May Med Magic - May 15 2010 - Meet thread - Part 2

Well, I thought this volcano was done but we will have to see. Trying to Finish the fe gifts but my wireless connection to the printer is down so I can't print my cards to put in the bags but if you're in group a and you can't figure out who it's from, I'll buy you a drink. I am hoping that b/c we are leaving 3 days early, we will land somewhere in Europe and can shuttle in if necessary. How stressful. Happy mothers day!:thumbsup2

My neighbor on the next street just got home from the April 24th cruise. He said the trip was outstanding. When they boarded they were told that the ship was full and there were no upgrades. Ony 1 family from Australia and another family didn't make the sailing - they joined up in Naples. His favorites were Monaco, Cinque Terre (sp?), and Rome. He said Rome was crowded but worth it to see all that history - no problem with pick pockets or flower sellers. They loved Pompeii - needed at least 4 hours there and thought Sorrento was gorgeous. They really enjoyed Malta and Medina stood out in his mind. Would not go back to Tunis - not many women out just men. If you've been to Morocco you've seen Tunis he commented.

The Disney staff was great and the food was very good. Everyone was friendly. The shows were good especially one of them (he couldn't remember the name of it) but he didn't enjoy the 2 comedians. They had super weather except for 3 hours on the last day - 20 ft. waves and the Captain told them to stay inside. He said we would all enjoy the trip immensely:cool1::cool1: - wish they were going again.

My neighbor on the next street just got home from the April 24th cruise. He said the trip was outstanding. When they boarded they were told that the ship was full and there were no upgrades. Ony 1 family from Australia and another family didn't make the sailing - they joined up in Naples. His favorites were Monaco, Cinque Terre (sp?), and Rome. He said Rome was crowded but worth it to see all that history - no problem with pick pockets or flower sellers. They loved Pompeii - needed at least 4 hours there and thought Sorrento was gorgeous. They really enjoyed Malta and Medina stood out in his mind. Would not go back to Tunis - not many women out just men. If you've been to Morocco you've seen Tunis he commented.

The Disney staff was great and the food was very good. Everyone was friendly. The shows were good especially one of them (he couldn't remember the name of it) but he didn't enjoy the 2 comedians. They had super weather except for 3 hours on the last day - 20 ft. waves and the Captain told them to stay inside. He said we would all enjoy the trip immensely:cool1::cool1: - wish they were going again.

Great update!!! Looking forward to our cruise :)

Went onto Iberia's website to check-in online and encountered a problem. The credit card holder that paid for the tickets was not allowed to check-in online, but everyone else could. I called Iberia and they said it was security reasons, that they need to verify the credit card :confused: The tickets were purchased on 9/29/09, I know they received their money.

Then as I'm checking out the three people that could check-in online it got to the luggage page and only two of the three people are listed :confused: The person with the Iberia Plus card was dropped from the luggage page.

I have four people flying, one cannot check-in, one cannot bring luggage. Only the men are fully checked-in. Guess it will be a trip for only the men :)

I have four people flying, one cannot check-in, one cannot bring luggage. Only the men are fully checked-in. Guess it will be a trip for only the men :)

You don't think the men might have had something to do with this little snafu? :lmao:

Well thanks to the ash cloud we got an extra 400 miles and an extra hour on the plane. Still had time to take in some of the British Museum and Stonehenge. Now time to hit the hay up here in Stratford-Upon-Avon.

Blog of our trip if interested:

http://squirt-schwarzfam.blogspot.com/2010/05/to-blog-or-not-to-blog-that-is-question.html

Thanks for the well wishes. Keep them coming for the Thursday EasyJet flight to Barcelona.

AlohaJoe23

Glad you made it safe to your first destination. I hope easy and on time flying holds for the trip to Barcelona.

Well thanks to the ash cloud we got an extra 400 miles and an extra hour on the plane. Still had time to take in some of the British Museum and Stonehenge. Now time to hit the hay up here in Stratford-Upon-Avon.

Blog of our trip if interested:

http://squirt-schwarzfam.blogspot.com/2010/05/to-blog-or-not-to-blog-that-is-question.html

Thanks for the well wishes. Keep them coming for the Thursday EasyJet flight to Barcelona.

AlohaJoe23
Glad you made it alright! :) Late is definitely better than never!

Went onto Iberia's website to check-in online and encountered a problem. The credit card holder that paid for the tickets was not allowed to check-in online, but everyone else could. I called Iberia and they said it was security reasons, that they need to verify the credit card :confused: The tickets were purchased on 9/29/09, I know they received their money.

Then as I'm checking out the three people that could check-in online it got to the luggage page and only two of the three people are listed :confused: The person with the Iberia Plus card was dropped from the luggage page.

OK, that's scary! :eek: Do you fly out tomorrow?

Sayhello

Okay please let us know what you find out! I hope we can just use the blogspot site too. This was the first time I'd heard of anyone having problems onboard so I hope it's an isolated incident!

She said she was able to blog normally...her only problem was with the usual slow internet speed onboard - I'm used to working around that. :)

Alright! We've finished our FE gifts, put the name tags in the badge holders and bagged up the lanyards. :banana:

Hey, Jeff, is the image from the website that Jane made (the globe with our itinerary & the flags on the ears) big enough to print out as a magnet? If it is, could I talk you into printing it out for me? Jill is doing Mickey ears for me (thanks, Jill!), but I'd like one more magnet for my door...

Thanks!
Sayhello

What do you think about this one? We liked it and printed it for our door. It's looks really nice.

4963360.jpg

I am curious about what people are doing at each port e.g. private, DCL, on your own, etc? If you are interested, please post your port excursion itinerary.

I promise I am truly interested and this is not only a shameless attempt to get closer to my final forum post guess (99) :)

Oh! That's really cool! You wouldn't mind me having the same magnet as you?

Sayhello

Not at all. In fact, someone else on our cruise had Jordak make it for them and I "borrowed" it. :)

You can also go to the Cruise Magnet thread (link on the web site), find one you like and ask Jordak to customize it for you. He turns them around quickly. I asked him to make the one with the wine bottle and glass and he had it done the same day.

Weather update - showers in Barcelona through Saturday now. I REALLY hope they won't interfere with the sail away party. Disney is hands down the best at this. But sunny and 70's for Malta, Tunis, Naples, Rome!!! Maybe we won't have to pack as many sweaters as expected.

Not at all. In fact, someone else on our cruise had Jordak make it for them and I "borrowed" it. :)

You can also go to the Cruise Magnet thread (link on the web site), find one you like and ask Jordak to customize it for you. He turns them around quickly. I asked him to make the one with the wine bottle and glass and he had it done the same day.

That may have been me that you "borrowed" it from :thumbsup2 . Had Jordak make that one earlier last week. I've been in an FE and Magnet making frenzy this weekend. :banana:

I am as well, but more so because I don't want to pack and then not be able to go. Our flight from the US has been cancelled the past 2 days and so far for tonight it is delayed 2 hours. I did decide to just go ahead and pay for an extra bag so that I do not have to stress about the weight and if we buy too many souvenirs.

I've been checking on our Air France flight. The past 3 nights (tonight included) it has departed DTW on time but has not arrived in Paris until almost 2 hours later than scheduled (due to having to fly around the ash). If it continues like this, we will miss our connection to Barcelona (we are scheduled 90 minutes between flights). It looks like Air France has several later flights from CDG to BCN. If it looks like they will continue with the 2hr longer flight time--I'll see about changing our connection at the airport in Detroit. Just hoping we make it with luggage and all.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter