• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

May is for Magic in Disneyworld!

KimbaLovesDisney

Earning My Ears
I have been wanting to go back to Disney for a while, and decided to just do it! Went on my honeymoon in October, and it was a freak cold spurt, people in winter coats in the parks, and torrential rains because of a Hurricane. So I was able to snag mid week flights for 89.00 each for DH and myself after all the taxes and fee's. Use a getaway trip to snag a deal at Marriott Grande Vista in Orlando for a crazy low price (less than a cheap strip motel), and the reviews of the MGV seem to be very good. DH and I will be brown bagging it at the park, but we will be in my Happy Place, and Im thrilled and cant wait. Still need park tickets and car rentals, but Im sure I can get great deals. Im so Happy! :banana:

My sister and I sort of just booked a last minute trip too!
It's so much fun to just be like, ya wanna go? OK! hahaha
We booked last month and now we only have a week and a half till out trip! Can't wait!

:cheer2:

You guys are so lucky to be able to book last minute like that. It is harder for me because I have 2 kids in school and their schedules are always hectic. I did one time book 3 months out, but normally it is 6-9 months out for us. Hope you both have a wonderful trip :goodvibes

Thank you so much! It is harder when you have little ones. When my kids were younger It took me much longer to plan and save. I asked my teenage boys to go, which would have ment a school vacation week, but they both said no.:confused3 (Shocking I agree!)

So, after months of trying to convince them I gave up, and then I decided to do it for me! I still have to get the park tickets, Im planning undercover tourist or AAA. UT has a better rate, but AAA gives you the Diamond parking pass. I have to find out if AAA rates include tax, or it may be cheaper to go UT and then EBAY the parking pass. Im still looking for my last four days a place to stay.

There is a deal via MouseSavers for the Doubletree in DTD area for 79.00 a night, but after 10.00 parking and Tax its really 90.00 a night. Im considering a mystery hotel on Hotwire, but would love suggestions if anyone has any!

Last minute seems to be the way for May. My father called from work the other day and said he had xxx amount of DVC point that had to be used by May's end. NASCAR two weekends in May and a birthday party only left the second week open. Short notice at its best!

Two weeks to go! It doesnt seem real, I somehow dont feel like I will really be in Disney in 2 weeks. Usually its a long planning process, with every detail thought out and planned. Which days at which parks and what restaurants...

Things had been flowing along very well, great deals on air fair and hotel stays. But I have hit a road block and Im not sure why. I have the last four days of my stay that I need to book a room, and have been unable to make a choice. Clarion, or Doubletree, or is there some other place we should stay? I got such wonderfull deals for the begining of our trip, that a 80.00 room seems a lot..which it really is not! And I cant seem to get past that step to plan out the rest of my details..

I need some Pixie dust...:surfweb:

After some stuff going on at home with the DH I was not sure this trip would happen, but decided Fairy Dust was just what I need in right now!

I finally booked the last three nights of our trip at Holiday Inn the Castle. It seems to have good reviews and a good location. So as a recap, first night May 11, we will be at the Holiday Inn LBV (that was 40.00 plus my reward points.) Then we will head over to Mariott Grande Vista that I booked via a time share getaway rate of 40.00 per night, and we will stay until Thursday the 19th, when we head to the Castle for our last 3 nights.

Thats a lot of moving around, but originally we planned just a week and extended it. My strategy is to really pack light for this trip. I always overpack! Im going to go for 1 pair of jeans and long sleaved top. 4 pairs of capri's and 4 tops. Pj's and Bathing suite. Good thing is the MGV has washing machines, so I really think that will be plenty.

I have a tentative plan for the days I will do each park, and want to do a day at Universal because Im a huge Harry Potter fan. I may not do the ride, as I cant get any real details as to what it entails and im a wimp with heights (no roller coasters for me!), but to walk through the HP Village is going to be fun.

My only regret is that I cant swing an AP, because even before I have made it there this time, Im already thinking about going back with my DS for a weekend.. woohoo! lol :hippie:

After some stuff going on at home with the DH I was not sure this trip would happen, but decided Fairy Dust was just what I need in right now!

I finally booked the last three nights of our trip at Holiday Inn the Castle. It seems to have good reviews and a good location. So as a recap, first night May 11, we will be at the Holiday Inn LBV (that was 40.00 plus my reward points.) Then we will head over to Mariott Grande Vista that I booked via a time share getaway rate of 40.00 per night, and we will stay until Thursday the 19th, when we head to the Castle for our last 3 nights.

Thats a lot of moving around, but originally we planned just a week and extended it. My strategy is to really pack light for this trip. I always overpack! Im going to go for 1 pair of jeans and long sleaved top. 4 pairs of capri's and 4 tops. Pj's and Bathing suite. Good thing is the MGV has washing machines, so I really think that will be plenty.

I have a tentative plan for the days I will do each park, and want to do a day at Universal because Im a huge Harry Potter fan. I may not do the ride, as I cant get any real details as to what it entails and im a wimp with heights (no roller coasters for me!), but to walk through the HP Village is going to be fun.

My only regret is that I cant swing an AP, because even before I have made it there this time, Im already thinking about going back with my DS for a weekend.. woohoo! lol :hippie:

I think we will be down the same time!

SIX , 6 oh wonderful s i x... feel like a little kid waiting for Christmas.

My plans are finished, last three days are booked at the Holiday Inn Castle, re-did the rent a car to a rate of just over 16.00 a day for midsize (before insurance) and my bag is packed.

I have a general Idea of the weather expected, what days I will do which parks. Decided to take the plunge on an AP for myself, and a regular pass for my DH who may be my soon to be DDH (Divorced Disney Husband!) :rotfl:

Nothing is going to spoil my Magic in May in my Happy Place.. so there!

But I find my self anxious that I havent planned well enough, that I may miss something important or not have my time budgeted well enough to get the most out of my Park times...wonder if anyone else ever feels this way???

Im glad im heading out mid week (wed) because the weekend goes by pretty fast and if I had to wait another week to go I think I would pee my pants!

Off to find out about the drinking around the world in Epcot? Sounds like it may be a great distraction! haha

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter