May 6, 2006 - 7 nite Western - Anyone Crusing?

LOL! I'm still putting together a how can we afford the cruise budget! Don't know why I'm thinking of spending time at Disney as well!!! My husband is already getting headaches thinking of the money I'm going to blow!

count us in....we were orginally scheduled to go on the 5/13/06 cruise but because my xwife (and husband) weren't orginally going...then were....and now not sure (but they booked anyways)....I thought it would be better if a changed the dates so we (me, and my two daughters [9.5 and 13.5 at the time of the cruise]) would not be away on mother's day (5/14)....regardless of what happened with my x-wfie, me and the 2 girls are going....

PS: I see it alot but what does the 'D' in dh, dd, etc mean?

Thanks
Alan

oh...i forgot....me and the kids are in room #6064 and my x-wfie and her husband are (currently) booked in room #6020...what about the rest of you?

I just got off the phone with DCL and booked this cruise. Only 1 set of connecting rooms left on deck 2 and they are WAYYYY aft. Not too happy about the room location but have wait listed for other connecting cabins on deck 2.

Can't wait to get back on the ship!!!

Just booked today! :cheer2:

DH and I (mid/late 20's, no kids) are thrilled to be going again. We tried to take the Western last September and wound up dodging hurricanes all week! It was an adventure! We wound up in San Juan and Nassau, so we haven't seen any of the Western ports--I'm really excited about Key West.

We're in 2564 (we'll always be able to get an elevator!) and coming in the Wednesday before. We're going to spend Wed/Thurs/Fri at WDW--probably OKW--and then leave late Friday night for the Cocoa Beach area--hoping to be able to trade in some Hilton Hhonors points for a free room.

Can't wait to meet everyone!

I'm bumping this up so we can all try to post on the same cruise meet thread. I think a few more people have joined our sailing! :sunny:

My mom and i are in room 2076. I will be almost 18 and she will be 50. We are going to WDW on the 3rd and staying at pop cent. :banana:

We just got back from our 3rd cruise-4 night on the Wonder. While onboard, we booked the 7 night western for May 6, 2006. We are excited! It will be myself, DH, DS-10, & DS-3. We are booked in a Cat 8, but we may change our minds. We have always been in a Cat. 6, so we may decide to go back to that. Who knows! Anyways, I will be on here alot to get ready for this next trip. Booking this trip is the only thing that made this last cruise enjoyable when we got off the ship, knowing that we will be coming back next year.
:banana: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :banana: :cool1:

We're on deck 7 middle somewhere (I don't have my registration here, but I will check) 2 cat.11 side by side.

My older boys (9, 6 now, 10 and 7 on the cruise) insisted that we didn't need to spend the money on adjoining cabins and we would be okay side by side. There weren't any cat.10 on deck 7 so we went with it. I'm not too fussed about being inside but there's a tiny part of me that is hoping we'll be upgraded! We booked really early (nov 04). I've heard that Disney sometimes upgrades, although I would think 2 side by sides would probably be hard to upgrade.

However, I can dream can't I?

We're spending loads of money already, as we're planning on going to DW first for 11 nights. We're staying at POR. We're flying from Victoria BC, so its a long haul?

Any other Canadians out there?

I have to pace myself, I may burn out before we get there. Actually next week we're going to Portugal for 5 weeks, but I'm more excited about the cruise next year.

Go figure...

Count us in! There are 28 of us on a family reunion cruise. 11 Staterooms worth! Sailed the Wonder last August and ran home to gather up the whole crew. We have already begun the big countdown and can hardly wait! :cool1:

Oo-de-lally Gal said:
Count us in! There are 28 of us on a family reunion cruise. 11 Staterooms worth! Sailed the Wonder last August and ran home to gather up the whole crew. We have already begun the big countdown and can hardly wait! :cool1:

Wow, that will be a great reunion! There were 18 of us on our last cruise and we had a blast. It was so much fun to just run into your family while at the pool or at the lunch buffet. You'll have a great time. This time around there is only 13 of us going back but I'm sure it will be just as much fun.

Hi....I'm Susie :wave2: We booked this cruise a few weeks ago. It will be me, Dh, dd14, dd13, ds11, and ds (identical twins) 7. I see that there are several 7 year olds and another set of twins.... I hope the counsellors aren't reading this thread! :rotfl2:
We just took the May 2005 Western 7 day as well. Would have preferred to have done the Eastern on this leg, but were trying to coincide school dates with the kids and possible FL resident rates. However, we had such a "Magical" :wizard: time, we're ready to do it again! So...any of you with questions, I'll be happy to answer! I didn't find these boards until a couple weeks prior to sailing, so I didn't get all the advantages it has to offer. It does become addicting though :rolleyes1 I am thrilled to be able to get to know all of you for the next 11 months :Pinkbounc :bounce:

This will be our 4th cruise for our entire family. It is myself, DH, DS10& DS3.

Any suggestions of things to see & do? We have been on the 4 night cruise 3 times, so this will be our first 7 night cruise. We are familiar with Disney cruising, but just not the 7 nighter. Would love to hear what some of the other families are planning for excursions!

MommyMouse said:
Hi....I'm Susie :wave2: We booked this cruise a few weeks ago. It will be me, Dh, dd14, dd13, ds11, and ds (identical twins) 7. I see that there are several 7 year olds and another set of twins.... I hope the counsellors aren't reading this thread! :rotfl2:

Hi Susie, I'm thrilled that there will be another set of ID twin boys aboard. I love meeting other moms of twins - especially ID boys like mine. Hopefully you'll be easy to spot and so will I - mine will be 5 1/2 on the cruise. Welcome!

Heather :earsboy: :earsgirl: princess: :earboy2: :earboy2:

Boy this is fun! Glad to see you have a DD 14 Mommy Mouse! My DD will be 15 when we cruise. We also have three dd 7's a dd 5 and a dd 3 and a ds 11. (not all mine... :eek:that's the whole fam's worth!) We are all so excited that we are already holding monthly pre-sail parties. This also includes the giant family weigh in. WE are hoping to gain back everything we manage to lose during 7 days and nights of fabulous food. The last cruise I do believe our server tried to kill us with kindness. Food just kept arriving with his urging of "You sure don't want to miss this..." It was like the Sorcerer's Apprentice!

Threehundred sixty four days until we're back on the ship!!! :banana: :cheer2: :cool1: :rockband: :boat:

I'm not sure which excursions we will do this time. Last trip, the only real excursion we took was the Stingray City/Snorkel Tour in Grand Cayman. It was awesome!!! The only downfall was the "roughness" of the water to snorkel in. My kids are great swimmers, but it really wore them out. Apparently, this is the norm from what we heard. Nonetheless, it was a great trip! The size of the stingrays freaked me out a bit though :crazy: In Cozumel, we just wanted to walk around the city and see it all. We wanted to see what the infamous "Carlos and Charlies" was about. (The food was fair, margarhita's not so good, but the atmosphere was no less than entertaining :rotfl: The entertainment on board was just great. I just hope the shows will change by then. Does anyone know how often they do that? We were on deck 6 AFT and LOVED it! Great proximity to the restaurants, kids club, pool etc. Booked 6 AFT again as well. Don't know the cabin numbers off the top of my head. Got my Passporter yesterday :Pinkbounc Not sure how informative it will be next to what you can read here, but it seems most everybody has one :confused3 This is so exciting to be able to plan another cruise....and getting to know you all so far in advance :grouphug:

I would love to know more about the stingray excursion. I have a really big fear of doing this, because I had an uncle that was stung by one of these creatures & was hurt very badly. He was in approximately waist high water & was fishing with a net & snagged it in the net. I guess it was defending itself, but I would hate to have an injury like that in a place I am so unfamiliar with. Could you give me more info on this? Do they have some type of training ( :rolleyes: for lack of a better word) on being with these creatures? Are they fairly calm?

If you could give more info, I would greatly appreciate it. :flower:

2timecruiser said:
I would love to know more about the stingray excursion.
If you could give more info, I would greatly appreciate it. :flower:

We didn't book it through Disney, but through Capt Marvins (Can find the website if you want it) It was highly recommended by fellow Disers. The price is quite a bit less. The guides are highly trained and VERY comfortable with the stingrays! They pick them up and hold them....you can pet them if you wish :rotfl2: At this particular place, I guess the stingrays are used to the boats coming up, b/c they know the get fed! Some people choose to feed them, some don't (Like me!) Basically, you just stand there, and they come and brush up beside you. It really is quite an experience :sunny: One girl on our trip must have walked into one and got stung. She said it really wasn't a big deal at all....just stung a little bit, as the guides immediately pour vinegar over it. She had a little scrape, but she said no discomfort after it. Of all the people who went on this, she was the only one that I was aware of. I would imagine (and hope!) that it is very infrequent, or people wouldn't book it like they do. If I can do it...you can! :Pinkbounc :banana:

jillane88 said:
Hi Susie, I'm thrilled that there will be another set of ID twin boys aboard. I love meeting other moms of twins - especially ID boys like mine. Hopefully you'll be easy to spot and so will I - mine will be 5 1/2 on the cruise. Welcome!

Heather :earsboy: :earsgirl: princess: :earboy2: :earboy2:

Heather....My boys just turned 7 last week, so they will be almost 8 by sailing time. Half the time they tend to act like they are five, so we will be in good shape :rotfl2: Twins are so awesome....we are truly blessed! :love1:

MommyMouse: If you could get me that info, I would greatly appreciate it. I would like to look into it, because most excursions will not allow 3 year olds to attend. I'm hoping I can find some fun stuff to do with him along.

Thanks for you help! If anyone else has any more info, I would greatly appreciate it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter