~May 7, 2011~ 7-night Eastern Caribbean Cruise on the Magic!

WooHOO!:woohoo: We booked our third cruise today. We have been on 2 previous cruises and are totally addicted. I am 35 at time of sailing,but I tell people I am 29 sshhhhh!...lol:rotfl2: My DH will be 34, my DS will be 14, and my DD will be 12. We will be cruising with another family and the inlaws:scared1: will be there also. Over all we are very excited.

Add another four happy Sailors to the list! We're booked!!!!!!
We cruised just DH and I in 2006 on the Magic pretty much same dates and have now booked to return - can't wait. We may be mad but this time we have our DD age 4 and Baby King coming (Baby King due in Sept!!) - so apologies to whoever is in the cabin next to ours. Also coming are my parents (my Mam not a keen water person so hopefully all will be good) and we are meeting up with the couple we met on our 2006 cruise, their DD and Mom. We're from the UK and our friends are from the US. We got on really well and have met up with them several times in WDW but will be great to get back on board.

Lastly I would love to take part in the Fish Extenders - never done it before and not really sure how it all works out but I have been reading up on it carefully, and been lost for hours in all the info.

Wow! Our thread is starting to pick up steam. :)

Welcome Ottermouse and Bibbiddi!

Bibbiddi, you cruised last year at this time? How was the weather??

Our last cruise was 2006, and from what I remember we had great weather. I do remember our day at castaway cay being overcast to start with and rain but it soon got out.

I quickly looked at some other cruise dates and from there I think ours is doing really well!!!! Fingers crossed it keeps going.

Wow! Our thread is starting to pick up steam. :)

Welcome Ottermouse and Bibbiddi!

Bibbiddi, you cruised last year at this time? How was the weather??

Thanks for the welcome.:) We actually cruised last year in May we were doing the western carribean, Swine flu broke out in Mexico,:sick: and put a damper on cozumel , but everything else was perfect. The weather and the water temperature. We cruised in Nov. air temperature was good but the water temperature was a bit cold. My family is very excited for the cruise now I gotta think up things to keep there minds off the fact that there are over 390 days to go.....lol

Hello,

We just booked while on the Wonder last week. This will be DCL number 9. I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE cruising in early May. The weather is amazing. My family is myself, Tara, husband, Rob, daughter Ava, 6, and Jonah, 3.

Tara

Hello,

We just booked while on the Wonder last week. This will be DCL number 9. I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE cruising in early May. The weather is amazing. My family is myself, Tara, husband, Rob, daughter Ava, 6, and Jonah, 3.

Tara

Welcome! :cool1:

Hi all! Canabrits2 said I should check out this thread after posting in another forum. A little background....My family of 4 were originally going to WDW in Oct. but my parents surprised us( my family and my brothers)with this 7-day cruise. I guess this would be called our family magical gathering/cruise. Since we couldn't afford both trips so close, We decided to use our DVC points to shack up our group of 11 in a Grand Villa at SSR prior to the cruise. We are planning a stop at WDW May 3-7 leading to our first ever cruise.:banana:

We will be on deck 8 in three rooms connected.

Our group consists of:

my happily retired parents
DW 36
Myself 41
DS 9
DD 6
DSiL 45
DB 45
DT's 2 girls one boy 13

I'm not sure if DB means dear brother. It just fit. He wasn't that dear to me until we got older anyways:rotfl2:
DSiL = dear sister in law:flower3:
DT's = Dear triplets:dance3:

I'm pretty new to posting here but have read the forums for a while.

I sure am glad to finally be able to post in this forum!:yay:

Welcome dljhowie!

I have a DD who is 6 but will be 7 at the time of the cruise. They may end up playing together. :)

We're in the middle of trying convince another couple to come with their daughter of the same age as well...

My son and daughter are very outgoing so I'm sure they would love to have some friends on board. I listed their ages at the time of cruise. It sould be a great time

We just booked our 5th cruise on the Magic. My DH, and my two DD's (ages 12 and 9) will be joining me. We can't wait and we count down all the time. 368 more days until the Disney Cruise!

WOO HOO!

Welcome aboard, DisneyLover1. :cool1:

We have a lot of repeat cruisers on this cruise. Has anyone taken this cruise (7 night Eastern) before?

We're just one year before our cruise! :dance3:

Haven't checked this out in awhile-glad I did! Our meet thread is moving right along! :wizard:

Hi Y'all:wave2:

I haven't booked yet, but I have contacted a travel agency and talked about the cruise with my DH.
We have sailed twice before, last year we did a 7 day Western on the Magic.

My twin boys turn 7 on the 7th, 2011, so I thought it would be a nice birthday gift for them. This summer, we are adopting a little girl from China who will be 6 when we sail. So, now I have to think as a family of 5, instead of family of 4.

I would love some advice on doing this economically. I have always had a verandah (I know...SPOILED), so we could do the Family Suite (but the cost!:scared1:). Last time we sailed we were upgraded to the FS, but I can't book a family of 5 into a standard verandah room. I also considered bringing my mother, and having 4 in a room and then one of the kids with her.

I don't have to have a verandah room. How have people got the best deal on the rooms? Would you care to share? Any advice for me about connecting rooms, etc. We are FL residents. What if I book now, and FL resident rates come out later? Do I get reimbursed, if I am paying higher now? Should I wait to book, until they put out FL resident rates?

I'm sorry for so many questions, considering I am not really a newbie. But when I priced this cruise, it just seemed so much higher than I have paid in the past.

I know I am going, one way or another.... so I can't wait to meet y'all.

Wow. It appears that I killed this thread!:faint: So sorry about that.

Well, just to let you all know, we are FOR SURE going to be on this cruise. "Turning 7 on the 7th for 7 days!!" Can't wait.

Feel free to share any advice with me regarding questions from above. Right now I plan on waiting until FL Resident rates are released, and see what I can get with those. But we are FOR SURE regardless.

"Y'all come back now, ya hear."

Hi!
I'm around and lurking. :) We're still booked and coming for our first cruise. I find myself flipping between weeks of wanting to be excited and into the Disney mood and weeks of not wanting to think about it at all because I think time will go by faster that way. I also don't want to wish my life away but I want it to be May 07th, 2011 at the same time! Schizo? hehehe

Oh, and my DD will be 7 at time of cruise as well, so there are turning out to be a lot in that age range for playmates! yaay!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter