May have to cancel trip AGAIN!!!

luvgoing2disney

DIS Veteran
I just can't believe it. For the second time in three months we find ourselves with the very real possibility of having to cancel our trip that should begin tomorrow

In January we had plans to visit DLR for a couple of days prior to the start of a convention in Long Beach. An ice and snow storm hit the south and flights were cancelled. We made the convention but not DLR

So we changed plans and were going to celebrate our 29th anniversary (which is today) by having a 5 day trip. We are packed and so ready for the trip

Instead we are in the ER with our son who appears to have kidney stones. We are waiting now for some tests to come back to confirm. I have them so I know the pain he is having and most of the time it is a case of waiting for them to pass. Of course there is no question of us going even with him 21 years old

So it looks like a cancellation is a very real possibility.

The Disneyland Curse continues

Just a few months ago I had to call an ambulance for my 31 year old daughter who was screaming in pain from a kidney stone. I know what you are feeling. I am praying for your son and for you. Hopefully you will be able to re-plan your trip soon.

So sorry to hear! I suffered from gallstones for months and ended up having surgery just before my last Disneyland trip. Stones are HORRIBLE and I hope your son finds relief soon :(

We are home even though he has not passed it. The dr said it is perfectly round so should be easier to pass. He has some pain meds, flomax and is drinking lots of water to help pass it. Of course when they might be is anyone's guess.

DW told the dr of our plans and he actually encouraged us to go. He said our son could pass it tonight, one hour after our planes scheduled departure time, no one knows. Grandparents are here to assist if needed.

We have not entirely accepted that idea yet. We are making plans and completing the last little bit of packing in case he passes it tonight and there is no decision to make.

If you have a little extra pixie dust and especially prayers to send our way, we would appreciate it as we know the power in them.

So sorry that your family is going through this. Have you asked your son what his opinion is about you going? I bet he would feel pretty guilty about you canceling your trip, especially since there are other relatives around to care for him. But I know it would be hard to enjoy your vacation knowing your son is in pain.

No we have not asked him. I don't want to put any pressure on him especially so soon after leaving the ER. He is asleep and no pain right now. I just hope he can pass it soon and more HIS sake than ours

My hubby had surgery this past Thursday. Had a stone in the tube the size of a dime. Which was not going to pass. I hope your son is able to pass it so you all can enjoy your trip. Keeping him and you in my thoughts and prayers because I know it's painful and worrisome.

I just can't believe it. For the second time in three months we find ourselves with the very real possibility of having to cancel our trip that should begin tomorrow In January we had plans to visit DLR for a couple of days prior to the start of a convention in Long Beach. An ice and snow storm hit the south and flights were cancelled. We made the convention but not DLR So we changed plans and were going to celebrate our 29th anniversary (which is today) by having a 5 day trip. We are packed and so ready for the trip Instead we are in the ER with our son who appears to have kidney stones. We are waiting now for some tests to come back to confirm. I have them so I know the pain he is having and most of the time it is a case of waiting for them to pass. Of course there is no question of us going even with him 21 years old So it looks like a cancellation is a very real possibility. The Disneyland Curse continues

I had this same issue back in October. Within a day or so of surgery, I was up and moving and rearing to go. Would they be fitting him with a stent for a week or so?

If surgery is required I am sure the stent would be used. I had to "wear" one of those one, if that is the correct term

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter