May 4 2006 Wonder, Anybody out there???

thanks mrs firefighter :thumbsup2 (didnt post name)

i did go online tonight and got the documenets i forgot. glad to see you coming. can always use one more firefighter :firefight my daughters are a bit younger- only 4 and 6. but so excited. its starting to be like the comercial for us. cant sleep :angel: . we will be leaving saturday and staying at wdw until we cruise.

now Kathy-
thanks again for info. pirate night again i am still lost. hmm maybe we should go get some pirate stuff- i like what denise and her family got, very cool dressing up with kids. my daughters told me they wanted to dress up too. but a single dad needs help with girls- any ideas what to buy my daughters pirate: . man i really am clueless here. ideas would be very helpful.

well getting closer and i cant wait till the night. we will see you all there- we will try and go to the meet and greet at 3pm- great idea Kathy again :thumbsup2

:firefight brian

Brian,
Pirate outfits for girls are easy. Lots of girls dress with boy pirate stuff as well as girls.
They will be given a pirate bandana at dinner to wear on their heads, so will you. That is a good start. White long sleeve blouses with lots of ruffles works good, long pants that are black or striped(vertical stripes) looks pirate like.
If you can find it a vest, dark color works too. Eye patches can be found at dollar stores most of the time, sometimes on the toy isles by the cheap trinket type toys you will find eye patches too. I have found them at our wal mart before. A cheap set of bright colored beads add to the look too.
I have a full pirate outfit but I am not bringing it this time. We are wearing pirate t-shirts and bandanas, maybe an eye patch too. A sash around the waist really looks good. You cant just find these anywhere, but if you buy a piece of silk material and cut it to be long enough to tie around their waist and hang down a bit to their sides. If the sides of the material frays you may have to ask someone to hem the edges, if you know someone with a sewing machine. It is a quick easy job to do. Hope this helps a little, maybe some of the other moms here can help you with some other ideas.
for some ideas do a google search for pirate costumes and on the sites they do have kids costumes(halloween costumes) that will give you some ideas.
Just to look at the pictures will really help. That is what I did for myself a year ago and then put a costume together myself from what I had seen.
Kathy

Hey Brian.

I just read your post about your WDW plans. We also will be there before the cruise. I noticed that you have yourself set up to park hop most days. Just a word of warning...these parks are located pretty far apart. You have to use either Disney transport or drive your car to hop. It's not like at CA where you can walk across the courtyard between Disneyland and CA Adventure. It depends on your and your girls' preference. I can see how some people would like to break up the day by hopping/possibly going back to hotel. The others in my family don't like that...we're in one park from opening to close. Again, it's definitely dooable to hop but wanted to make sure you knew there's travel involved.

We fly down this Friday evening...CAN'T WAIT!!!!!!!

Brian,
just thought about pirate stuff some more and realized that even though the pirates ride is closed the gift shop has been open. They do have pirate hats, scarves, t-shirts, plastic swords, eye patches and sometimes they carry an entire outfit. Mouse gears at Epcot also has a small pirate section. I know they had a costume there that was like the skelaton pirates in the movie. The bones on the costume glowed in the dark. They are located close to the princess dresses in the store. I dont know the prices though?? You might want to check it out if you dont have time to shop before the trip, I know your on the final countdown now, so time is limited.
kathy

ya thanks for the pirate info- that does help- going out today to try and find some stuff- :thumbsup2 ya i figured the sguttles would have to drive us around- but i am basically doing it for the dinner reservations. kinda had to to get into cinderallas table- girls really want that one- plus trying to get to the extra evening hours. i figured the shuttle ride would be a nice brake anyway. and if we had to we could run to hotel and rest a bit. we will play it by year. thanks though for info- so were are you staying at- were at carribean- girls liked the pool. well 3 more days and we fly out- getting excited. come on people no one else excited- see you guys at the cruise :banana:

My girls are way excited!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My 10 year old just told me that tomorrow is bring your child to work day so even though I don't work in the parks.....we are going!!! :)

Gonna pick up some pirate "stuff" too!!!!

8 more days!!!!!!

mom x4 said:
Brian,
I know they had a costume there that was like the skelaton pirates in the movie. The bones on the costume glowed in the dark.
kathy

That is the costume my son wore for Halloween and we are packing it for pirate night. Should he be in it for dinner or after?

Hi Kim,
On the 2 cruises we went on since they started the pirate party most went to dinner in their costumes. On the Navigator it says suggested dress for dinner was Pirate or Tropical attire. We go to dinner in out pirate shirts. They will give you a pirate bandana at dinner during the dessert course. Your wait staff will even tie it on your head for you.
Kathy

Hello All :wave: ! went out and bought us three pirate outfits pirate: . Now my daughters are very excited :banana: . my 4 yr old told me not to show her the pirate outfit until we get there because if she sees it now she will be to excited to sleep anymore- :rotfl2: kids you got to love them! And wal mart loves me- should buy stock there- i seem to be running there everyday to get things for trip :rotfl: well ill chat later- any new info please post- hate to forget something

brian :firefight

I've started packing things that are not worn everyweek (we live in PA so no swimsuits yet). I am also shipping boxes of baby supplies to the port later today. I think I am driving everyone including DS crazy talking about it.

Sooo excited. :banana:

I haven't checked this thread in a while, and wow, I missed alot!

We've started packing and are all very excited for our 1st cruise!

Will plan on meeting at 3pm at the Promenade lounge.

Me, DW Cyndi and 3 DD's fly down from NH saturday, and will be at WDW Poly prior to the cruise.

:cool1:

Roy

:wave: hey roy

we also fly in saturday. maybe see you around :cool1: - jk- we know how big the parks are. ya still running to walmart everyday :confused3 - but think i have almost everything and then some. but hey thats half the fun right. just not sure if everything will fit back in the bags when we leave, plus gifts. man i am so much in trouble!!!!! GETTING MORE EXCITED. 2 days and counting :cheer2:

Hi Roy,
I'm happy to hear you'll be at the meet. :woohoo:

Kim,
it sounds like you are very well organized for the cruise. :thumbsup2

Brian,
If you run out of room in the luggage, just run to walmart and buy another suitcase, I'm sure they will be happy to see you back again! :goodvibes
Or just have the girls wear their princess dresses over their pirate outfits and you'll have a lot of room for the rest of the stuff. :rotfl2:

Everyone one who is coming to the parks first, remember the sun :sunny: block, it has been really hot and sunny here for quite sometime. Today was humid as well.
We will be at one of the parks on saturday for awhile, not sure which one, but we will probably wind up at Epcot for the concert in the evening.

See everyone soon,
Kathy :wave:

We are so excited, everyday my girls are in their room before they get out bed and talking about how many days yesterday was and how many today would be!!!The countdown is on! Just have to do the father/daughter dance, the dance rehearsal, then the dance recital on Sunday and we are outta here! everyone is packed except for mom of course!

Roy ` we are flying down Sat from Green and will be at the Poly for 4 nights before the cruise, how old are your dds?

See you all in a few days!!!

Kate

The kids took their notes to teachers today, saying they will be absent next week. I haven't actually put anything in suitcases yet, but I'm gathering things. My closet is getting very crowded. We have a very busy weekend to get through before I can fully concentrate on packing. Of course, I'm having a hard time fully concentrating on our weekend activities, because I want to be packing. If I can just make it through Sunday afternoon, I'll be home free! Getting more excited every day!

Denise

Jake & Crew said:
Roy ` we are flying down Sat from Green and will be at the Poly for 4 nights before the cruise, how old are your dds?

Kate
DD's are 4, 6, 8, so they will all be in different clubs on the ship.

We fly from MHT and stay at POR Sat nite, then to Poly. We'll look for you around the Volcano :sunny:

Roy

i see more kids 4 and 6. very nice :thumbsup2 i am sure our kids will meet on cruise then. mine are also 4 and 6. diffently will see you on cruise in kids club area. hope everyone has everything packed and is all ready. i sure am not :confused3 well back to suit cases. and also looks like poly is place to be. i was told it was booked up. hmmmmmmmm oh well carribean should work. first trip so i wont no any better. :) i hope

brian :firefight

My husband and I just booked the May 4 cruise! I am very excited, and anyone I work with can verify that. It is all I have talked about since we booked the cruise on Thursday.

This will be our first Disney cruise and I can't wait to see the boat! We have cruised once before on a 5 day Carnival cruise. We had a great time on that cruise and intend to have an even better time on the Disney cruise.

I have been working a lot since Thursday, and I have to go to work again very soon. I just thought that I would check in and I will pay better attention to this thread when I am more awake.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter