May 4th - how cool?

brentm77

DIS Veteran
First, thanks to everyone on these boards. Although I post very little, I have been lurking here since we booked our cruise several months ago. It is very informative and entertaining.

My family is setting sell on the Fantasy on May 4, 2013. This will be our first Disney Cruise (my wife's first cruise on any line). She is wondering the following, for the purposes of planning what clothes to pack:

1) How cool are the evenings on-board the ship, but outside?
2) How cool are the dining rooms (she is the type that tends to get cool in movie theaters in the middle of summer - with their AC running full blast)?
3) How cool is the theater where you watch the stage shows?

Thank you!
Brent

First, thanks to everyone on these boards. Although I post very little, I have been lurking here since we booked our cruise several months ago. It is very informative and entertaining.

My family is setting sell on the Fantasy on May 4, 2013. This will be our first Disney Cruise (my wife's first cruise on any line). She is wondering the following, for the purposes of planning what clothes to pack:

1) How cool are the evenings on-board the ship, but outside?
2) How cool are the dining rooms (she is the type that tends to get cool in movie theaters in the middle of summer - with their AC running full blast)?
3) How cool is the theater where you watch the stage shows?

Thank you!
Brent

1) They keep the temperature on-ship around 72 I would say. Outside in May could be mid-60s.
2) my DW wears a dress jacket to all dinners, and theater events. She has never gotten hot. the DW even slips on a DIS hoody on occasion for the entertainment after dinner. Also we go on the top deck after the evening entertainment for a slice of pizza. Your DW will need something on there also.
3) About 72 degrees.

Brent, my family is also going on the May 4th Fantasy cruise!! Are you on our Facebook group? Also, we have a fish extenders group. Hope to see you on the cruise!
Darlene

I find the dining rooms very, very cold. I was so cold one evening, they gave me a table cloth to put around my shoulders. After that, I always brought a sweater.

Thanks for the helpful replies.

We considered the fish extenders, but decided it wasn't for us this time out. It sounds like fun, but we are very private people and don't feel comfortable putting our family information online, especially with a room number. We also weren't sure we wanted to take the time to make/distribute gifts. But the idea is fun. Maybe next time.

Also, we aren't current Face Book users.

But thanks for mentioning them. Counting down the days!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter