May 3rd-10th****Dis Maytees-May Magic send off

We gave them their goodie bags and had them choose their door signs after dinner. There was much oohing and aahing over the T-shirt design which, if you are at the port early will see. Lisa did a design with 6 "peeps" ( Think Easter marshmallow chicks) on it each with a silly grin, Mickey ears and our names. The shirt reads "Cruisin' with my peeps!" and is so silly you cannot help but giggle. There was much grabbing of door signs as everyone picked their favorites.

Linda

Here are a few pics from our bon voyage party :)

We gave our buddies their shirts and then Linda led them to our front door and showed them all the magnets we had made and they were able to pick out the ones they wanted. They had a great time! Linda is such a fabulous cook and they loved dinner and our goodies bags and we're all so excited, we can hardly stand it. :woohoo:

Linda is off visiting her parents today, so I'm going to concentrate on my packing today. I've just thrown things at my suitcase ove the past week or so. It's downright scary! :scared1: But I'll whip it into shape by the end of the day.

Can't wait to meet you folks this weekend. Safe travels to the port!

Lisa

IMG_0583.jpg

IMG_0574.jpg

IMG_0585.jpg

Two things I haven't managed to do is to find a second bathing suit or get a big floppy sunhat. I tried on some that I liked at Target, but really I think I'm just going to stick with one. I hope it will air dry well because we certainly like to swim! As for the hat... I can't believe it... but no hats fit! It seems that every hat I try on is too small, what to do? Do I have a large skull or something? LOL

I'm having both of these problems, too! I've recently lost 45 lbs, so all new swimsuits for me! I've found one tankini/swimshort combo that I like, but after trying on countless others, can't find another I like. I just picked up a second at Costco (no changing rooms) but I don't like how it looks on, so I think it's going back. :sad2: I may be making do with one, also.

I've never been able to wear the one-size fits all hats. But I have had luck with most visors, because they are adjustable. You might try that route. I try not to think of it as having a "big head" but as having a big brain! :rotfl:

So sad to hear about sinnapice!!! That's my worst fear. A girl in my dd's class had chickenpox last week. :scared1: My kids have had the shots, but I've heard you can still catch a mild case. But it's NOT going to happen.

Heather -- I've seen those plane ear plugs at the store in our AAA office. So if you can't find any, check there. I'm sure it doesn't matter if you are a member or not.

Karen :cloud9:

My DH is just not well enough to go. He came home yesterday and 6 hours later they readmitted him. He passed out again while at home and had a seizure. My 5 year old daughter is so upset. But try explaining it, it is so hard. We decided if all is well that we will take a trip to Disney World in July. But, I just wish I could do something special for her to make up for it. Does anyone know if Disney has something that I can buy and have them send to her? I think that would put a little smile on her face. Anyway, have a great time and be sure to post pics and let me know how your trip was.
Best wishes!
Michelle

My DH is just not well enough to go. He came home yesterday and 6 hours later they readmitted him. He passed out again while at home and had a seizure. My 5 year old daughter is so upset. But try explaining it, it is so hard. We decided if all is well that we will take a trip to Disney World in July. But, I just wish I could do something special for her to make up for it. Does anyone know if Disney has something that I can buy and have them send to her? I think that would put a little smile on her face. Anyway, have a great time and be sure to post pics and let me know how your trip was.
Best wishes!
Michelle

I'm so sorry to hear that. I guess it could have been worse. At least this didn't start on the ship and you're in a foreign country trying to get medical attention. I hope you can eventually book another cruise. Main thing is to find out what is going on with your DH. Please keep us posted as to what you find out. We'll keep him in our prayers.

We gave our buddies their shirts and then Linda led them to our front door and showed them all the magnets we had made and they were able to pick out the ones they wanted. They had a great time! Linda is such a fabulous cook and they loved dinner and our goodies bags and we're all so excited, we can hardly stand it. :woohoo:

Linda is off visiting her parents today, so I'm going to concentrate on my packing today. I've just thrown things at my suitcase ove the past week or so. It's downright scary! :scared1: But I'll whip it into shape by the end of the day.

Can't wait to meet you folks this weekend. Safe travels to the port!

Lisa

IMG_0583.jpg

IMG_0574.jpg

IMG_0585.jpg

Brilliant photos and door signs! Well done!
Although...IMHO...you might have missed one...
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1523226&page=51&highlight=cruise+magnets

Girls just want to have fun? Will you all be good princesses? Or bad princesses? :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

Finally managed to make time to do some pictures for our door today!
Lyn

sinaspice Michelle - so sorry to hear that you will not be there!

As for Disney Merchandise, I know they have something called Deliverears for Disneyland - they can locate and ship anything from Disneyland, their number is 800-362-4533. Perhaps you can call them and see if they can also ship WDW/Disney Cruise Line items also.

Sending a big GET WELL SOON wish to your DH!

:) Dyan

Girls just want to have fun? Will you all be good princesses? Or bad princesses? :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

You know, I looked at that very design, LOL, but decided that NONE of us are close to being princess types (although Linda claims to be the Princess of Everything Else)! :rotfl:

I'll still keep it under consideration though...we might make more magnets after all!

Lisa

P.S. I think we will be very BAD princesses...especially after lots of fruity drinks!:banana:

When we tried the laminated/magnetic tape route, we found that taping the magnetic tape to the back of the laminated print with clear packaging tape (like the 3M stuff) worked really well. Held securely and didn't affect the magnetibility (?).

I found some crazy glue. It never hurts to have some around the house. And, the magnets are on the fridge and ready to go. I just did a name badge for DH and I, so if you pass our room, you'll know where we live! I also did some ears. :goodvibes

I've never been able to wear the one-size fits all hats. But I have had luck with most visors, because they are adjustable. You might try that route. I try not to think of it as having a "big head" but as having a big brain! :rotfl:

We actually went to Zellers (Canadian Target) and found a bathing suit today that I am pretty happy with. I also tried on a million more hats and decided that I am simply not a hat person. It is so funny 'cause I have always bugged DH about having a round head, and he looks just fine in lovely ladies sun hats... and they fit his head!!!!!!!!!! So, today he was bugging me about having a big head and little ears 'cause I can't wear my Ipod earphones, they hurt too much! :laughing:

Lisa and Linda, you two are amazing! I love the Peeps shirts... such a cute idea. When you described them, I couldn't picture it, but they look great! I also love your sign above the door too... the happily ever after one... I'm going to have to find something like that... :wizard:

Oh my... I have a feeling that although I actually have 5 more work days, they are going to fly by!!!!!!!!!! At least I certainly hope so. :woohoo:

I like the "big brain" thing! That's what I say about DH's hair; it's not receeding, his brain is advancing. He has a big head, too, and I was so terrified when I gave birth that DS was going to have his father's noggin! :scared1:

Michelle, I am so sorry about your husband! I hope you guys get his situation all taken care of. I know it must be really difficult to have to deal with your daughter's dissappointment on top of all your worries. I am sending out good thoughts to you guys! :flower3:

Best wishes!
Michelle

:( I'm sorry it's not going to work out for you...I hope he gets better soon.

IMG_0574.jpg

HOLY RUSTED METAL, BATMAN! Man is our door gonna look lame next to that! We just have the fish extender and MAYBE a magnet...GOOD GRIEF! :)

Some separate comments...I am pleased to say that the kids and I are fully packed (minus my make-up that I can't pack until Friday and even then, I'm already tan so I won't be packing a ton of stuff). My husband even got off his BUTT and packed too. He's about 90% there. So, at least I'll go on my business trip knowing I don't have to come home and spend 3 more hours pulling stuff together. I've got my pedicure and brow wax scheduled for 6:30 Monday evening. My niece (Mia Helena) is beautiful and my kids loved playing with their cousin (Sonja) who is Mia's older sister. Sonja is 2 1/2. :) My kids are excited about being fish fairies and we're counting down...I informed them we were down to one hand (5 days) and they got very excited. It's building for me...just got too stinkin' much to do. But I suppose that's not a bad thing since I'll be with my VP over the next couple days...I'll probably get excited on Thursday AFTER my presentation is done. At least I hope so! :)

Dawn,

All those door signs are being shared between all three of our doors. We have to make a few more as our friends chose some of the designs that we made for ourselves.

Also, the reason that I am known in our circle as the "Princess of Everything Else" is because our friend Robin, who is cruising with us is lovingly known as the "Queen of Everything". There may just be crowns made to identify us.....tee hee.

Linda

Linda-Even still...3 doors with all that...MY GOODNESS! (it's just jealousy, mind you...I think it's awesome). :thumbsup2

I'll probably have some time to 'chat' tomorrow, but after that, you probably won't hear from me until late Thursday (if then)....but will definitely be there for the meet at 3pm...

Ciao for now! I'm going to bed!
Dawn McG

HI Everybody! Wow!!!! we are down to 4 days till we leave. I am really getting excited now. :cheer2: :woohoo: :dance3:

My garage sale Saturday was a success. I made exactly $250 and most of it has already been spent buying stuff for the vacation. But the best part is that my house is getting decluttered since we took everything that didn't sell directly to the Goodwill. Now that that's over, I can fully concentrate on prepping for vacation. Yeah! :cool1:

My dd and I got pedicures this morning so my toes look great. But I am sorry to say, hers only lasted 2 hours till she scraped the big toe and ruined the pretty flower. I was so bummed. It was still fun to have that special time together. I am also bummed because I forgot to take my camera to capture her getting her first pedicure. I will figure a way to fix her big toes, the others are still fine. Now I just need to go buy that color of polish since I want to have my fingers done in that same color.

Oh Michelle,I am so sorry to hear about your husband. You guys are all in my prayers. I showed my DD (5 also mixed) your daughter's picture and she said that she was excited to meet her. That's got to be the hardest for you...telling her you can't go. I can't imagine.

If I were you, I wouldn't cancel your cruise if you got it at a 10% onboard discount....just postpone it. Could you switch the cruise to summer instead of WDW? WDW will be hot but your daughter would so enjoy it!

Like I said, you are in our prayers!

A couple pics of my new niece (and her proud Aunt). :)

IMG_0006-1.jpg

IMG_0010-1.jpg

Dawn McG

She is beautiful! I am scheduled to be an Aunt on May 13th... she is having a c-section, so we know right when it'll be. Very exciting to come back to! :banana: Have a great trip Dawn!!!!!!!! :cutie:

On another note, you won't believe it... we are so close to finishing up our packing... but I ran out of suitcase space. We thought we'd be ok with one suitcase each and one carry on each... it turns out we need another big one. So, I am getting it from my mom. I also can't believe it... but DH has misplaced our Sea Bands and the green bracelets we got through Ebay. :confused: He has a VERY BAD habit of throwing stuff out on accident. So, I hope that didn't happen. :scared1: We'll do a thorough search tonite... but I hope we can find them! :wizard:

She is beautiful! I am scheduled to be an Aunt on May 13th... she is having a c-section, so we know right when it'll be. Very exciting to come back to! :banana: Have a great trip Dawn!!!!!!!! :cutie:

On another note, you won't believe it... we are so close to finishing up our packing... but I ran out of suitcase space. We thought we'd be ok with one suitcase each and one carry on each... it turns out we need another big one. So, I am getting it from my mom. I also can't believe it... but DH has misplaced our Sea Bands and the green bracelets we got through Ebay. :confused: He has a VERY BAD habit of throwing stuff out on accident. So, I hope that didn't happen. :scared1: We'll do a thorough search tonite... but I hope we can find them! :wizard:

Thanks. :) We're all thrilled!

On the bands...we couldn't find green bands, per se, but went to Party City and got thin green bracelets (they are rubber like and came in a bag of like 16 (four different colors). They were like $3 for the whole bag...best I could do. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter