May I suggest Home Run Hotel?

WEDWDW

DIS Veteran
When I go to WDW I usually stay at All-Star Sports and I usually pay the preferred rate for Surf's Up.Last week when I went,I requested Home Run Hotel because it was the only section that had been refurbished.I am so glad i did!First of all,the refurbed room was GREAT!But besides that,the theme is carried out wonderfully-there are three story tall baseball bats and three story tall Coca Cola cups.There are grandstands and scoreboards.One of the buildings is for visitors and the other one is for the home team.Also Home Run Hotel has its own pool!:)It is the Grand Slam Pool and is themed like a baseball field.Also,one of the two laundries at All-Star Sports is right by the pool.Perhaps the best advantage I discovered for staying at Home Run Hotel was that it is almost the same distance to the All-Star Sports Bus Stops as it is to the All-Star Music Bus Stops.So,when returning from the parks,I could take the first bus to arrive-either All-Star Sports or All-Star Music.I used All-Star Music buses many times,while the All-Star Sports Guests would still be waiting for their bus as I was leaving.Many Guests do not know that if you are staying at any of the All-Star Resorts,you can use any of the pools at any of the three Resorts,refill your Resort mug at any of the three Food Courts,etc.Because I was so close to All-Star Music,I took advantage of this and spent a good amount of time at All-Star Music using the pools and just enjoying the atmosphere.I used the Surfboard Bay and Grand Slam Pools at All-Star Sports and the Calypso{Guitar} and Piano Pools at All-Star Music{as a side note-the same lifeguards work all the pools at all three Resorts-they rotate among the six pools}.It really felt like I was staying at one HUGE Resort.There is DEFINITELY more walking involved than staying at Surf's Up,but to me that was more than offset by a savings of almost one-hundred dollars and having two transportation options going to and from the parks.All in all,I think I hit a Home Run!:)

:thumbsup2 I agree, I visit the SISTER Hotels ALL the time when I am at Sports, its fun to do that!;)

:thumbsup2 I agree, I visit the SISTER Hotels ALL the time when I am at Sports, its fun to do that!;)

It was especially fun this past trip because of the new Activities Program being held daily at the Calypso Pool.:) It does seem as though the great majority of All-Star Resort Guests do not realize they have access to all three Resorts-they only use the pools,buses,food courts,etc. at "their" Resort.It was SO much more fun to "branch out".:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter