May 6, 2012 - Disney Dream

Anyone interested in doing the FE?

I haven't cruised on Disney before but have read other posts about them.

Count at least one part of my family in. I will check with the others too, but I know I want to join!

Anyone interested in doing the FE?

I haven't cruised on Disney before but have read other posts about them.

We are definitely interested. We were part of it on our last cruise and LOVED it.

Just a warning...we needed an extra backpack to bring home the goods. ;)

We are definitely interested. We were part of it on our last cruise and LOVED it.

Just a warning...we needed an extra backpack to bring home the goods. ;)

We did ok bringing stuff home, but I picked a large sized gift to give and ended up spending $35 to ship them down. It was well worth the $35 vs carrying them, but next year I will be thinking smaller in size! ;)

Since this is our first Disney cruise and I've only read about the FE, can someone give more info on exactly how this works? I've been looking at the FE's on Ebay and Etsy. Any recommendations?

Thanks from a Disney cruise newby!:cool1:

People sign up for the FE, listing who all is in the family and ages and rather the kids are boys or girls. We used first names also. There is a deadline to when you can sign up so that everyone has time to get their FE gifts together. You then decide whatever you want to give, it can be large or small, a family gift or individual gifts, whatever you want to give. On the cruise you hang an FE outside your door. Periodically people will deposit their gifts to you in the FE. You take your turn and go around the ship delivering your gifts to the other people's FE's. Of course you will have a list of everyone on the FE exchange and their cabin numbers. It is lots of fun for the kids to return and find gifts...Hey, it's fun for us adults also. not all gifts are homemade. Some are candy, glow sticks, coloring books...whatever you choose to give, although the handmade gifts are cherished gifts. I personally think it is good to have a cut off time at least 6 weeks prior to the cruise to give everyone time to make their gifts. You do need to allow packing room on your trip home! Here is a picture of the big family gift we gave on our cruise in May.
IMG_8993.jpg

The picture frame is beautiful.

I'm going to have to put my thinking cap on.............

Where is everyone?

Any new cruisers?

I was just wondering the same thing. Where did everyone go?

I've apparently been itching to do some planning because I did upgrade our stateroom yesterday. We were in an inside stateroom and I upgraded to oceanview category 9b as an anniversary present to my hubby. I haven't told him yet (shhhh....) so hopefully he's okay with it! We had a gty room for our inside stateroom and now have a gty 9b room. I'm a little sad about giving up a virtual porthole with the characters though.

I've already started looking at Navigators and putting my top things I want to do on a list. My husband loves his booze so we're thinking of doing the tequila, martini, etc. tastings if they are available. Anyone done these? Are they worth it? The only one we probably won't do is the beer tasting. He's actually a homebrewer and is a bit of a beer snob. I heard the tasting has Miller Lite?!?!? :scared1:

I was just wondering the same thing. Where did everyone go?

I've apparently been itching to do some planning because I did upgrade our stateroom yesterday. We were in an inside stateroom and I upgraded to oceanview category 9b as an anniversary present to my hubby. I haven't told him yet (shhhh....) so hopefully he's okay with it! We had a gty room for our inside stateroom and now have a gty 9b room. I'm a little sad about giving up a virtual porthole with the characters though.

I've already started looking at Navigators and putting my top things I want to do on a list. My husband loves his booze so we're thinking of doing the tequila, martini, etc. tastings if they are available. Anyone done these? Are they worth it? The only one we probably won't do is the beer tasting. He's actually a homebrewer and is a bit of a beer snob. I heard the tasting has Miller Lite?!?!? :scared1:

Hi there! :goodvibes
My DH & I have done the martini one on the Magic- twice, we liked it so much! :thumbsup2 This time I'd like to do the tequila/rita one...I think I may be able to twist my friends' arms to come with me....:rolleyes1 The martini one was definitely worth it- can't really say about the rest- although most have looked pretty good on other people's TRs. And really? Miller Lite? I don't know about that- but I can see where that would be a BIG problem for a homebrewer- or pretty much anyone else! I thought the beer was more along the Sam Adams type, but I can't be sure. If I run across the TR I saw where they did all the tastings, I'll post a link for ya! :yay:

Hi there! :goodvibes
My DH & I have done the martini one on the Magic- twice, we liked it so much! :thumbsup2 This time I'd like to do the tequila/rita one...I think I may be able to twist my friends' arms to come with me....:rolleyes1 The martini one was definitely worth it- can't really say about the rest- although most have looked pretty good on other people's TRs. And really? Miller Lite? I don't know about that- but I can see where that would be a BIG problem for a homebrewer- or pretty much anyone else! I thought the beer was more along the Sam Adams type, but I can't be sure. If I run across the TR I saw where they did all the tastings, I'll post a link for ya! :yay:

Thanks! I'll put the martini one at the top of the list! :cool1: I'm not a big drinker, but I'll probably go and let my hubby indulge. I might have one or two cold fruity blended beverages. Any recommendations?

And yes, the review I saw had Miller Lite. Granted, I think it also had Sam Adams, Guiness and one or two others, but nothing my hubby is even remotely interested in. He can get those anywhere. On our last trip to Disney in June, we went to Celebration Town Tavern in Celebration. They a great beer selection and had all kinds of different craft brews. My hubby was in heaven!

Thanks! I'll put the martini one at the top of the list! :cool1: I'm not a big drinker, but I'll probably go and let my hubby indulge. I might have one or two cold fruity blended beverages. Any recommendations?

And yes, the review I saw had Miller Lite. Granted, I think it also had Sam Adams, Guiness and one or two others, but nothing my hubby is even remotely interested in. He can get those anywhere. On our last trip to Disney in June, we went to Celebration Town Tavern in Celebration. They a great beer selection and had all kinds of different craft brews. My hubby was in heaven!

Ewww...Miller Lite- I can see why he wouldn't be interested in any of those beers- probably for the same reason I am not interested in the Wine Tasting- I'm more of a wine drinker, and I'm not paying to drink white zinfandel as one of the tastes. :snooty:

I have always wanted to go to Celebration- it looks so charming!:cutie:

Just booked for our family!!! We'll be joining my sister (Erin.w), her husband and my mom. I'm so excited, but it's a surprise for my family: dh, dd, ds, ds. We've previously sailed only once as a family on the disney dream in march of 2007 but didn't have our youngest ds yet. Would love to also do the fe!

Just booked for our family!!! We'll be joining my sister (Erin.w), her husband and my mom. I'm so excited, but it's a surprise for my family: dh, dd, ds, ds. We've previously sailed only once as a family on the disney dream in march of 2007 but didn't have our youngest ds yet. Would love to also do the fe!

Hi sis! So excited you're joining us!

For everyone else: we need ideas on how my sister can surprise her family. I thought she could tell them at Christmas, but we need ideas!!

Also how to tell my mom (who we are taking the cruise for to celebrate her 60th birthday). :cool1:

Hi sis! So excited you're joining us!

For everyone else: we need ideas on how my sister can surprise her family. I thought she could tell them at Christmas, but we need ideas!!

Also how to tell my mom (who we are taking the cruise for to celebrate her 60th birthday). :cool1:

That's awesome that you are taking your mom for her 60th! We surprised my mom with a trip to WDW for her 60th. I don't know if any of them are fans of the Amazing Race, but I made an "Amazing Race" type scavenger hunt to surprise my mom. She LOVED it! It was a lot of fun! She had "roadblocks" and "detours" to complete. We even gave her $ at the beginning like they do on the show to cmplete some of the tasks.

podsnel, I have been checking out your previous trip reports! You're a great writer and take some great photos! :cool1:

hey everyone!! just wanted to share that i booked our cruise today!! we had our honeymoon on the dream in may and now we are going again for our 1st anniversary :cloud9: we are both so excited to go back on the dream!! we are cat 6A and on deck 8! happy planning everyone :goodvibes

oh and for people who are interested in tastings i highly recommend the mixology course! we took it on our honeymoon and we made a martini,spiced rum mojito (this is so good!), margarita and a layered b52 shot! we were the only people in our class so we got to know the bartender very well and she ended up making more drinks for us since i didn't drink the b52 so we ended getting more drinks than we were suppose to :cool1:

this cruise we are thinking on doing the champagne tasting since i didn't get a chance to taste it last time!

oh and for people who are interested in tastings i highly recommend the mixology course! we took it on our honeymoon and we made a martini,spiced rum mojito (this is so good!), margarita and a layered b52 shot! we were the only people in our class so we got to know the bartender very well and she ended up making more drinks for us since i didn't drink the b52 so we ended getting more drinks than we were suppose to :cool1:

this cruise we are thinking on doing the champagne tasting since i didn't get a chance to taste it last time!

Oooh, Mixology, that looks like a definite for the DISmoms! :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter