May 6, 2006 - 7 nite Western - Anyone Crusing?

Hi, Sherri! Welcome! :wave:

Glad to hear about your docs, Amy!

Our vacation officially starts a week from today! We'll be saying a very sad goodbye to the cats (I really do hate leaving them...) and heading up to the Courtyard by O'Hare for the night. We'll be leaving the car there while we're on our cruise, and it will be nice to stay there since we have an early morning flight the next day.

I think I finished the last of the shopping yesterday. I've got to run the dry cleaning in today and then start on the never-ending list of things to do before we go. I really need to just take 15 minutes and write it all down!

I hope everyone has a great day! :sunny:

Hey Guys!
I was lurking yesterday too and just didn't take the time to post. We were all in the middle of a Mervyn's sale shopping extravaganza.

Sherri- I have a daughter who is 15 and she will be thrilled to hear that your son is joining the teen crowd! It sounds like we have a few that in age group. We cruised in 2004 and my teens loved, loved, loved it!!! Their activities really didn't get rolling until evening time but they slept in, did shore excursions, hung out by the pool and then joined the clubs for night time fun.
They have a great time.

Has anybody heard whether Chris got his docs?? Chris, let us know!

As for the rest of you, get well and stay well! Grandma says "Rest and fluids!!"

The whole crew gets on an airplane one week from tomorrow. :cool1:

Have fun with your planning. See you at the buffet!
-Wendi :sunny:

jillane88 said:
Hey Amy. Any word on your docs yet? Hopefully you'll be getting them soon. I have heard of people having to get theirs at the port. I doubt that will be you though. Chin up!

Where is everyone today??? :yay: It's lonely here on the board all by myself. :rolleyes1 I've checked this thread no less than 10 times today. Has everyone else filled out their immigration docs yet? What did you put for the number of nights in Bahamas. I didn't put anything because I was unsure and thought we wouldn't really be there for a night. Should we put a "1"?

Heather, all lonely and bored here by myself (and feeling sick with a sore throat too!)
Put 1 and use the date that we will be at CC. :)

I keep thinking I'm finished with shopping, too...then I think "Oh wait, I forgot (fill in the blank)". I'm a little stressed thinking that I'm forgetting something...I hate that! I need to write it all down, too. I love the vacation part....it's just the "getting ready for it" part that does me in!

Oh, while I'm thinking of it....how many of you are dressing up for Pirate Night? (I can't remember if we've already talked about it.) We aren't really dressing *as* pirates, per se, but we will be sort of "in the spirit." My daughter and I will wear jean capris and black tops that we got at Disneyland's Pirate's of the Caribbean store. They have a skull on them and say "The beatings will continue until morale improves." (Hee!) My husband has a matching "men's style" t-shirt that says the same thing and my son's t-shirt is red with a skull and say's "A pirate's life for me" (or something like that) I also got a couple of "eye patch/earring" sets and one bandana (although I know they give the bandanas out.)

ANYWAY, I'm hoping that the jeans for dinner on that night is acceptable, since it's part of the theme (sort of!) What do you guys think?

pearlieq said:
Hi, Sherri! Welcome! :wave:

Glad to hear about your docs, Amy!

Our vacation officially starts a week from today! We'll be saying a very sad goodbye to the cats (I really do hate leaving them...) and heading up to the Courtyard by O'Hare for the night. We'll be leaving the car there while we're on our cruise, and it will be nice to stay there since we have an early morning flight the next day.

I think I finished the last of the shopping yesterday. I've got to run the dry cleaning in today and then start on the never-ending list of things to do before we go. I really need to just take 15 minutes and write it all down!

I hope everyone has a great day! :sunny:

Hi Everyone,
I didn't post yesterday because Weds are our bad day for running around. That, and dh left on a business trip.

Sherri, Welcome to the group. I have a 16 year old ds that loves rock music, plays guitar and drums, enjoys sports (AVID Steeler fan!), video games and movies. Sounds like our two should meet up! PM me if you want, and maybe we can get them to email each other. Sounds like we will have a great group of teens on the ship.

Amy, Glad you got your docs! Now the fun can begin! :cheer2:

Where's Chris? Any docs there yet?

Lisa

Where are you Chris? :confused3 You've been MIA for 2 whole days and we miss your humor! Did you go out to find that carrier pigeon?

Welcome Sherri! Glad you decided to come over to the board.

Yay Amy! I'm sure you'll rest easier knowing the docs are coming today!

I'm feeling a bit better today, no body aches at least - just a sore scratchy throat. BUT the sun is shining :sunny: and we leave in a week!! :banana:

Heather

Hi Sneezy,

I am wearing capris and a pirate shirt also. My two kids (9 and 3 ) have pirate customes that I got after halloween last year.
My husband is wearing a Hawaii type of shirt.
My 21 year old brother is a fart and will probably not participate.
My Mom is "still looking"

Can't Wait...

I got a dress for formal night at Marshalls for $30..... It is really nice. Long and dark brown.

I booked the Buckaneer Sting Ray excursion through CApt. Bryan today.
I am getting all set..
Heather NJ

Ok - I just have to say this, so please forgive me . I am now REALLY ready for this cruise. After waiting three weeks, first to get a biopsy done and then to get the results - I have FINALLY found out that I do NOT have Uterine Cancer. What a wait and what a weight off . I am now ready to fully concentrate on this trip and I will start by shopping tonight while DS is at wrestling!!! I am ready to party!!! :cool1: :sunny: :banana: :Pinkbounc :cheer2: :cloud9: :cloud9: :cloud9: :cloud9: :woohoo: :yay: :bounce:

Wow, that is excellent news! Whew!

(and I hope you find good stuff shopping tonight!)

new2cruise said:
Ok - I just have to say this, so please forgive me . I am now REALLY ready for this cruise. After waiting three weeks, first to get a biopsy done and then to get the results - I have FINALLY found out that I do NOT have Uterine Cancer. What a wait and what a weight off . I am now ready to fully concentrate on this trip and I will start by shopping tonight while DS is at wrestling!!! I am ready to party!!! :cool1: :sunny: :banana: :Pinkbounc :cheer2: :cloud9: :cloud9: :cloud9: :cloud9: :woohoo: :yay: :bounce:

:cool1: Congratulations!! That is absolutely fantastic news! With all the ailments, bugs, viruses, sore throats and stuff going around THIS group a little good news is refreshing!! :cloud9: PTL!

I've been kinda busy the last couple of days myself. I came home Tuesday STILL LOOKING for our tickets and found instead a sign in our front yard that read "House For Sale - By Neighbors". I really didn't think our yard looked all that bad. We've been in a drought for weeks and my trees have been fighting over dogs! :sunny: So, the last two days I've been concreting our yard and painting it green. (I can't wait to see what the owners association has to say NOW!) My DW says I have an intellect rivaled only by garden tools! :crazy:

Hey folks, you've just got to get into the "spirit" of being a pirate!! I've had more fun planning my "outfit" than sneeking signs into the Chinese Restaurant window! pirate: Live a little and do something - to quote Jack Sparrow "really stupid!" Just a bit of trivia - the ring worn by Captain Jack is not a movie prop. Johnnie Depp has worn that ring for a very long time complete with skulls on all four sides. (and some people think my goal posts are too far apart! :crazy2: ) Dress up in your worst and join the crew, matey! Do it "for the children"! :jumping1:

I suppose Sandra and her gang are in the Magic Kingdom. :rainbow: Hope they didn't lose a suitcase!! 4? Only 4? (We have two just for our pirates outfits!!)

Hey Wendi! Tell your mom my DW said I was made just like your mom's swimsuit. My nose runs and my feet smell - I was built upside down! :upsidedow Can't wait to hear Gram sing "A Dream is a wish your heart makes!" Tell her to listen to the Disney Circle of (child) Stars sing it! It'll make her feel like a Baptist Deacon at a rap concert! It's very good, but I get tired just watching them. :faint:

Ya'll have fun and I'll sneek back to the PC later! Have a great Thursday. Gotta go water the concrete!! :wave2:

Chris

Glad to see you back Chris! Hope your concrete turned out well.

We had a big family birthday dinner and precruise excitement builder. party: Gram is busy telling everyone at work how she now has all these new friends from all over the country that she is heading off to meet on her cruise. She is of course playing up the celebrity factor to the hilt. We tried to warm you that this kind of attention would go straight to her head and she would be very difficult to live with. :sunny: It is so much fun to see her this excited! I don't know sometimes I think the anticipation as almost as great as the ship itself! I just love that "looking forward to" feeling. Of course if I don't settle down a bit and start sleeping better I will simply be the gal asleep on the deck!
See you at the Buffet!

new2cruise said:

Wow Sharon. That is awesome, awesome news! :thumbsup2 Now you can really enjoy the trip - and the getting ready for it. Have fun shopping!

Chris, good to see you back. We were afraid the carrier pigeon carried you away. :confused3

Time to collaborate the lists.
Heather

Sharon,
That is awesome news! It is nice to hear good news.

Chris, glad you made it back. I totally agree with the concrete yard concept. If for no other reason than to bug the HOA's! :rolleyes1

We are waiting until Key West to purchase our pirate stuff/tropical stuff. That way I don't have to pack it down there.

Lisa (who is still battling this sore throat thing) :sad2:

Great news Sandra!! What a relief. You should just be able to really relax now and truly enjoy the cruise. So glad to hear great news. I hope you are feeling better with your sore throat Lisa.

Does anybody have any idea if there is something planned for the family with the dad from the earlier thread? Is his name Dave? I sure am concerned about them and hope they can just have an incredible experience. The ship is truly a magical place and I can think of no where else I would rather make family memories. I hope they have a beautiful week.

-Wendi

Well, Im at work now, getting ready to start my lists for the weeks..Im editing the ones I have..I need big suitcase list, travel bag list, over night bags and so forth...I cant wait any longer....7 days with my family and sunshine and pools and excursions and mickey and belle...oh i cant take it..you would seriously think i had kids with my excitement

I am finally almost set - "shopped till I dropped" as they say. Got capris, great tops and shorts, and new pair of sandals (like I need more! ;) ) Chris tell DW I take the pledge and will have a pedicure on Friday morning. No scaley feet for me :teeth:

Let me tell you something though there is nothing like putting on a pair of capris and turning in that stupid three-sided mirror to see the "wide load" sign on your butt to bring a girl down :furious: Man oh man - I can ignore it as long as I don't have to look at it ! :teeth: ....problem is everyone else has to look at it ! So , I will be the girl at the pool with short, dark curly hair trying to cover her bum and her belly :rolleyes1

I had a formal and semi formal outfit. The only thing I am not prepared for is Pirate Night - didn't give it any thought until my head was clear and now I am at a lose. Any easy ideas out there ?

For most of us our adventure begins one week from today !
Happy Friday everyone ! :wizard:

Oo-de-lally Gal said:
Does anybody have any idea if there is something planned for the family with the dad from the earlier thread? Is his name Dave? I sure am concerned about them and hope they can just have an incredible experience.

If you go back to the original thread on the main board, the OP gave an email address where you can get the family's name.

With their name and the sail date, you can call DCL and help add to their onboard credit. Even a few dollars would cover a few Drinks of the Day, bingo cards, or (most importantly) Shutters pics!

You also might be able to contact "snelsonbrown" who runs Gifts of a Lifetime who is doing a stateroom gift for them, I think. You might be able to contribute to that or contribute directly to the family through her. She's also back on the thread on the main board.

If we can somehow find our their cabin number, we could leave them "fish mail" throughout the cruise. Little toys, pins, etc. might make it magical for the kids. Just a thougt, though I'm not sure how to get the cabin number...

Hey Sharon - ya gotta get into the "pirate" mindset! Today is the anniversary of the Mutiny on the HMS Bounty - April 28, 1789! pirate: If we mutiny on the Magic I get to blow the boat whistle!!! :rotfl: I just got my official (replica) of Jack Sparrow's ring and Aztec gold medallion! The guy I bought them from claims to be the original designer of the props used by Disney! (He also sells watches and bridges I think :smooth: )

Hey Wendi - I did a bit of research on "Dave" and his circumstances and evidently they are legit. He has according to my sources been a "good guy" for a very long time and made extraordinary sacrifices leading mission trips to Cambodia instead of taking "Disney vacations". They indeed deserve all our support and prayers. I have added them to the list of "Must meet" folks. Gram is at the top! :rockband:

Guess what folks????? The "carrier pigeon" has landed. Interestingly enough, evidently because this is our second cruise and we did all the "stuff" online to pre-register all we got were four (green) luggage tags and two stupid forms for the Government of the Bahamas. No tickets or the "pile of info" we had expected. Before our last trip they (Disney) must have destroyed half a forest to make all the paper for the paperwork we were sent. :flower2:

168 hours until we leave the driveway for Port Canaveral. :rotfl2: I think I'll start taking the Dramamine tonight ust to be safe!! :sick:

Interesting note - a co-worker with my DW just returned yesterday from a cruise on the Carnival Holiday out of Mobile. They had an unexpected change of itinerary. :scratchin They were supposed to visit Cozumel but woke up in Playa del Carmen with no warning or explanation given - even the night before arrival. They were told only "circumstances dictated the change". Hmmmm??? They had a fantastic time, but it makes you wonder were the "circumstances" related to Carnival or Cozumel? :confused:

The yard looks great! You should have seen our cat trying to "dig a hole" - if you know what I mean! :cat: Now I'm gonna find a sign that says "Jeffrey Dahmer Ate Here" and REALLY drive the neighbors nuts!! By the way - the HOA can't really complain to anyone since I'm it President!! Hail to the Chief!!!! :thumbsup2

Happy Friday All!
Chris :earsboy:

Has anyone given any thought to when/where we can meet up? It seems like there isn't a perfect time.....after the sailaway the early diners will be getting ready for dinner! How about DURING the sailaway time? Too hectic? Maybe just try to plan for a quickie hello/introduction then?

Or..... I will be meeting mazzarafe (Gina) and her family in the terminal before we board, because our daughters have been emailing each other (making new friends...it's so sweet!) We will be meeting at the ship model around 11-11:30 am. (Is that what we said, Gina? I think so, anyway!) How many of you are planning to be there by then? Should those of us who are there by then just all try to meet at the model? (We are staying at the Radisson and will be on the first shuttle, so hopefully we'll actually be there by 10 or so.)

Oh, and I have been following the thread, but haven't really posted too much....I believe I may have "formally introduced" myself waaaaaayyyy early in this thread (but I'm too lazy to go and check!) So, I am Melissa, and will be travelling with my DH, and my DD12 and DS7. (Hello! Nice to meetcha!) :wave2:

One week from today we leave!!!!
:cool1: :Pinkbounc :banana: :yay: :woohoo: :bounce: party:

Not sleeping well at all now. Too Excited!! Gues my visits to the Rainforest Room will merely be to take long naps in my heated chair! Does anybody know if the pirate museum in Key West has a decent gift shop?? Maybe piratey things for Weds night? Gram would be fab in an eye patch... pirate:

Thanks for the extra info on Dave and his family. We'll see what we can do!

See you at the Buffet!
-Wendi

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter