• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

May 4, 2013 Fantasy 7 Night Eastern Caribbean

I have one bag already to go! Lol
It's just a tiny bit bigger than a carry on and is full of my little ones princess dresses and our pirrate night outfits and the extra things and bathroom stuff.
We are flying southwest so I don't mind having an extra checked bag! Lol-
I'm a ridiculous packer... But whatever you don't have and need, I'll have in my stateroom ;)

Packing for 5 peoole for 9 days

chelseadawn22 said:
I have one bag already to go! Lol
It's just a tiny bit bigger than a carry on and is full of my little ones princess dresses and our pirrate night outfits and the extra things and bathroom stuff.
We are flying southwest so I don't mind having an extra checked bag! Lol-
I'm a ridiculous packer... But whatever you don't have and need, I'll have in my stateroom ;)

Packing for 5 peoole for 9 days

I also packing for 5 people for 9 days! any tips? We are going to the magic kingdom for one day before the cruise. Just trying to figure out how to pack.

Pack as light as possible. Leave room for souvenirs. Don't tell my table mates but I'll probably wear the same set of khaki's two nights in a row. Only wearing them to dinner and the show you can get two nights out of them. :rolleyes1

N365PA said:
Pack as light as possible. Leave room for souvenirs. Don't tell my table mates but I'll probably wear the same set of khaki's two nights in a row. Only wearing them to dinner and the show you can get two nights out of them. :rolleyes1

You can wear them 4 nights in a row and it won't bother me. Unless you spill on them no one will ever know!! My husband would shower then get dressed for dinner then Change right away wearing them for at most 3 hours a night, he was clean when he put them on it would take 4 nights to equal the amount of time he would wear them at work in one day.

Too bad I'm a overpacked, Any extra space he saves, I use!!

Are there any kids out there that were not able to get into the BBB on Pirate day? I have my kids reserved, but also reserved for my wife and I at the same time. Is that wrong? I am starting to feel bad for taking these two time slots for my wife and I. I would hate to hear about a child being disappointed not being able to be a pirate.

Are there any other adults getting the Empress or First Mate package?

jjiillee said:
I also packing for 5 people for 9 days! any tips? We are going to the magic kingdom for one day before the cruise. Just trying to figure out how to pack.

I am packing skirts and light dresses for me and the girls for dinners and shows- and I doubt we'll wear the same one twice- kids are messy- and bill never makes it through a meal without missing his mouth at least once! Lol.
I will pack 7 dinner shirts for him and probably 4 pairs of jeans. 2 swim suites each (so we will always have one dry one hanging up) and had to pack full size bottles of shampoo and conditioner because my travel size bottles won't cut it for 45 showers- 36 if which are girls with thick long hair.
Shoes will be easy for the girls but so hard for me- I LOVE shoes and will want to wear some cool ones for each night with my various dresses but I guess I'll have to make myself pick a couple that can work with all the dresses :/
Definitely bringing an over the door shoe rack to organize and our whole family has our special pirate night bag!

This is the trip of a lifetime for us so I want to make sure I have everything we may need to have to most awesome time!!

Btw- for the couple days off the boat- pack those close in grocery sacs inside ur suitcase- one for each day off the boat. Then just grab that and the toiletries you will need and leave the rest inside the suite case.

Are there any kids out there that were not able to get into the BBB on Pirate day? I have my kids reserved, but also reserved for my wife and I at the same time. Is that wrong? I am starting to feel bad for taking these two time slots for my wife and I. I would hate to hear about a child being disappointed not being able to be a pirate.

Are there any other adults getting the Empress or First Mate package?

I was trying to get my six year old daughter in for pirate's league, but all of the times were booked. I am hoping they have some room when we board. I don't think you should feel guilty about you and your wife making appointments for yourself though. Adults should be able to get the experience just as kids do!

I am packing skirts and light dresses for me and the girls for dinners and shows- and I doubt we'll wear the same one twice- kids are messy- and bill never makes it through a meal without missing his mouth at least once! Lol.
I will pack 7 dinner shirts for him and probably 4 pairs of jeans. 2 swim suites each (so we will always have one dry one hanging up) and had to pack full size bottles of shampoo and conditioner because my travel size bottles won't cut it for 45 showers- 36 if which are girls with thick long hair.
Shoes will be easy for the girls but so hard for me- I LOVE shoes and will want to wear some cool ones for each night with my various dresses but I guess I'll have to make myself pick a couple that can work with all the dresses :/
Definitely bringing an over the door shoe rack to organize and our whole family has our special pirate night bag!

This is the trip of a lifetime for us so I want to make sure I have everything we may need to have to most awesome time!!

Btw- for the couple days off the boat- pack those close in grocery sacs inside ur suitcase- one for each day off the boat. Then just grab that and the toiletries you will need and leave the rest inside the suite case.

The toiletries on board the ship are really nice ones from H2O+ and you can ask your cabin steward for extras so you have plenty for your whole family.

Ginger Renae said:
The toiletries on board the ship are really nice ones from H2O+ and you can ask your cabin steward for extras so you have plenty for your whole family.

Thanks! Maybe I'll just bring conditioner then (we use a lot ) ;)
But I can lose the shampoo and soap now

chelseadawn22 said:
Thanks! Maybe I'll just bring conditioner then (we use a lot ) ;)
But I can lose the shampoo and soap now

The H2O products on board are my favorite and thy are really good about restocking! It sounds like you've got everything you need! Don't forget the sunscreen and aloe...

chelseadawn22 said:

Thanks for the tips! I am worried about fitting all the shoes too. I am debating whether or not to bring tennis shoes. I don't plan on working out but you never know. I will wear my tevas for any walking. I am so ready to start really packing. my son has the stomach bug so we are staying in all weekend. I might have to at least start making piles for the kids clothes.

Dont worry about forgetting toiletries like sunblock or other stuff. Mostly everything is available on the ship...at Disney prices of course :laughing:.

N365PA said:
Dont worry about forgetting toiletries like sunblock or other stuff. Mostly everything is available on the ship...at Disney prices of course :laughing:.

Yeah- that's what I'm trying to avoid! Lol
I'm ok with paying heavy for cool stuff- but I will sure hate $17 for sunscreen or whatever unearthly price they come up with.

Disney prices. Forgot black dress socks lat cruise. $13 per pair on the ship. That sucked but my fault for forgetting

It's the same at the resorts. We paid $40 once for a two pack of white undershirts - they only had Tommy Hilfiger of some similar brand name and we had V&A reservations so...

At least they do all carry emergency supplies of basics - if you need something that isn't out just ask.

Here's to hoping that my husband (N365PA) doesn't "forget" dress socks just so that he can buy mickey socks on board. :P

Got our room assignment-6516. It is a slight upgrade. It's "spring break" here in Alaska and I can't wait until vacation!

If anyone is interested in lanyards as has not yet signed up, please do so as soon as possible. I am ordering the lanyards either next weekend or the weekend after, and I need to get as accurate a count as possible. The link to the lanyards is in my signature.

We leave for vacation in 6 weeks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter