• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

~May 7, 2011~ 7-night Eastern Caribbean Cruise on the Magic!

Welcome aboard maggieb!!

I'm so glad there is a lot of kids same age as mine....what a wonderful group to play with :)

Welcome aboard! That's so exciting! I can't wait for this trip :cloud9:

ETA: I never did make it to Old Navy today :rolleyes: but I did get a *free* travel size perfume for the cruise with a coupon at Bath & Body Works! Every little bit helps!

ohh...and i was waiting to see what a wonderful dress you bought :):):):)

I need to find something for myself too.....

yay...look how nicely our group is growing!!!

Welcome aboard mommywa!!!

Welcome aboard! That's so exciting! I can't wait for this trip :cloud9:

ETA: I never did make it to Old Navy today :rolleyes: but I did get a *free* travel size perfume for the cruise with a coupon at Bath & Body Works! Every little bit helps!

Very nice!! Did you know you can go down to the duty free shop and sample their perfumes?

Thats great to know. Since it's ours first DCL cruise I have no idea who some things work. I'm sure my kids will enjoy clubs better then sitting at the dinner for 2 or more hours.

So when you mention to the waiter that kids are going to the club, they call people from the club? That sounds great, specially if they get dinner right away without waiting too long.

Just let your server know. I don't think they call, the clubs just automatically make the rounds each evening. Ask the server what time they usually come, this way you can also keep an eye on the entryway for when they show up. Sometimes your server might be busy and won't be able to come to your table to let you know they are there. If I remember correctly it was about 9:00.

Welcome aboard Mommywa and Maggieb.

The updated list for the FE exchange is:

MinnieMeg (2) 2 adults

Whiskey in a Vase (7) 2 adults, DD 7, DS 3, + 3 adults

Dianatlol (3) 2 adults, DD 10 Will your MIL & FIL be interested in the FE?

MickeyManiacMom (4) 2 adults, DD 9, DS 7

Bibbidibobbidiboo07 (4) 2 adults, DD 4, DS 8mos.

Krispykreme97 (4) 2 adults, DD 9, DD 2

Lexa (4) 2 adults, DS7, DD6

FLUFFYCAT (40) 2 adults, DS11, DS 7

Is anyone else interested? We have decided on a cutoff date of April 23, 2011.

Please remember there is a meet planned for all DISers on May 7th at 3:00 pm in the Promenade Lounge on deck 3 aft.:dance3:

They make bags that roll out the air to be used for packing suitcases. No vaccuum needed. They work well but everything gets wrinkled.

Thank You for all the Welcome's!!!!:thumbsup2

You know.....I'm wondering if Disney does anything special for Mother's Day??

Welcome aboard Mommywa and Maggieb.

The updated list for the FE exchange is:

MinnieMeg (2) 2 adults

Is anyone else interested? We have decided on a cutoff date of April 23, 2011.

Please remember there is a meet planned for all DISers on May 7th at 3:00 pm in the Promenade Lounge on deck 3 aft.:dance3:

You forgot to add me to the list :)

MinnieMeg (2) 2 adults

Lexa (4) 2 adults, DS7, DD 6

Well planning is going on, can't book anything till the 75 day marker but thing are coming together nicely...:cool1:

Just about to order my FE once my daughter can finally decide what she wants it to look like...:confused3

Is anyone else arranging for the pillow cases to be signed by all the characters
on board? :thumbsup2

I have also seen lots of threads on decorating the doors? Although I am not planning on going overboard, I will be doing something for the doors. :dance3:

Any body else thinking of doing any of the above? :confused3

Not long now.....:banana: :rotfl2: :thumbsup2 :cool1:

Is anyone else arranging for the pillow cases to be signed by all the characters

I'm not but I brought a photo mat on our last cruise. I just had it in a bag with the markers I wanted them to use and a few bags of candy. Just dropped it off at guest services the first evening and it reappeared in my stateroom before the cruise ended.

I don't think I got my markers back so I don't recommend dropping off any that you're really attached to. It was really painless and a great souvenir.

Good Morning everyone. :wave:

Well, it's freezing here. :cold:I woke up this morning ready to be sitting poolside with a fruity cocktail in one hand and my Nook in the other. :cloud9:

I realized that none of us really told anyone anything about ourselves yet, so I'll start. :goodvibes

I'm Heather, I'm 27 years old and will be turning 28 in St Thomas on May 11th! I'm married to Bob, who will be 26 when we sail. We'll be married for 3 years on May 3rd and we live about 15 minutes south of downtown Pittsburgh. (My poor Steelers... :sad:)

We have no kids ... yet.... not sure when/if that's happening. We LOVE Disney, as I'm sure everyone here does :wizard: and we went there for our honeymoon in May 2008, 1st Anniversary in 2009 :lovestrucand then again in September 2010. We decided to take a break from the parks for a while, either a year or two or until we have kids and can take them, Whichever comes first. :thumbsup2

Well planning is going on, can't book anything till the 75 day marker but thing are coming together nicely...:cool1:

Just about to order my FE once my daughter can finally decide what she wants it to look like...:confused3

I have also seen lots of threads on decorating the doors? Although I am not planning on going overboard, I will be doing something for the doors. :dance3:

Any body else thinking of doing any of the above? :confused3

Not long now.....:banana: :rotfl2: :thumbsup2 :cool1:

We are definitely decorating our door, but I'm not sure to what extent yet. I'm really excited to do this, I have been checking out some of the threads about how to make the Mickey ears for above your door. I want to make at least one set, but not sure where to start. Everyone makes it sound like this is so easy, but we'll see. I'm not the best with computers. I do have a bunch of Disney related magnets that we have picked up in our trips, so they will be coming with us!

We are not doing pillow cases, because it's just the 2 of us, and as far as the FE - we're still up in the air about it.... but probably not.

I just ordered FE three days ago.....then I was thinking about pillow case and at the end decided we will go with photo mat.

I have all my graphics together for doors, but I didn't print them out yet. I need peace and quiet but kids are having Snow day after snow day...so I might work on magnets more next week.

I need to wait till 75 day marker too :)

You forgot to add me to the list :)

Sorry Lexa, all fixed. I copied it from an older list.

I still have to request and/or create the decorations for our door. We found they were really helpful for identifying our door in an "unending" row of similiar doors.

Hi everyone.:goodvibes Sorry I have not been on this board in awhile. My family would love to do the fish extenders. Please add us to the list. This is our third Disney cruise and we have always done the FE. My kids say it is one of their favorite things to do. :woohoo: My family is Darlene Mikolajczyk ( Me) 43 years, Mark Mikolajczyk (husband) 48 years, Kyle Mikolajczyk (son) 11 years and Colton Mikolajczyk(son) 7 years. My oldest son is in college and will not be able to come. We are from Mahwah, New Jersey and are driving down to the Port. Can anyone recommend a family beach to go to in St. Maarten? I look forward to meeting everyone. :dance3:

OK, what is the whole FE thing about???:confused: This is my 3rd cruise, but have no idea what you are talking about? Is everyone making them to exchange :confused3. Sorry :goodvibes
Thanks

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter