may have to cancel trip :(

northshoremama

DIS Veteran
i just recently found out that my dad has advanced colon cancer. :sad1: he and my mom still live in hawaii...and my sister and i (their only 2 children) are here in washington state (with our families - total of 4 grandchildren). i am going home to hawaii this weekend with dd2 to go to doctor appointments with my dad...but the ultimate plan to have my mom and dad come up here to be treated at seattle cancer care alliance. if things move quickly, then our DL trip (5/2 to 5/8) will need to be cancelled. we need to be here for him (to take him to appointments, to care for him, etc). my sister and her family will be going to WDW (5/2 to 5/12)...and since she didn't purchase trip insurance (and we did), she won't be cancelling her trip.

a part of me is sad that we may have to cancel...but i realize my dad's health is more important than a week at DL.

...so for those of you out there who pray, will you please include my dad in your prayers?

I'm so sorry to hear about your dad. Our family has had quite a few people with colon cancer, so I know what you are going through. Your family will be in our prayers.

Sorry to hear about your dad. You are right when you said your dad is more important than a trip to DL. How blessed he is to have a wonderful family around to help him. Prayers are on there way to your entire family.

I just read your post and send my prayers and thoughts with you. Having lost my dad this year I know what you are dealing with. If you have to cancel your trip the only good thing I can share is to treasure every extra moment you have. Priceless moments. I would give anything (even a disney trip) to have a few moments more.

Having said that.... my mom is a two time cancer survivor and had treatment here in Seattle as well. I think we are blessed to have such a wonderful medical community here in our backyard.

I pray that once your dad gets here the doctors will give him a positive treatment plan and still allow you freedom to travel.

I have an open ear if you ever need to vent more. In the meantime prayers and pixidust are headed your way!

Amy :flower3:

I'm so sorry to hear about your Dad!! I hope that he gets the care he needs. DL will be there when he is all better! :)

Prayers to you and your family...esp your father. He will get great treatments and care up in seattle. Disneyland isn't going anywhere. It's tough to cancel but in the long run you will be glad that you stayed with your dad I think.

We're praying for you and your dad! :hug: I know it can't be easy, but knowing others out there are praying will hopefully bring you encouragement.

I am so sorry to hear of your dad's health condition.
I read your post and was so drawn to it!!! I live in Hawaii (Oahu) and have family who now live in Seattle. Unfortunatley, I lost my Dad to colon cancer almost 6 years ago. He was also diagnosed with advanced (stage 4) cancer and was with us way longer than the doctors had expected. We had lots of time to enjoy together and really appreciate each other. I wish the best for you and your family.

i just recently found out that my dad has advanced colon cancer. :sad1: he and my mom still live in hawaii...and my sister and i (their only 2 children) are here in washington state (with our families - total of 4 grandchildren). i am going home to hawaii this weekend with dd2 to go to doctor appointments with my dad...but the ultimate plan to have my mom and dad come up here to be treated at seattle cancer care alliance. if things move quickly, then our DL trip (5/2 to 5/8) will need to be cancelled. we need to be here for him (to take him to appointments, to care for him, etc). my sister and her family will be going to WDW (5/2 to 5/12)...and since she didn't purchase trip insurance (and we did), she won't be cancelling her trip.

a part of me is sad that we may have to cancel...but i realize my dad's health is more important than a week at DL.

...so for those of you out there who pray, will you please include my dad in your prayers?

I hope your father gets well soon. Disneyland will always be there.

I will pray for your family, and if he does get well, it will be a manifold blessing because you can take him to DL!

My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. I went through the same kind of experience many years ago with my father and yes, ohana is most important. Do what you can, when you can. And when all is well that trip to DL will be such a wonderful, magical time. Hope your trip home to the islands is full of love and good times. :lovestruc

Unfortunately cancer runs in our family. I've lost a Grandmother and Grandfather. My prayers are with you and your family.

So sorry to hear about your dad!! will be in my prayers tonight. I went through colon cancer last year and after surgery and radiation I am free of any cancer now I still have one more 4 month check up to go and then I'll be free for only yearly check ups I am only 39 and had no history with cancer so I know it can strike anyone at any time...I got lucky in that I was only in very early stage, I was being checked for something else and they found it...... it is a scary time for all of you but get him through it then treat him to Disneyland....it helped me with recovery last April and helped me forget for just a little while what I was going through...again I will keep him in my prayers and good luck with everthing

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter