May Med Magic - May 15 2010 - Meet thread - Part 2

CONGRATS!!! Amazing what 5 minutes will do. Things are looking up for you! Fingers & toes crossed for you!

I'm so sorry you couldn't work anything better out with US Air. That must be so frustrating for you. Are you going to be able to get a refund/credit for the cruise? You will be missed!

Sayhello

Thank you! And yes we bought travel insurance for the cruise. We have to file a claim and if denied, Disney will give us credit toward another cruise. Maybe we will go to Alaska!

Thank you! And yes we bought travel insurance for the cruise. We have to file a claim and if denied, Disney will give us credit toward another cruise. Maybe we will go to Alaska!

So sorry to hear of all your troubles and that you will not be able to go.

Happy Travels to all of you starting your journeys! Best of luck on your flights. Wish us luck too. We fly out of PHL or Fri afternoon. Crossing fingers that we will get there:goodvibes. Maybe we'll catch some of you on our flight!

Tracy

About taras' boardgames on the first sea day:

On the time for the games, lounges and shows, the show for late dinner seating is at 6:30. As far as playing in one of the lounges after dinner, they typically have live entertainment in all the lounges after dinner so I think your suggestion about before dinner is better. You might consider 4 or 4:30 versus 5 pm. I was going to suggest Sessions lounge but DCL uses it for the various wine, beer, margarita, martini, etc. tastings on sea days. We can play in Promenade even if the entertainment is going...just get over off to the side.

Sounds good to me - Sunday 4pm in Promenade?

About taras' boardgames on the first sea day:

Sounds good to me - Sunday 4pm in Promenade?

Sure, games at 4pm on Sunday, May 16 in the Promenade Lounge. Either Danny or I will wear a brightly colored Thai hat, so we'll be easy to find. If you can't make that one, but still want to play another time, just slip a note under my door.

Safe travels to everyone. The Philly U.S. Airways flight is in flight - so hopefully it means it went tonight as we're on it tomorrow.I've got my fingers, toes, everything crossed - plus prayers galore! I am so sorry for that couple that got cancelled yesterday by U.S. Airways.

Thought I'd share NurseManager's (Cindy/Curt) fun day. They left Wichita, Ks. an hour late so they missed their Chicago flight. At Chicago they caught a flight to La Guardia but they were flying out of JFK to Barcelona. They were an hour late on that flight - they had 3 hours to make it. Cindy said they had the cab driver drive as fast as he could. They went without any luggage. They begged people to let them go ahead in Security. They ran to the gate. They were shutting the door. They asked, "Are you the ______?" They were the last to board the plane. She texted me as they were ready to take off.

As Cindy said to me - we pay "good money" to have this much fun??? Here's pixie dust that their luggage gets there by Saturday. Pixie dust to everyone flying tomorrow. My stomach is in knots. Vacations are suppose to be fun, fun, fun - not this!!

I'm with you nanaguide. Patronizing the airlines is a rather anti-climatic way to start & end a vacation!!!! Fortunately, I'm pretty sure the vacation in between will make up for the torture that is air travel!

Sayhello

Good luck to all those flying!

Delta 114 from Atlanta to Barcelona is in the air. Fingers crossed we will be good to go in the morning.

Super Shuttle is picking me up at 7AM for my 11AM flight out of Denver. I'm trying to finish packing now.

For those I'm making magnets for, I'm not cutting them out.....they will travel better as one sheet. Hopefully Guest Services will have scissors to borrow.

Jill

I've been checking the same Air France flight we are on from DTW to Paris tomorrow. This am it got in to Paris about 25 min late and tomorrow am it is supposed to get in to Paris about 20 min early--that's a lot better than the 2 hrs late earlier in the week. Hope it stays on time for tomorrow night so we can make our connection in Paris. We are supposed to get some bad storms tomorrow & I'm hoping they all pass before the evening!

Here's wishing safe and on-time travel to everyone!! :wizard:

I will admit that I am a nervous wreck about all this travel and won't be any better until we land in Barcelona. Although checking with our travel network at work we will have some options should our flight not go -- we're also on the 114 flight with Delta out of Atlanta. Hopefully since we have a nice cushion we won't need it but I would be so ubersad if we didn't get to go -- I've even checked on flights to Malta believe it or not. :rotfl: Coming home I don't care. I would love to be able to call and say oh sorry ash cloud can't come home right now have to stay here in Barcelona. :rolleyes1

So I finally decided to pack and now I am taking a break! I leave for work tomorrow at 8 work until 3 then go straight to Newark for a 5:30 flight.

Quick question, I know it was asked in this thread previously I just dont have the time to go back and look but does Disney provide shampoo and conditioner? Last cruise I was on they provided H20 products, hoping it hasnt changed so it is one less thing I have to pack.

Safe travels to everyone. The Philly U.S. Airways flight is in flight - so hopefully it means it went tonight as we're on it tomorrow.I've got my fingers, toes, everything crossed - plus prayers galore! I am so sorry for that couple that got cancelled yesterday by U.S. Airways.

Thought I'd share NurseManager's (Cindy/Curt) fun day. They left Wichita, Ks. an hour late so they missed their Chicago flight. At Chicago they caught a flight to La Guardia but they were flying out of JFK to Barcelona. They were an hour late on that flight - they had 3 hours to make it. Cindy said they had the cab driver drive as fast as he could. They went without any luggage. They begged people to let them go ahead in Security. They ran to the gate. They were shutting the door. They asked, "Are you the ______?" They were the last to board the plane. She texted me as they were ready to take off.

As Cindy said to me - we pay "good money" to have this much fun??? Here's pixie dust that their luggage gets there by Saturday. Pixie dust to everyone flying tomorrow. My stomach is in knots. Vacations are suppose to be fun, fun, fun - not this!!

We are on the US Airways flt tomorrow night as well, #738 leaving @ 8:25 p.m. to Lisbon. Is that the flight you are on?

So I finally decided to pack and now I am taking a break! I leave for work tomorrow at 8 work until 3 then go straight to Newark for a 5:30 flight.

Quick question, I know it was asked in this thread previously I just dont have the time to go back and look but does Disney provide shampoo and conditioner? Last cruise I was on they provided H20 products, hoping it hasnt changed so it is one less thing I have to pack.

Yes, they do Lisa.

Well, we've been packing for the last 3.5 hours and it's still not done.:eek::confused:

We're getting up a 3:45 am. Tomorrow is going to be a LOOOOOOONG day. Hopefully it ends with us over the Atlantic waving a certain finger at the volcano as we wing towards Espanya. :yay:

Well, we've been packing for the last 3.5 hours and it's still not done.:eek::confused:

We're getting up a 3:45 am. Tomorrow is going to be a LOOOOOOONG day. Hopefully it ends with us over the Atlantic waving a certain finger at the volcano as we wing towards Espanya. :yay:

Hey don't taunt the volcano gods until Delta 114 takes off at 5:55. ;)

Jill

We along with HelenMartinez arrived in London yesterday with a pretty uneventful day of traveling. Our flight from LAX was delayed 45 minutes and we arrived about 30 minutes late. Lots of turbulence over the midwest though. I have not heard of any travel restrictions between London & Barcelona so we should be a go for Friday... We had a great evening just walking around London last night.

Awake @ 430 this morning stressing about flt. According to web site, we are still a go but ughhhhhh! At least I'm up early acclimating to a new time zone:surfweb: I will try to fill people in when we arrive in Atlanta.
Rob

Our whole family is up at 4 am too - even though we didn't go to bed until 11 pm...adjusting to a new time zone is hard.

Both of my kids got home yesterday from Auburn University. My son graduated with a BS in Mechanical Engineering (woo hoo!).

Congratulations!

It is a long story with US Air. They did try to work with us but in the end we would be traveling over 96 hours to get there and that is with no delays. There comes a time to say enough. They were able to give "trip in vane" and send us home and give us a full refund. For us that is the best solution. To add to this the exact same flight the day before us was canceled and they were still trying to get out of PHL. Also, we are very conerned about being stranded after the cruise as there have been many delays west bound and British Air will be on strike when the cruise is over.
Sorry to hear about that! Did you try arranging to be on the May 26?

We need to buy them a DOD when we get to the ship!

Perhaps we should wait until the flight home... don't want it to be PO at us when we still have to go around it.

Safe travels to everyone...

Argh! I'm really stressing about packing. My suitcase is at a bit over 45 pounds, but my carryon is 25 pounds, and I think that's too much, so I'm going to probably have to re-distribute. And I have a LARGE purse with my meds and my iPad and all my pursey-kind of stuff (reading glasses, wallet, passport, etc) and it's HUGE and heavy. I think I'm going to give up on bringing all my meds in the original bottles. Has anyone ever been bugged about that? I was thinking of just transferring them to baggies or something... :confused: I have a week's worth in my pill case, but the other 11 days' worth is in the bottles. Man, I need to go to sleep, but I'm a little freaked here. Being picked up by the taxi at 10am for a 12:30 pm flight.

Ye gods, I wish I was already in Barcelona!!!

Safe Travels!

Sayhello

We along with HelenMartinez arrived in London yesterday with a pretty uneventful day of traveling. Our flight from LAX was delayed 45 minutes and we arrived about 30 minutes late. Lots of turbulence over the midwest though.

Safe travels to everyone...

Yes, we had tornado sirens this morning while the tail end of 3 days of weather was passing through, but that is what makes the Midwest great, new weather every few hours.

Jeff, we both have the kids home from school now but I bet your's don't have their boyfriends over at 11:39 the night before an all day travel. Maybe its a good thing they will keep me up until the wee hours so I can get a head start on Med Time.

US Scare is not as bad as Trembling Wings (TWA), after my first million miles I discovered that the old Republic was the best but I have grown fond of Midwest and United.

We are on the road in 6 hours ! :teleport:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter