May attendance

I doubt either week will have low crowds, but the first week should be better. There was a recent poll on which week in May people were planning to go, and the week of May 8 got the most responses by far.

We rolled the dice on the first week of May last year. I think the calendars predicted mostly 5s and 6s. To be honest, it was more like 7s and maybe 8s but it was still very manageable. We'd chose the first week assuming that the further into May, the more kids would be out of school.

Last week in April is Easter week and probably one of the most crowded times of year.

I am going the 3rd thru the 9th of May. I only expect the weekend to be crowded. Mothers Day is the 8th

We do the first week in May often and last year was nuts!!!! I think they had offered a dining package and everyone seemed to jump on it. The years past it was GREAT! I noticed they just released new pin codes for that time so I am expecting it will be busy this year too!

May last year WAS nuts, wasn't it? We had gone in early May before and had low crowds, so it was strange for us. We went for my DD's bday and it was more crowded than I had *ever* seen it. I felt so horrible for her on her birthday (a Saturday) because you could barely move and we didn't get to do really anything.

Earlier in the week was better, but we hopped out of HS twice because the crowds were oppressive. Never go glad to have the WDW Wait Times app on the phone!!

We went May last year, also. Before when we Disneyed in May, it was fabulous. I think it may be attributed to the BP oil spill, with more people avoiding the beaches. Hopefully, this year will be lower crowds.

The differences between those two weeks would probably be too minute for you to be affected.

You're looking at moderate to moderate high. Nothing too bad.

I agree that you will probably not notice much of a difference between the two weeks. We usually go in May and have been both of those weeks. Last year, we went the last week of April/first week of May (Easter was earlier), and some days we walked on rides and others the park was packed. As long as you have a good plan and utilize fast pass, you will be fine. We have always gone in May, but due to commitments this year, we are trying September for the first time.

I'll be there 2nd week of May. TP's predicting our highest crowd day to be a 5.4 and our lowest 0.9. I'm expecting moderate-ish crowds, not deserted, but easy enough to get a lot done.

In my experience, the late Easter dynamic changes things a lot -- there should be a mass exodus after that last weekend of April. A lot of parents feel the kids pretty much have to be back in school the week after a long break, particularly a few weeks before HS exams.

Plus, in many parts of the country the standardized testing for elementary kids is done that first week of May. Judging by the relatively cheap airfare and the hotel deals/bonnet creek prices i'm getting, it should be nice at the parks that first and second week of May.

Fear not, it will be gorgeous weather and good times either way. :lovestruc

we went last year, the day after Mother's Day and the parks weren't crowded at all. We went to EPCOT on Monday, and MK on Tuesday...litterally walked onto every ride we wanted with no wait.....MK did get busy later in the day and it was bad getting out after the fireworks

I'm glad to hear some of the reports are possitive....we are going in May this year too (5/5-5/14) and was a little nervous about the crowd levels...we are used to going in September where crowds seem to be nonexistent. However, like the PP mentioned, since Easter is really late this year, I am guessing that not many families will be pulling their kids out of school in May. I am excited to be going this time of year, I have had friends go at this time and they rave about it :goodvibes

This will be the earliest that we have gone. We have never had a real problem with May crowds. We had to go 1 year in March during Spring Break. Never again. That was the worst time with crowds I have ever had at Disney.

I don't think there is much difference between the 2 weeks. Crowds did get pretty bad at times, however still very managable. It also got very hot on most of the days.

I must say, I'm a little nervous. I haven't been in May in a few years and this year we are taking a short trip May 19-22. The numbers on TP were decent which is why I chose that week - I'm going with my son and my mom - yikes!

Maybe its because I am used to June and July, but when I was there last year May was like a dream to me. The first two weeks didnt seem bad at all with very little wait times and easy movement around the parks.

I think either week will be good. We will be there the first week and from almost eveything I've read crowds should be very manageable.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter