May 7th, 2023 - 13-Night Eastbound Transatlantic Cruise from Miami (Ponta Delgada (Azores), Lisbon, Cádiz, Málaga, Cartagena)

Happy New year everybody! We added my daughter's BF to the list. The airport parking was full, so we are parking offsite with AirportParkingreservations.com at the Marriott Miami Airport. Your idea of dropping off the crew and parking has proven to be the best method for us. Did it in Vancouver for one of the Alaska cruises. The transfer from the airport to the port is arranged for pickup near the American Airlines baggage claim, from what I have read.
We were able to book all the activities we wanted, by staying up until midnight to do it. No one wanted to be a BeeKeeper for a day. :sad2:
We are really getting sparked up!

ETIAS??? What is that, please!?
Hi. Currently, U.S. citizens can freely enter the Schengen Zone (an area of 26 countries covering much of Europe) for up to 90 days for business and/or tourism purposes. End of 2023, all U.S. citizens traveling to the 26 Schengen Zone countries will need to register with ETIAS or will risk being denied entry. It stands for...
European Travel Information and Authorisation System.
We do not need to worry about this...traveling Nov. 2023 and beyond, you will.

I called DCL to find out if they had the dinner attire schedules.

Day 2:Formal
Day 6: pirate
Day 9: Semi formal

Last edited:
We just booked and are really excited for our first TA. Trying to solidify our post cruise plans- thinking we will spend the night in Barcelona and fly out on 5/21. Any suggestions on a Hotel to stay at in Barcelona?

One other question about exchanging USD for Euros on the ship.... can they offer a fair/good exchange rate? Or should we exchange at a home bank?

Thanks again!

Marcy
I exchanged dollars to Euros on board (guest services) and got a good rate (much better than my bank at home!).

Tip: keep the receipt they’ll give you. if you have Euros you want to swap back to dollars at the end of the cruise, take the receipt with you to guest services with your Euros and they will use the same rate as your original swap which means you won’t lose anything in the second swap. BTW they won’t take back coins, only paper.

Question about exchanging USD for Euros on the ship.... can they offer a fair/good exchange rate? Or should we exchange at a home bank?
Pro Tip: Keep some Euros when you return home. That way you will have a small supply to start your next trip to Europe without having to find an ATM right away or pay high fees to your bank at home to exchange your currency.

Euro Tip #2: lots of places in Europe make you pay to use the restroom, so always have some coins with you when you are out touring.

We just booked and are really excited for our first TA. Trying to solidify our post cruise plans- thinking we will spend the night in Barcelona and fly out on 5/21. Any suggestions on a Hotel to stay at in Barcelona?
Kinda depends upon what you want to do?

But I don't think you can go wrong finding a hotel in the Placa Catalunya area. It's in the middle of everything with lots of transportation options. If you want a beach day - then the Barceloneta area. La Sagrada Familia - then the Eixample district.

as a note: FC Barcelona has a home match on May 21 if you are interested in soccer and are willing to spend 2 nights in Barcelona.

Hi! This is the second time we will be going on the EBTA...I just can't wait!! We chose our hotel because of the convenience this time...daring to go with a La Ramblas location but...Oriente Atiram is where we'll be this time. 2 nights, $370. There are plenty to choose from both higher and lower in cost. Figured we won't be there too often anyway! Good luck to you! And BTW...I just want to scream with excitement...and this is the only venue to do it with all my fave disney fans!!! Lol :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter