• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

May Fun, Fun, Fun at the Boardwalk - Updated P.5 Going Home - The End

Today was a sad day, it was our last full day - tomorrow we were going home :(

This is a picture of the 3rd floor lift (oops, I mean elevator) area - everything about the Boardwalk is so pretty.

DSC01389-1.jpg

I was meeting some fellow Dis'ers today from the adult/solo board, they'd managed to persuade me they weren't all axe murderers so I wasn't too nervous ;) We were having breakfast at Crystal Palace, yum!

I was up early and caught the 'breakfast' bus at 7.15 am, which went directly from the Boardwalk to MK (nice surprise that it didn't stop at the Swan/Dolphin!), everyone was ready and waiting to be let in and there's something about being amongst the first guests to enter the park that is so special, I did of course have to take a photo of the castle

DSC01340-1.jpg

One thing I did notice compared to previous trips the character breakfasts were a lot less busy, when we were let into the park there was no more than 30 people waiting in line to enter, by the time we'd got into Crystal Palace, sat down, got up again to get to the buffet, and sat down again, the restaurant wasn't even half full.

I'm not sure if it's OK to post photos of the others, but I'll post one of myself and Lorna, she's Australian so I'm sure she'll be fine ;) I love Piglet but I must admit there's something a little strange about a nearly 40 year old loving a character that really is just another person inside a costume :confused3

DSC01341-2-1.jpg

We then spent a couple of hours wandering around the park, again lines were very low, in fact non existent!

Drama of the day was getting stuck on Splash Mountain - now, I'm can't prove that the guys had rigged this, but let's just say I had to be talked into going on this ride in the first place, getting stuck inside was my idea of hell! Anyway, after what seemed an enternity (it wasn't just 5 minutes) the ride started again, we go down that horrendous drop (never again!) and then get stuck outside again. I didn't think I was going to make it off that ride in one piece.

Stuck inside Splash!
DSC01351-3-1.jpg

After Splash we headed over to Big Thunder Mountain Railroad where we had a 5 minute wait - I'm telling you, this ride is getting bumpier and bumpier each time I ride it! Afterwards I was starting to feel the heat and tired again so I said my goodbyes to everyone as I was heading back to the Boardwalk for a rest, I stopped off at Pirates on the way out as it was showing a 5 minute wait, I didn't wait at all - I was on and off before you could shout Jack Sparrow!

After an hour or 2 rest I was semi-raring to go again so caught the boat into Epcot (I was feeling lazy) for a partial stroll around World Showcase, it was also nice and quiet (again).

DSC01364-2-1.jpg

DSC01356-1.jpg

Who do I bump into but my Mum and Dad! Mum really wanted to do Maelstrom as this was closed in 2007, thankfully it was open and after a quick 5 minute wait we riding the waves lol We didn't stay for the movie though I'm sorry to say.

We made our way back to the Inn to start packing, we'd taken 3 cases with us which we thought would be OK, we did manage to get everything packed (thankfully they were 'expanding' cases) but were a little worried about the weight - fingers crossed for tomorrow! We were having dinner at the Yachtsman with friends so took advantage of the offerings in the lounge as a pre-dinner appetiser - tonight's hot food offerings were from the ESPN Club, chilli and BBQ chicken wings - both were absolutely delicious. Overall I have been very impressed with the food offerings at the Boardwalk.

The lounge CMs had offered to check us all in online so at 7.30 pm armed with our etickets and passports I went back to the lounge where we were all checked in with no problem at all, in fact I was worried it was too easy, surely something would go wrong (it normally does when we fly!).

After checking in online we then walked around Crescent Lake to the Yacht Club for our dinner at the Yachtsman. On arrival we were surprised at how quiet it was, the last couple of times I'd eaten here it was very busy. I requested John (who is fantastic!) be our server but apparently he was off that night so our server would be Neil, who turned out to be equally as fantastic.

I did of course have to start the meal off with a Yachtsman Cosmopolitan:

DSC01379-1-1.jpg

A fantastic evening followed, unfortunately by the time our meal (and drinks) had finished it was late and I was just too tired to go onto JellyRolls where some of the Dis'ers were meeting up :( Another perfect day, just such a shame we're going home tomorrow :sad2:

I'm not sure if it's OK to post photos of the others, but I'll post one of myself and Lorna, she's Australian so I'm sure she'll be fine ;) I love Piglet but I must admit there's something a little strange about a nearly 40 year old loving a character that really is just another person inside a costume :confused3

What!?!?!?!? :scared1: They're people in costumes????

Thanks for posting an update. Don't mind us addicts. You work at your own pace and we promise not to bother you any more :rotfl:

The last day is always hard, but it sounds like you had a great time!

I can't believe you got stuck on Splash Mountain that much! The last time we rode (last summer) we got stuck behind a boat of teenagers that kept sticking their hands in the water and splashing each other while the ride was going, standing up in the boats, reaching their hands out and grabbing the platforms so their boat slowed down or sped up, etc... It was so annoying and we were totally shocked that they weren't reprimanded!! Aren't there cameras in there!?

Great first TR! I am in the midst of writing my first one too! Love the pics! I also really enjoy the UK. I used to travel to London for work and I really had such an amazing experience each time I went. People are super friendly and tons of fun!

THank you Clare for sharing such lovely photos! You really showed me some neat aspects of a trip - I am usually in such a GO MOVE IT mode, I don't take time to appreciate my resort, etc. I am really going to try to do that next week at BWI. Thanks again!

Great first TR! I am in the midst of writing my first one too! Love the pics! I also really enjoy the UK. I used to travel to London for work and I really had such an amazing experience each time I went. People are super friendly and tons of fun!

Thanks :) I'm glad you enjoyed the UK, we're not such a bad bunch ;)

THank you Clare for sharing such lovely photos! You really showed me some neat aspects of a trip - I am usually in such a GO MOVE IT mode, I don't take time to appreciate my resort, etc. I am really going to try to do that next week at BWI. Thanks again!

You must spend some time relaxing at the BWI, it really is a lovely resort. I'll be posting my last day very soon.

Urgh, today was THE day I'd been dreading, the day I was going home :sad1:

We were not rushing this morning so after a well deserved lie in we went down the club lounge for breakfast.

One last look at the lovely view my room:

DSC01180-1-1.jpg

The plan was to just head into Epcot for one last walk around World Showcase before lunch at the Rose & Crown. One of the wonderful CL CMs double checked the Virgin website which showed the flight still to be on time (made a change!).

It was another hot day but thankfully not as hot as the earlier few days, we strolled to International Gateway and into Epcot.

DSC01391-1.jpg

World Showcase was not fully open yet so I took some pictures whilst Mum & Dad grabbed a bench and relaxed for a while before walking to the Land to ride Living with the Land, we all love this ride and again was a walk on. By the time we'd come off the ride the Land was getting quite busy - there were a large number of school groups - so we went back outside and back to World Showcase where we stopped off in Canada and then spent some time looking at the flower exhibits.

DSC01393-1.jpg

Our lunch was booked for 12.30 so at 12.25 we went back over to Rose & Crown and were seated straight away on the upper patio overlooking the lake. I had been a little apprehensive about eating here, following a terrible meal in 2006 and many not so hot reviews, but I'm pleased to say we had a superb lunch here. The only disappointment was I had wanted the Shepherds Pie but it is no longer gluten free, the only item I could now have was the burger. However, the burger really was very good! Mum & Dad had fish and chips which looked and smelt delicious, both said the food was very very good. I would definitely go back here based on this latest meal.

DSC01395-1.jpg

It was with heavy hearts that we left Epcot for the walk back to the Boardwalk:

DSC01397-1.jpg

Back to the Boardwalk and up to the club lounge for some liquid refreshment and to say our goodbyes to the CMs, if you ever get the opportunity to stay club level at Disney, head to the Boardwalk Inn, the newly refurbished rooms are beautiful, certainly on a par with the Grand Floridian rooms, the food offerings are amongst the best offered and the cast members the friendliest and efficient you'll ever come across (can't you tell I'm biased lol).

At 3 pm our driver from Q.Silver arrived and we said our final goodbyes to the beautiful Boardwalk Inn:

DSC00445-1-1.jpg

45 minutes later we arrive at MCO, I opted for a skycap to take the cases, I was fine with my case but I didn't want Mum & Dad to have to lug their cases to check-in best $10 I've ever spent! The line for economy was huge (!), there was another long line for PE but no-one for UC. No sooner had we arrived at the line we were greeted by a Virgin representative who then walked us over to the UC check-in desk, these ladies were so cheerful it made me even more sad to be leaving Orlando.

A good (if somewhat bumpy!) ride back to the UK, I was in the same seat as I had flying out to Orlando - it's like someone else had kept it warm for me during the week ;)

Same photo as before as it's the same seat
DSC01085-1.jpg

We arrived back to a cool damp Gatwick airport - total contrast to MCO! But hey, I've only got another 17 months to wait until my next trip, I'd better start planning :woohoo:

This was a fabulous trip, everything was perfect and to anyone going to the BWI, have a wonderful time (I'm sure you will) :cheer2:

DSC01390-1.jpg

Thanks to everyone who has read my report, I hope you enjoyed it, and thank you to Nascargirl for helping make this trip so special.

Thanks Clare! LOVED that parting shot of the BWI over the water. I am using it as my screensaver! Thanks again for such a nice trip report! I will be there this time next week! :) BWI Club Level! Iwill report back to you on my room when I get home as you really helped me to verbalize what I was hoping/wanting. I will see how well I did

Oh no, it's over :sad2: I'm so glad you had such an amazing trip and a safe flight home!!

Scottmel: Have a great time! I'm going to live vicariously through you next week while my trip waiting time tick, tocks closer and closer. Don't forget to remember all the details, especially the food ;) and take LOTS of pictures :) :)

Thank you for all the great pictures! I'll try to take as many and post when I get back so you can relive! Although mine will be much messier since I am going with my kids.

My daughter was just looking over my shoulder at you on the plane and asked "why don't we sit up there" And I said "Because I have all of YOU with me!":rotfl2:

Thank you for a lovely trip report! Your mom is adorable.

SRUAlmn, when are u going in July? We are planning to arrive at the CL at BWI on July 8. I am so excited, especially after reading Clare"s TR:thumbsup2
I really enjoyed reading it.

SRU wouldn't happen to be Slippery Rock University would it?

Great TR! I had a fun time reading it. Looks like you had a blast. Gotta love the Boardwalk. That whole area is great :thumbsup2

Aww...I'm sad the trip is over :sad1: Thank you so much for sharing with us! And all the wonderful pics :lovestruc At least you have a trip to look forward to and we can't wait to read all about that one (17 mos away!! omg that seems like a long time but it will be here before you know it ;))

(I loved the shot of the Boardalk & Swan/Dolphin walking back from International Gateway - BWV is my favorite but definitely would love to stay at the Boardwalk Inn side esp in concierge!)

Thanks Clare! LOVED that parting shot of the BWI over the water. I am using it as my screensaver! Thanks again for such a nice trip report! I will be there this time next week! :) BWI Club Level! Iwill report back to you on my room when I get home as you really helped me to verbalize what I was hoping/wanting. I will see how well I did

I use it as my screensaver too - only trouble is it makes me 'home sick' :rolleyes::lmao:

Thanks everyone :goodvibes make sure you all post trip reports when you get back so I can get a Boardwalk fix :cool1:

Thank you for all the great pictures! I'll try to take as many and post when I get back so you can relive! Although mine will be much messier since I am going with my kids.

My daughter was just looking over my shoulder at you on the plane and asked "why don't we sit up there" And I said "Because I have all of YOU with me!":rotfl2:

Thank you for a lovely trip report! Your mom is adorable.

I just told my mum about your adorable comment - she said if only dad thought so too :rotfl:

LOL at your daughter

SRUAlmn, when are u going in July? We are planning to arrive at the CL at BWI on July 8. I am so excited, especially after reading Clare"s TR:thumbsup2
I really enjoyed reading it.

SRU wouldn't happen to be Slippery Rock University would it?

We're going from June 28-July 5, and YES it is SRU :) :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter