you're probably okay.

we love the grand floridian and I'd go back there if you decide against the poly. My choices for mk area resort would be

1. polynesian
2. grand floridian
3. contemporary
4. wilderness lodge

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter