May I Have Your Signature?

Which Signature Restaurant?

• Narcoossee's

• Yachsman Steakhouse

Results are only viewable after voting.

bytheblood

DIS Veteran
I am having the hardest time choosing which Signature Dinner to choose. Please help us. We are trying to decide between Narcoossee's and Yachtsman Steakhouse. The menu looks good at both places and we like both locations.

The party is just 2 adults, me and my sister.

Please tell me which one you would choose and why! :flower3:

And thanks to all who provide input.

Well at one time it would be easy for me to pick, yachtsman. But they have changed the menu and taking off the Chateaubriand, so I would say it is a toss up on menu.

on service yachtsman wins to me.

on location, toss up both are beautiful with the view of the lagoon at Narcoosee's and the pool at the Yachtsman.

We find at least when we have gone for Yachtsman to be quieter of the two.

I think you will really enjoy either one.

Sammie, thanks for the feedback and opinions. I always value your thoughts on all subjects, so I appreciate your input on my dining. :)

I'd pick Narcoossee's, but you may not want to listen to me, as DH and I don't eat meat other than seafood, unless it's free range. So we would definitely not eat at Yachtsman!

Our Signature debate came down to Cali Grill, Narcoossee's, Jiko, and Flying Fish. He chose Jiko for the food and the location (his dream is to stay at AKL), I chose Narcoossee's for the prime fireworks viewing and because I've never been inside the GF.

We ate at both in March and I thought that Narcoossee's was much better than the Yachtsman. We had a window table at Narcoossee's that looked out at the castle - the view was incredible. Our server was very good and the food was excellent. Our food at the Yachtsman was ok but not as good as Narcoossee's.

Love Narcoossee's. Good food, great service, awesome view, nice atmosphere.

I vote Narcoossee's, especially if you have not eaten there before. Try to get an ADR so you can view the fireworks!

I ate at YSH in May because my friend wanted to go there for her birthday, and I was NOT impressed, at all. Our service was horrible; the waiter was very condescending and rude and we were very rushed.

I had a salad that was good, it had peaches in it, and the filet which was just blah. Not especially tender or juicy and it was not seasoned at all. I make better steaks at home. And it was really expensive. We eat at Ruth's Chris often enough to know how much an upscale steakhouse charges, but it was just not worth what we were charged.

I also was sitting under some sort of a tree which made me a little claustrophobic...

We've been to both and prefer the Yachtsmen. We thought the food was better and loved Ricardo. He's really great, I'm hoping to be at one of his tables next week!:thumbsup2 We like to stroll over to Epcot after a nice meal and enjoy Illuminations.

We've also been to both, and I believe I can speak for my entire family (7 adults) in saying that we would recommend Narcoossee's. YSH was good, but we weren't overly impressed. It was just...good. Narcoossee's WAS louder, but we enjoyed our meals very much; and there's nothing like watching Wishes from the deck!! Good luck with your decision.

We've never been to YS but we ate dinner at Narcoossee's last September & had the surf & turf...it was so awesome! The service was slower & more wonderful because we didn't feel rushed in any way at all...it was amazing.
our waitress let us sit a while before dessert to let our dinner settle in. We had coffee with dessert & were so excited when they brought out little french press pots for each of us!!! :cloud9: We are HUGE coffee drinkers & just loved that! The fireworks from the deck were completely amazing too!

I like both of these restaurants very much, and honestly I think Narcoosee's gets more very good reviews where Yachtsman gets excellent or just ok reviews because I think it really depends on who your server is.

We love Yachtsman but we have been going every year since the Yacht club opened in '90 and we always have the same server.

Either one will be a special outing and both are lovely.

I would never order anything at Yachtsman but steak though so if you are interested in something else, definitely Narcoosee's. I did not however care for Narcoossee's steak at all.

I also love Yachtsman bread with fresh baked garlic spread and their ceasar salads, yummy!

I loved the bread, butter, roasted garlic and seafood salad at Yatchsman, but that was all I liked. My strip steak was just OK, I didn't eat but a bite of my very dried out potatoes, and my dessert was just OK. I was dining solo and the waiter obviously resented that fact, barely speaking to me and then almost rude, bringing my entree before I was halfway through my appetizer, and bringing the bill with my dessert.:mad:

On the other hand I've dined twice at Narcoosee (once solo and once with family) and have received wonderful food and excellent service both times.

I vote Narcoossee's based on one factor alone.

I saw some really HORRIBLE locations for two person tables at Yatchsman Steakhouse. Narcoossee's didn't have that problem. Window seats were nicer than other tables, but overall, all the tables had about the same atmosphere.

Just read the other replies...

I have to second Ricardo at YS. He is an extremely attentive server. We had him when we ate there on our recent trip. I reviewed both of these restaurants in my dining report...if you are interested.

YACHTSMAN'S!!!!!!! I haven't eaten at Narcoossee's so can't help you there but we have eaten at YS 3 times and LOVE it.

How would you rate these restaurants as far as stars go? A three-star restaurant? I know that is a completely subjective question, but I am just wondering. It does not matter really, but I am curious. :)

I would vote Yachtsman, the steak there is lovely and has always cooked as asked. I did enjoy the food at Narcoossee's but found the atmosphere to be a little strange. Our server was not very attentive and treated us like a couple of kids, we are 33 and 35 and had taken the time to dress nicely. It did feel quite snobby in there with some guests looking down their noses at others.

Yachtsman has been great the 2 times we have eaten there. DH STILL raves about the tomato salad from there 3 years later. We are eating there again this year and if that isn't on the menu I think he will cry :rotfl2: I like my steak medium-well and they offered to butterfly my filet so it wasn't cremated before the middle was cooked, and it was yummy.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter