May be old news, but thought I'd mention it--AP Rate E-mail for all of 2011.

Well I can tell you I will surly be ticked off it this is actually a AP Pin offer going out to random AP holders. I mean WTH???

It is an AP pin, my son got it yesterday, It covers many of the same dates as regular AP rates. The advantage is that you know ahead of time and can go ahead and make reservations using the discount. Otherwise, we would have had to wait until just a couple of months before to know if the AP rate would apply during the time we were there and how much it would be. You could go ahead and book during times that there are typically AP rates offered, then when it is released have it applied to your ressie.
Oh, I am so not happy. :mad: I haven't gotten any of the PINs for non-AP or AP holders. And even if I did, it looks like my week is blocked off - but at least I'd like the option to change my dates!

OK, I'm over it. ;) I'll live with my AAA discount.

Thanks for sharing if those are the rates for all AP holders for next year that concretes our decision to buy AP's again, a couple of those date ranges fall in the time we will be visiting.

Thanks for sharing if those are the rates for all AP holders for next year that concretes our decision to buy AP's again, a couple of those date ranges fall in the time we will be visiting.

I can't say for sure that those are the usual AP rate days. I believe Mousesavers has a page that shows historic discounts, you might want to check there.

I got the email yesterday that says Passholders and has a pin code, but I'm not a passholder. It's not good for my dates anyway, mid June, but I'm wondering why I get a passholder one but never regular pin codes. I didn't even think passholders got special pins since they get special rates anyway.

What's odd is my sister got it in her email too, but when she follows the link to put a last name in, it doesn't like hers only mine. It's the exact same pin number too.

Got the e-mail the other night. We had a GP for our May trip at 35% off. I e-mailed my agent with the pin#. She got back to me yesterday with good news.

We originally had a AAA rate for May, when GP rates came out we changed to a GP rate and saved an additional $1200. Applied the new pin yesterday and saved another $750.00. Disney Magic before we even arrive. :cool1:

I received an email that says basically the same thing, but there is no PIN and no option to "Click Here" Almost like the bottom of my email has been chopped off.

As a result, Disney reservations are giving me a very hard time about the offer. Would anyone be willing to forward me their email? You can block out your family name and the PIN code, I don't need or want either of those. I just want to be sure I have received the same offer as everyone else. I also want to provide Disney reservations with both my email and an email from someone who received the full offer.

I feel like I am being cheated because they implied I am trying to scam them. Sheesh. I've only been to WDW 40+ times in the past 23 years AND have paid RACK rate numerous times. But yes, I'll scam them over a PIN offer :sad2:

I am not a passholder and received the same pin. I keep going back and forth between getting a ap pass or not. Are they not giving out better deals to passholders anymore?

Personally, I wouldn't get a pass to get the discount. We are Florida residents and make multiple trips when we have our passes. I have already used my pass 12 days and already have trips reserved for 8 more days on this pass. Florida Resident AP's cost less than the regular AP and we can pay for them by the month. (I'm sure WDW did this when FL Residents quit buying them because they got too expensive!):scared1:

The AP discounts are usually the last released, so GP, Visa, FL Res and PIN's all have access to resorts first. Sometimes you are unable to get the rate at the resort of your choosing or the room type. On our December trip we rented points from a DVC member, stayed 1 nite rack rate with the platinum plan at GF and 3 nites at WL in Deluxe room that we were unable to apply AP rate or Fl Resident rate because there were no rooms available with the discounts.

I have seen AP rates up to 42% off deluxe, but I have seen the same thing with PIN codes. Free Dining and Kids Play and Stay are good discounts available to the GP.

Basically, getting a reasonably priced trip requires the ability to travel at times when everyone else is not going. If you have school aged kids or you are a teacher:teacher: (like myself and my son) it can be complicated. It also requires the patience to work through different complex Math problems to find out which ones give you the best deal! Good Luck and I wish you lots of pixie dust to find the best deal for you!

Oh, I am so not happy. :mad: I haven't gotten any of the PINs for non-AP or AP holders. And even if I did, it looks like my week is blocked off - but at least I'd like the option to change my dates!

OK, I'm over it. ;) I'll live with my AAA discount.

What kind of AAA discount did you get? I never seem to do any better trying AAA. This is "Disney Month" for them and they offered a free gift and a $25 gift card, but no real room discounts.

We got the email yesterday. Was nothing on the system the day before. I held out hope they had added dates for end of July first of Aug but no luck. We can't change our dates because of DD's sports schedule. We are just getting through softball, going on the trip, then there are about 3 weeks of a break until volleyball practice starts.:sad2: Oh well, we'll pay rack rate again and just be glad we can.;)

And now I AM mad. I got a Passholders newsletter in my e-mail, with only the open AP discount on the site (good until April). I called to see if perhaps I had the AP PIN, and I didn't. :mad:

I don't think it's at all right that AP holders should be treated differently; the value of the AP shouldn't depend on whether you get a randomly generated PIN. All AP holders really should be treated the same.

I can understand sending PINs as a marketing tool to the general public, since you never know who'll book & who won't. But why do that to your best customers?

I don't mind not getting an AP discount. I just mind the randomness of it.

So I shot off an e-mail to guest relations. I'll let you know what they say.

What kind of AAA discount did you get? I never seem to do any better trying AAA. This is "Disney Month" for them and they offered a free gift and a $25 gift card, but no real room discounts.

I got 15% off a moderate.

Here's what the brochure says:
Value resorts, all seasons except holiday: 10% off; nothing during holiday

Moderate resorts, value season: 20%
Moderate resorts, regular season: 15%
Moderate resorts, fall season: 15%
Moderate resorts, peak & summer: 10%

Deluxes except Yacht Club and Boardwalk, value season: 15%
Deluxes except YC & BW, other seasons except holiday: 10%
Yacht Club & Boardwalk, value season: 20%
YC & BW, other searson except holiday: 15%

Deluxe villas except SSR & OKW, value, regular & fall seasons: 20%
Deluxe villas except SSR & OKW, peak & summer seasons: 10%
SSR & OKW, value, regular & fall seasons: 25%
SSR & OKW, peak & summer seasons: 15%

My secretary, who is not an ap holder and has not been to WDW for 3 years, got a pin code today with exactly the same deal that my son got. I went back and looked at my email and it WAS NOT an ap PIN. My son's did mention something about ap's, but did not look like it was expressly for ap holders.

And now I AM mad. I got a Passholders newsletter in my e-mail, with only the open AP discount on the site (good until April). I called to see if perhaps I had the AP PIN, and I didn't. :mad:

Well, at least you got a Passholder email. I've checked over and over to make sure we're set to get emails from them and nothing. Passholders for five years, go three or four times a year, and nothing. Really makes me mad. Can't seem to send the Mickey Monitor either, only sporadically. Seems a company as big as Disney could handle a mailing list. But they don't seem to be able to. Frustrating.

I don't think it's at all right that AP holders should be treated differently; the value of the AP shouldn't depend on whether you get a randomly generated PIN. All AP holders really should be treated the same.

I can understand sending PINs as a marketing tool to the general public, since you never know who'll book & who won't. But why do that to your best customers?

I don't mind not getting an AP discount. I just mind the randomness of it.

So I shot off an e-mail to guest relations. I'll let you know what they say.

OK, an update. I did get a response saying they were sorry that I was disappointed with the AP discounts, that they take my comments seriously, and have passed my comments on to the appropriate departments. I replied that I was not disappointed in the general AP discounts, but only in the AP PINs.

I doubt that I will hear anything more. I wondered briefly if I would get the AP PIN after sending the e-mail. I didn't.

So my sisters family and ours always go together on our Disney trips. We're all passholders, and literally have the exact same travel history for the last 10 years. We even have the same buy/renew dates on our APs year after year. She got the email with the passholders pin code and i didn't. So as of now, for us both to go together in the fall we'll pay 40% more than she does for the same trip. It may be the first time in 10 years that we don't go. We're moderate or deluxe hotel stayers; will i really have to pay $6000 to her $3600 for the same hotel stay????? What the heck?

For those who didn't get the email but have APs, when I called last week to inquire about PINs, the CM at CRO did say that there are AP rates available for select dates through late December. The dates seemed to be the same as those listed above. Basically, this offer is available whether you get the email or not. I didn't get the email but I was eligible for the rates anyway as an AP holder.

For those who didn't get the email but have APs, when I called last week to inquire about PINs, the CM at CRO did say that there are AP rates available for select dates through late December. The dates seemed to be the same as those listed above. Basically, this offer is available whether you get the email or not. I didn't get the email but I was eligible for the rates anyway as an AP holder.
I guess I'll have to call again - I tried before and the CM said no.

I was told no yesterday, it was only bookable with an AP pin code that came in the email and was nontransferable. Called again just a minute ago after seeing your email and as told no again, not eligible without a pin code. Consider yourself super lucky if they gave it to you!!

I was told no yesterday, it was only bookable with an AP pin code that came in the email and was nontransferable. Called again just a minute ago after seeing your email and as told no again, not eligible without a pin code. Consider yourself super lucky if they gave it to you!!

Just for kicks, I would try again on a weekday. The weekend call center help is not very reliable. I think you will probably get the same answer, but you never know. Based on multiple bad experiences, I finally learned to NEVER call on the weekend for any reason!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter