May 4, 2013 Fantasy 7 Night Eastern Caribbean

calker said:
At first the whole idea of FE seemed overwhelming - but I've been putting together a few ideas and now I can't stop - its now a lot of fun!

Just wanted to confirm (if u happen to know) the spreadsheet on Facebook is the full list of people participating in the FE so far??? I am trying to calculate the # of kids per age group...

Did we ever reach a final consensus on splitting the FE group? I know we talked a bit about splitting up so that we ended up with groups of 15 or so.

Did we ever reach a final consensus on splitting the FE group? I know we talked a bit about splitting up so that we ended up with groups of 15 or so.

Hello, this is a good question...are we splitting it, or getting gifts for everyone on the spreadsheet (so far)? Also, im sure this has been addressed somewhere before, but is it a daily gift exchange for the 7 days, or just one day???

Please advise! Thanks a bunch :)

Salma said:
Hello, this is a good question...are we splitting it, or getting gifts for everyone on the spreadsheet (so far)? Also, im sure this has been addressed somewhere before, but is it a daily gift exchange for the 7 days, or just one day???

Please advise! Thanks a bunch :)

Not sure on the split or not splitting, but the amount of gifts you give is up to you. You can give one gift for the whole cruise or one per day.

Since it sounds like folks are already buying/making gifts so it seems like now is a good time to come to an agreement on the size ranges for FE groups. I think last time this came up 15 or so was thought to be a manageable size - assuming we had that many members. The list has almost doubled since then and if we split it now it looks like we'll be at about 15 per list - with a little wiggle room for additional participants.

Does anyone have thoughts either way?

I know this was on FB as well but I almost never go on there so maybe someone else can can fill us in?

I do not go on the Facebook site at all so I can't comment on anything there.

I like the idea of splitting our FE into two groups of 15. 15 cabins seems very manageable. For anyone who is inclined to participate on a larger scale, they could register for both groups.

This is my two cents worth - I will go along with whatever the group agrees to.

I do not go on the Facebook site at all so I can't comment on anything there.

I like the idea of splitting our FE into two groups of 15. 15 cabins seems very manageable. For anyone who is inclined to participate on a larger scale, they could register for both groups.

This is my two cents worth - I will go along with whatever the group agrees to.

Im good with splitting or no splitting, just wanna know so i can figure out what im doing for the FE gifts.....ahhh the excitement!:banana:

So I get the sense we need to split the FE list. Currently we have 30 rooms participating and I am sure we will get a few more over the next few weeks as we get closer. I'm thinking I split into groups of 15-20 rooms. We had agreed to lock down the list a month before the cruise leaves (April 4th). I would like to wait until then to split the list up. Are there any major objections?

Also, there are a number of people who won't get their rooms assigned until boarding so I can hang a listing outside myroom for two days with disboard names and room numbers that can be updated. You would just need to stop by, update your listing and enjoy.

Opinions>>>

Sounds like a solid plan to me! Thank you for taking the lead. I'll plan on 20 or fewer for the FE.

Sounds good to me for updating you with rooms onboard if needed. If the list gets split, please put us on both lists!

Please add me too to both fish extenders groups if it divides up. FE are one of my kids favorite things to do!!:goodvibes

If we split the FE in to two groups and MANY of the families(including mine) want to be on both lists how does it work? We give gifts to everyone on both lists and receive gifts from just one of the lists? If we get gifts from both lists and there are so many of us on both, will this still be too much on those who have asked to limit the lists to 15 or so families....

Does the question make sense or am I over thinking it?
Joe

Your question makes sense and I had wondered the same thing. Maybe we split instead into the small group and the big group? Big group would be those who don't mind how large the group gets. Small group would be the rest of us.

From comments so far I'm guessing that we'll end up with a small group of 10 or so and a larger group of 20+. Or maybe we end up with multiple small groups and one big group. Everyone would just have to choose whether they want to go big or go small. But then everyone would be on just ONE list.

Thoughts? Would that be workable?

Not everyone has replied a desire whether to do a single or "double" group. It would work if the single group people are split between the groups and those that are wanting to do both groups just gift the duplicate names once versus twice.

Does that make sense?

Your question makes sense and I had wondered the same thing. Maybe we split instead into the small group and the big group? Big group would be those who don't mind how large the group gets. Small group would be the rest of us.

From comments so far I'm guessing that we'll end up with a small group of 10 or so and a larger group of 20+. Or maybe we end up with multiple small groups and one big group. Everyone would just have to choose whether they want to go big or go small. But then everyone would be on just ONE list.

Thoughts? Would that be workable?

Right now I have only seen 4 rooms that only wanted to do one list.

Based on the FE list I think a lot of folks don't check in all that often.

So, we'll see how it pans out. If the general consensus is that everyone wants one big FE list, then we'll bow out. No harm, no foul.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter