May Med Magic - May 15 2010 - Meet thread - Part 2

I actually just started a blog today on Wordpress. The reason why I picked Wordpress was because I was able to download the app to my blackberry. I am going to pay the 64.99 (which wil really end up being about half because I will only have it for 2 weeks) to add the international email and internet to my Verizon account. This way I can just type everything once and not have to repeat myself to multiple family members and friends.

I'm planning on doing a blog for my family and friends back home and set up an account through blogspot. The only thing that concerns me now is the most recent post from 5/5 cruiser's blog Mirsky Family. They are also using blogspot and she just wrote:

Any idea what that means?!:confused3

Sounds like you can't use blogspot, which is a bummer because that's why my blog is on. I can also blog using weebly, which is what the cruise web site is hosted on. Kaleigh from the 5/5 cruise, who did their web site is blogging on weebly. You might give it a try...you can set up a web page and blog for free and the tools on it make it really easy.

Wow! So jealous. I was planning a trip to Thailand last year but then cancelled for other adventures. Curious, is that Baltimore as in Maryland or the UK? Because I grew up in Baltimore, MD and it is going to be a huge disapointment after all the other travels you have done. :lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao:

Ha ha, it's Baltimore, Maryland. But it's for a family wedding, so I'm sure it'll be plenty exciting.

I'm planning on doing a blog for my family and friends back home and set up an account through blogspot. The only thing that concerns me now is the most recent post from 5/5 cruiser's blog Mirsky Family. They are also using blogspot and she just wrote:

Any idea what that means?!:confused3

Two things that I can think of. Blogspot has an option where you can post via email. That would certainly be the simplest, but you'd have to keep your format simple.

Another is setting up a proxy, so you connect to the proxy and the proxy connects to blogspot. That'll fool most blocks. We had to do that for one of our banks so we could access it while traveling, as it wouldn't allow connections outside of the USA.

i hope to see you all soon, and don't have problems with your airports........and the weather goes better and the sun start to shine again.

i can't find magnet paper to do some decorations for my room......i want the captain mickey ears!!!!!

Crap. Barcelona airport is closed. They *expect* it to re-open by tomorrow. Pleasepleasepleasepleaseplease! Currently, Madrid is still open, so if it stays that way, Iberia has said they will transport us from there to Barcelona. I'm SO SO glad I'm arriving the day before.

It's sad, if you look at that map from the BBC, it looks like the cloud is directly attacking Spain. :sad1: PLEASE let it recede!!!!

Sayhello

I'm with you please please please. We fly out on Tuesday - first to Madrid then to Barcelona.

:wizard:

I'm with you please please please. We fly out on Tuesday - first to Madrid then to Barcelona.

:wizard:

I don't leave until Thursday but I'm nervous!!! At least I planned to fly in a day early and have travel insurance just in case but I've planned so hard for this trip.

Good luck to everyone travelling this week!

Jill

I don't leave until Thursday but I'm nervous!!! At least I planned to fly in a day early and have travel insurance just in case but I've planned so hard for this trip.

Good luck to everyone travelling this week!

Jill

We don't leave until Thursday...and we don't have travel insurance for our flights, but do for the cruise. I'm going to think optimistically. :) pixiedust:

This is really making me crazy since we don't fly until friday... and hopefully get in the saturday morning.. I wish everyone good luck..be safe.. will see all on saturday on ship.
pooh

As of now I am not too worried about flights. We are flying continental out of newark and the flight left tonight and is on route for Barcelona. Think happy thoughts since it is so out of our control.

As of now I am not too worried about flights. We are flying continental out of newark and the flight left tonight and is on route for Barcelona. Think happy thoughts since it is so out of our control.

I think I may have asked you this already but I cant seem to remember...what day are you flying out? I am flying out of Newark on Thursday on Continental.

I think I may have asked you this already but I cant seem to remember...what day are you flying out? I am flying out of Newark on Thursday on Continental.

Yup, thursday here too (btw i dont think i have been asked unless i missed it..lol)

hoping bags make it and all only have 1hr 20 mins in newark (from orlando)

Yup, thursday here too (btw i dont think i have been asked unless i missed it..lol)

hoping bags make it and all only have 1hr 20 mins in newark (from orlando)

What time is your flight? Are you on the direct? We are on the 5:30 non direct flight.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter