~May 7, 2011~ 7-night Eastern Caribbean Cruise on the Magic!

Wow. It appears that I killed this thread!:faint: So sorry about that.

Well, just to let you all know, we are FOR SURE going to be on this cruise. "Turning 7 on the 7th for 7 days!!" Can't wait.

Feel free to share any advice with me regarding questions from above. Right now I plan on waiting until FL Resident rates are released, and see what I can get with those. But we are FOR SURE regardless.

"Y'all come back now, ya hear."

I missed your initial post-sorry! Not that I will be any help...First Congratulations on your almost here adoption! About economical ... I think that is the opposite of DCL. Visit the boards loads and make sure you have a savvy Travel Agent to watch for future pins. This will be my first cruise so I am not much help I'm afraid.

Canabits-I know I feel the same way...I will spend a few days frantically scouring the dis and reading the little cruise book. Then I realize how far away it is and make myself put it away. WDW I plan fanatically so I want to do that with the DCL but there is so much less for me to do....sigh...Here is a little Disney magic so we can just hurry it up a bit!:wizard:

Hello Everyone! My family will be joining you all on this cruise, I am just waiting for Dreams Unlimited to get back to me. This will be our 4th Disney Cruise and it will be me, dh, dd who will be 5 and ds who will be 3.

Looking forward to meeting everyone!

Michelle

Hi Y'all:wave2:

I haven't booked yet, but I have contacted a travel agency and talked about the cruise with my DH.
We have sailed twice before, last year we did a 7 day Western on the Magic.

My twin boys turn 7 on the 7th, 2011, so I thought it would be a nice birthday gift for them. This summer, we are adopting a little girl from China who will be 6 when we sail. So, now I have to think as a family of 5, instead of family of 4.

I would love some advice on doing this economically. I have always had a verandah (I know...SPOILED), so we could do the Family Suite (but the cost!:scared1:). Last time we sailed we were upgraded to the FS, but I can't book a family of 5 into a standard verandah room. I also considered bringing my mother, and having 4 in a room and then one of the kids with her.

I don't have to have a verandah room. How have people got the best deal on the rooms? Would you care to share? Any advice for me about connecting rooms, etc. We are FL residents. What if I book now, and FL resident rates come out later? Do I get reimbursed, if I am paying higher now? Should I wait to book, until they put out FL resident rates?

I'm sorry for so many questions, considering I am not really a newbie. But when I priced this cruise, it just seemed so much higher than I have paid in the past.

I know I am going, one way or another.... so I can't wait to meet y'all.

First let me say welcome back to DCL. This will be our 3rd cruise. We did the magic also, last May on the 7 night western. We have noticed that the prices were a little higher for this cruise. We thought it was just because we were going a little further.:confused3. We are also FL residents. We have called DCL customer service we were told that discounts can come out 6 months to 6 days before the cruise. We were also told that we will be reimbursed If we make the final payment before the discounts are out. As far as making it economical...humm...I have to say we are a family of 4 and stay in a porthole room. We also dont let the kids go near the arcade.:) We have all types of gaming systems at home. That always saves a couple of bucks.:thumbsup2 We actually bring all our snorkel gear from home instead of renting it. We like to enjoy the spa. So instead of doing a massage we did the rosul it was a little cheaper and a lot of fun with your significant other;). Bring your own decorations for the boys birthday and decorate the stateroom. We told the counselers at the oceanseers lab about our sons birthday and they decorated our stateroom door with streamers and balloons and also took a picture of him in the lab and put those on our door. Just a little extra touch that made it more special. If you like your wine they have a package you can purchase for a fee. Little things do go a long way. Good luck!:cool1:

.....We have called DCL customer service we were told that discounts can come out 6 months to 6 days before the cruise. We were also told that we will be reimbursed If we make the final payment before the discounts are out. As far as making it economical...humm...I have to say we are a family of 4 and stay in a porthole room.....

Hi Ottermouse :wave2:

Based on what you said above, yes, I agreed with all of those things. BUT, recently I had a TA tell me that I would not get reimbursed if I ended up paying it all before the FL resident discounts (FRD) came out. That Disney used to do it that way, but has since changed its policy.

That's just what I was told, I can't swear it is true, but that is the reason I haven't booked anything yet, b/c I don't want to pay for it all and then find out FRD were released.

Maybe someone knows, if indeed, this is a new policy of Disney...?:confused3

My wife, son (age 7), daughter (age 4), Bro-in-Law, Sis-in-law and their daughter (Age 1) will be on this trip. We have only done one DCL trip before, a 4 night Bahamas jaunt in Jan 2006. We are doing 6 nights at WDW before. This is my first post on this board, but have been reading all the tips for weeks. There is some great information here. Keep the tips coming.

Hi everyone!! We put a deposit on this cruise while we were onboard the 5/15 Med cruise!!! I can't wait!! We are planning on going to WDW after the cruise, but not 100% sure as to how many days (3 - 5) we should go to WDW.

Hey AddictedtoMickey, we're in Antigonish, glad to know more Nova Scotians will be there. If this is your 3rd cruise, we're open to any and all tips and tricks! :)

Hi Canabrits2,

I've been travelling quite a bit with work lately so I haven't been on here in awhile. Now that it's less than a year, things should really pick up.

This will be our first cruise with fellow Nova Scotians!

My wife, son (age 7), daughter (age 4), Bro-in-Law, Sis-in-law and their daughter (Age 1) will be on this trip. We have only done one DCL trip before, a 4 night Bahamas jaunt in Jan 2006. We are doing 6 nights at WDW before. This is my first post on this board, but have been reading all the tips for weeks. There is some great information here. Keep the tips coming.

I set our trip to WDW on the 1st as well. We were going to arrive on the 3rd but when I set up our trip I changed it and surprised us all. We will be staying in 2 Treehouse villas. I was going to try the old creative resies technique by getting it a few days ahead then dropping a day and adding a day up to the date you want. Well when I did it I just added the days on the end right away. I didn't think I would get them but I got lucky enough and thought I may never stay in them again so what the heck!

I just hope we're not too tired by the time the cruise comes.

One thing, I saw magnets on doors. Can I have a brief explanation on haw you do it?

One thing, I saw magnets on doors. Can I have a brief explanation on haw you do it?[/QUOTE]

I stole this from another thread, but it has a lot of helpful tips. I've done a lot of these, so if I can help, let me know.

Addicted to Mickey

REMEMBER – These designs are FREE and they cannot be SOLD or used for profit in ANY way whatsoever!!!!

Here are the links to the last three threads.

Part One: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1523226
Part Two: http://www.disboards.com/showthread....47014&page=255
Part Three: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2299290

If you are looking for the ears to go over the number on your stateroom door check out this thread for some awesome creations:
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2172891

If you want to see how others decorate their door, or if you want to post your pics check out this thread:
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2281626

FAQ:

Q: How do I print them, they are grainy?
A: If the picture is a thumbnail, you need to click on that. It will take you to the photo hosting site of the DISigner.
Once you are there, click on it again (for photobucket) or the click to enlarge box (4shared) to expand the DISign to it's full size.
You can then right click and save it at it's best quality.

Q: Where do I find these DISigns and how do I get one made for me?
A: Check out the signatures of some of the DISigners. They have links to their shared sites that you can look through. If you see something you would like to have, post a request with the one you would like and what you want on it. If you don't see what you had in mind, describe what you would like and hopefully someone can find a pic for you or make a new DISign.

Q: I would like to share. How do I post them from my computer to here?
A: There are many free image hosting sites you can sign up with. Try ImageShack, Photobucket, Flickr, 4shared. Once you sign up
you can upload your pictures and then post the url from there to your post on here. New pics and Ideas are always welcome and encouraged!
If you just want to share, but don't have time to help personalize, just say so in your post.

Hello everyone. I know this thread isn't very active yet but I wanted to let everyone know that we have changed dates. I have a SPH room reserved for this cruise (#5524) that I am planning on canceling tomorrow if anyone is interested.

Thanks AddictedtoMickey. I'm already preparing my pictures. I will also make a "Dis" magnet to put up so if you happen by, say hello! That is if we are in our room that is. I don't see that being too often I hope. What a time we will have!:banana:

Dan

Finally booked!

This will be my husband and I's third cruise, but the first one with our kiddos. They are beyond the moon excited about it! (And so are we!)

My daughter will be 9 and my son will be 7 when we cruise.

My husband's best friend has decided he is booking a room, after hearing our stories about how great the cruise is. And now I think we were so excited about it that we may have convinced my BIL and his family and my MIL and her husband to join us as well. Forget it - we're taking over the ship. :rotfl2: I figure the more, the merrier.

Hubby and his best friend are looking at the scuba excursion on St. Thomas. Anyone done that before? The kids and I are just looking forward to soaking up the magic.

Just popping in to see how it goes and can't help but notice a trend or two! Loads of kids 7-9 yrs old and lots of family groups with multiple rooms on this cruise! I am getting more and more excited:goodvibes!

Just booked this today!!!!!! So excited! We have been on the Western before but not the Eastern! There will be 8 of us all together (parents, in laws, my DH, DD 6 and DD 5).We can't wait!:grouphug:

Only just found this thread, we booked this cruise in June. Our first cruise so very excited, as well as being slightly nervous as I have no idea what to expect. There will be myself 37, DW, 36, DD 7, DS 3, plus the in laws and BIL.

Really looking forward, we have booked an inside stateroom, due to costs as we are having 10 days in a villa first.

Any advise would be appreciated.

Cheers

Neil

Welcome!

Our DD will be 7 at time of the cruise and it looks like there are a few playmates on the thread already. :)

We're staying the week before the cruise too but at CBR. It seems so far away.

We'll also be staying the week before the cruise at WDW . We will be at BWV.

Near the beginning of the thread, I volunteered to organize the FE exchange. I know it is a bit early, but is anyone interested in participating?

You can count me and my family in, first cruise so what ever anybody is doing we will be joining in, if you don't mind us joining in that is!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter