May Med Magic - May 15 2010 - Meet thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Tammy, Thanks for getting back to me! We would love to join you. We are very interested in the historical highlights that you mentioned. How do we go about squaring up the money? Do we bring Euros to pay the driver directly or do we pay you?
I can't believe its next week we are leaving!
Thanks,
Karen

Karen,

Are you still interested in the Florence tour with us?

Cindy

Hey Karen,

We're on a 6:25 pm AA flight out of JFK on 5/13.

Hi Jeff,
We are on a 5:35pm Delta flight direct into Barcelona. We are staying at the AC Diplomatic. If you get a chance to answer a quick question, can you tell me how people pay for excursions? Is it cash that day to the driver or can we use credit cards?
Thanks for putting up our names. We are in room 2519 and we are in our (40's) and from Flemington NJ.
Thanks,
Karen

Definitely not too late for the lanyards/nametags. I'll make those tonight. Do you want them for your little ones too or just you and hubby? As to the meets, the only ones that are closed are the brunches at Palo and the private wine tasting. The embarkation meet is open for all to come and go as they please (and pick up their lanyards). The stateroom crawl is open to anyone as well. The other Wine Tastings are open to anyone and must be booked through Disney at the Guest Services desk. Not yet on the "DIS Meets" tab on the web site yet, but there was discussion earlier about having a standing meeting after the shows on the "At Sea" evenings. To me, it might be better, at least for the first two evenings, to do that the evening before the "As Sea" days as we won't have to get up early to make a tour in port. Regardless, having the lanyards will make it easier to recognize each other and join up if we want in whatever is going on.

YAAAAA yes pls ill have a lanyard............umm what are they lol but defo want one for all of us heheh (let me know if i need to pay you) No worries about the meets i miss (wine tasting and palo) Am just so so happy i havent missed out on everything!!! You guys are FAB ( Sorry am just sooo looking forward to it all and this board makes it soo special) x:love:

Hi Tammy, Thanks for getting back to me! We would love to join you. We are very interested in the historical highlights that you mentioned. How do we go about squaring up the money? Do we bring Euros to pay the driver directly or do we pay you?
I can't believe its next week we are leaving!
Thanks,
Karen

Hi Karen,

We are very happy you will be joining us :banana: Is it just you and your DH?

Cost for the tour is 500 euros or 83.34 euros per person (based on 6 people).
We will pay the driver at the time of the tour in euros or Traveler Checks in euros.

The driver will pick us up at the port with a sign "Crowe" on it. Pick-up time is 8:00 AM.

The cost of the tour does not include the following:
Lunch
Tickets into the Coliseum 11 euros per person
Tickets into the Catacombs 6 euros per person
Tip for the guide

I know we will meet on the cruise and make any finale as needed. My room is 7008 and my parent room is 7503.

My email address is moneyhappy@comcast.net feel free to contact me with any questions.

Tammy :)

:welcome: Welcome mcinnesp and Charlotte!! :cheer2:

Charlotte, I love your energy! If I had been to all the ports on the cruise like you, I would sit back and enjoy the Mickey pool with those babies!(with the drink of the day of course!) :flower3:

You might have some little prizes in your FE from me as well.

Mary

Ahhh Thankyou pls let me know your stateroom no so i can add my little gift!!!! Am very lucky to have been to those beautiful ports but i would defo go to all of them again its just all take soo long and my bubs are so yound and quite frankly blimming hard work to keep happy if its "not there thing" Am soo hoping mine will both like the clubs so me and Hubby can get a sneak at the adults only deck with cocktail in hand!!! xx :laughing:

Thank you to all you wonderfully knowledgable people for this great site and all the info :love:, Just wanted to say Hi im Charlotte(32) from the Kent in the uk i am travelling with my hubby Rob (33) and my disney princess mad d/d Piper 4 and captain cook lovin ds Leyton 2!!! Its our forst ever cruise, disney experience and family hols abroad (first flights for my bubs but only 2 hours so should be ok):confused3 Only booked in jan on a spare of the mo thing as never ever heard of the disney cruise but am soooooooooooooooo glad we did!!!! Havent booked any excursion as my two are young and difficult (Not happy to leave on board yet plus have seen alot of europe) So plan on enjoying full potention of the boat!!!!!
Am concerned about our flight as wont get into barc til 2!! know its only 30-40 mins so hopling to grab a taxi and get there before 4!!!!!!!!ahh Flights home is a pain to have to be at airport at 8am so will miss alot!!! (would change but cost more than the hols) Any one else on my easy jet flights!!!

Cant wait to meet all you fab people oh and called iglu today to find out when we were eating they said they would request early for us but seems you all know yours???? Am gonna make my own FE and fill in for my two, will also add so bits to radom ones i see(i will put a tag so you know who the strangers is) lol xxxxxxxxx

:welcome: to the board :)

Was told the same by IGLU so really hope there will be loads of taxi and not much traffic hey!!! lol I know it will be amazing just feels sooo unprepared now ive seen all these post about private tours, door decors ,FE ,bringing a tshirt to sign!! I just dont want to miss any oppotuntie as not sure if we will be able to do it again!!! x

We have some extra FE gifts. What is your room number?

We are at 7008 and 7503 :banana:

We have some extra FE gifts. What is your room number?

We are at 7008 and 7503 :banana:

Ahh thankyou very kind so late in the day , you are on my defo list for gifts lol !!! Will just HAVE to book another DLC then i might just get round to doing it all!!!:cheer2:
Stateroom 5509!!!
Can i ask what sort of things you put on your door ( i know they have to be magnetic)!!!

Hi Jeff,
We are on a 5:35pm Delta flight direct into Barcelona. We are staying at the AC Diplomatic. If you get a chance to answer a quick question, can you tell me how people pay for excursions? Is it cash that day to the driver or can we use credit cards?
Thanks for putting up our names. We are in room 2519 and we are in our (40's) and from Flemington NJ.
Thanks,
Karen

If the excursions are through DCL they will charge your on-board account and the credit card you have setup for charging.

All of your private tours are all cash in euros at the time of the tour.

:welcome: to the board :)

Many thanks it soo great to be here!!!!! Cant believe only 11 sleeps left YAAAAA It really will be a trip of a life time for us so gonna make the most of it fisrt time my children have flown And been on a boat and will totally blow there minds when they see the characters (and mine so just ignore the mad 32 star stuck fool) lol xx

Many thanks it soo great to be here!!!!! Cant believe only 11 sleeps left YAAAAA It really will be a trip of a life time for us so gonna make the most of it fisrt time my children have flown And been on a boat and will totally blow there minds when they see the characters (and mine so just ignore the mad 32 star stuck fool) lol xx

8 days and 19 hours and 40 minutes for me....not that I'm counting. :rotfl:

Jill

Has anyone picked out any restaurants in Barcelona for before or after the cruise?

We are going to try to do Cinc Sentits for our last night in Barcelona. Unfortunately they don't take reservations until two weeks before which will be very soon!!!! We can't believe that it is almost here and we're down to single digits on our countdown calendars.

Welcome!!! We also have some extra gifts and will add you to our list. We are 5522, 5524, 5526.

Ahhh Thankyou pls let me know your stateroom no so i can add my little gift!!!! Am very lucky to have been to those beautiful ports but i would defo go to all of them again its just all take soo long and my bubs are so yound and quite frankly blimming hard work to keep happy if its "not there thing" Am soo hoping mine will both like the clubs so me and Hubby can get a sneak at the adults only deck with cocktail in hand!!! xx :laughing:

Its ok i got it from the roll call 6576 right? Your lil man looks a cutey x

Ahh thankyou very kind so late in the day , you are on my defo list for gifts lol !!! Will just HAVE to book another DLC then i might just get round to doing it all!!!:cheer2:
Stateroom 5509!!!
Can i ask what sort of things you put on your door ( i know they have to be magnetic)!!!

I tried to do the door ears but I have not had time to get the sizing correct. There is a link do the door ears on the the website http://5-15-10-medcruisers.weebly.com/links.html

We will have our DVC owners sign (it should be there it was added by DCL last time), maybe a Castaway Club Member sign

If I cannot make the t-shirts in time I'll make magnets instead (faster to make)

Welcome!!! We also have some extra gifts and will add you to our list. We are 5522, 5524, 5526.

Thankyou so much!! I feel very bad i honestly just intended to put my gifts in anyones FE but didnt expect so many kind people to offer to do it back A HUGE HUGGY THANKYOU all your no are on my list toooo xxxxx:love:

Final 80 hours for us here in Hawaii. That is just not enough time:scared1::scared1::scared1::scared1:

Malta X yacht tour still has the six spots open in afternoon. I may be to busy to reply to any questions but if interested check with me. Where and when will be tough. The family will be at Magic fountains Saturday night. Our room is 2540 if you want to call or leave a note as late as sailaway or first sea day.

Corsica -- now that the ship docks and no tenders I guess those wanting to share taxi's to airport can meet just off the gangway when the ship first lets us go ashore.

Rome -- Will meet up with group at 7:30 but will probably catch the 8:41 unless the family wants to try for the 7:59.

La Spezia -- Family still flipflopping between ferry to Cinque Terra and Florence.

Tunisia -- Family is doing Bardo museum in morning an Sidi bou Said in afternoon via the tram and metro. Anyone wanting to join feel free. The blind can lead the blind.

Back to work.

AlohaJoe23

Hello!! I would like to join in on the fun if thats okay! This will be our first Disney Cruise and we are extremely excited. Family consists of myself, hubby, daughter (3yrs), son (2yrs old), Grandmom, Grandpop, and Sister. Can I add our name to the DIY Rome Group? I like the safety in numbers thought process because we are directionally challenged family!

Can't wait to meet everyone!! :goodvibes

Mail Hold Request. done
Newspaper delivery hold. done
Euros ordered. done
Hair appointment. Saturday
Vet appointment for my dog. Tomorrow night
Dog Boarding Appointment. done
Banks called to let them know I will be out of the country. done

Ok, I know I am forgetting stuff! I'm soooooo ready to be on the ship!!!!!

Jill
Ok, now this is getting serious. Have had Hound Dog Hotel reservations for a couple of months now, everything else is going to occur when I get off the road Monday. I did sneak in an office day this Friday so I can get to the Bank for some Euro, feel pretty good about recent exchange rates. After Staff meeting on Monday, they are on their own, I will be crossing off my travel list items Tuesday and Wednesday. Saturday had to schedule a meeting with the girls to finalize all travel plans including packing plans. The good news is we will do this on the deck at Bayside over lunch.

Next Thursday everyone just better get out of my way - headed to Barcelona and no excuses.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter