May I whine briefly? Cancelling trip . . . .

CindyIsMyFave

DIS Veteran
So . . . we were headed to WDW the first weekend in October for the Food & Wine half marathon, MNSSHP (1st time), the Food & Wine Festival (1st time), and our first stay at Poly in years.
But . . . I lost my job. So common sense will have to prevail. All we'll lose is my 100+ entry fee for the half marathon, since I can get the room deposit refunded and Southwest is so wonderful with their travel fund vouchers.
<sigh> Thanks for letting me vent.

So . . . we were headed to WDW the first weekend in October for the Food & Wine half marathon, MNSSHP (1st time), the Food & Wine Festival (1st time), and our first stay at Poly in years.
But . . . I lost my job. So common sense will have to prevail. All we'll lose is my 100+ entry fee for the half marathon, since I can get the room deposit refunded and Southwest is so wonderful with their travel fund vouchers.

Sorry to hear it. I hope you get a job and get back on your feet soon.

:sad2:

I'm so sorry! I hope you can reschedule ASAP. I would be so sad so I can definitely relate. HUGS TO YOU. :hug:

I'm so sorry. Is there a way you could possible stay at a value and watch your pennies in other ways so you can still go?

I say this because last year (a year ago today, to be exact), my husband lost his job. I was a SAHM and he was our only income and it was a total surprise. Needless to say, it had us reeling. We were floundering, to be honest. About a month later, we used his Hilton HHonors points to book 3 nights in Myrtle Beach. We watched every dollar we spent while away, but it was also nice just to get away from home and the job hunt and all the worry associated with it.

The four months he was unemployed were probably the most stressful in our 9 year marriage. Thinking about it makes me all panicky, but there's also that trip to the beach that I'll never forget.

GL to you, whatever you decide. I know how stressful a loss of a job is and I hope you find a new one quickly.

I'm sorry to hear about your change in plans and the loss fo your job....but you could always go to Disney and look for a job :thumbsup2

Sorry to hear about your job loss, we too are in the same boat. Glad to hear you are doing the responsible thing by cancelling.

I can attest to the uncertainty of job hunting. 10/08 the company I worked for anounced closure, the day i returned to work from 14d trip at WDW!. I was out of work 7mo and then got hired 3000mi away in CA. The company moved our family out and 9mo later closed the division that i was working in, so we had to move back to our house in MA. Been unemployed 8mo this time and still looking (although currently there is a hot iron in the fire).

Best wishes in your job search and a speedy return to WDW!

You're probably so tired of hearing this, but...
It all happened for a reason and everything will be okay.

After working for a fabulous company in awesome positions, my husband I both got laid off on the same day. I totally know how you guys feel right now. Looking back, it was the best thing that ever happened to us. He has a great job and I started my own business as a preschool teacher.

At the time, we had only been dating for about 9 months, so we weren't engaged. I now think that our time at that company was finished because we had been brought together, and it was now time to move on. Together.

Whatever you did as work, you fulfilled your purpose there and now you have the opportunity to set off on a new adventure.

D-World will happen when it is supposed to. I am so sad for you, but I know everything will work out for the best. It just wasn't your time to go.
:grouphug:

Bummer :(. You are doing the right thing {{hugs}}. I hope your job situation gets turned around soon.

:charac2:

just kidding! You aren't whining! You are describing my absolute worst Disney nightmare:scared1: I'm SO sorry to hear about your job and your cancelling a Poly trip:sad2: I hope you get back on your feet soon.

I'm so sorry to hear about your job situation. Disney will always be there so put that thought aside as disappointing as it is. I hope that you find something new fast!

I'm sorry! I just canceled our trip too so I know how much it totally stinks. Good luck finding a job and I hope that your next Disney vacation more than makes up for having to cancel this one.

Back in April, I was planning our biggest Disney trip ever for this August. On the Sat we upgraded to the Contemporary. On the Monday, DH lost his job. It is a heartbreaking experience to go through the job loss. Devasting.

With all the payments I made over the course of the last year, I was able to down grade to POFQ. The flight was paid by then too. So we decided to keep the trip. Six weeks after DH lost his job, he got a new one.

Sometimes it works out. Sometimes not. It's good to come to the Dis and share with those who can understand... and appreciate your love for Disney.

Hang in there!:flower3:

Well that sucks rocks.

Hopefully you'll find something new soon and can start planning your next trip.:grouphug:

Sending positive thoughts your way that a new job would be found. I have been laid off twice within the past two years. The first time I had another job in 3 months - actually got the job offer at Disney. The second time it took me a little longer - 4 months. So...there is hope. Stay positive and enjoy all of your family time together. :grouphug:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter