• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

May 3rd-10th****Dis Maytees-May Magic send off

Nails: WHOO HOO! Nail varnish! I cannot wear for work. Have to set good example. So is a waste time at weekend to strip off for Monday. I love for hols to be normal. I might paint em every night. (Well maybe not, cos I realise there is such a lot to do on the Magic lol)
Waxing: Oh yes! I know that one. Take double painkillers and a valium before you get in there! The most annoying thing I think is the way they always ask you...is it the wrong time of the month? (RIIIPPP OWCH>>) Because it always hurts more at that time..cue innocent bored smile. Grr. But oh boy! The results are well worth it.
Eyebrows: I find theading works quite well.anyone else tried it?

Lyn, what line of work are you in that "nail varnish" would be setting a bad example? And what is theading? I didn't wax the eyebrows, just planning on occassional plucking, but I just couldn't see wasting so much time on vacation to de-hair my legs EVERY FLIPPIN' DAY! (A must do for so many of us semitic types :sad2: )

I'm glad you survived your bikini wax...in my humble opinion though...I'll just keep wearing my bathing suits with the little skirts! :rotfl2: Seriously though. I won't even have my lip done. Just the eyebrows for me! And I am mega jealous of all of you getting your stuff done mid-week. Do you think my VP would mind if I go get a pedicure instead of doing my Ops Review presentation? :thumbsup2 :rotfl2: So...I am going with the pedicure either Sunday or Monday. Normally I don't give a hoot about my fingers, but am going to splurge on board and get a manicure Sunday morning (before we dock in Key West).

I still wear a couple of my skirtinis, but since I lost 40 lbs. almost three years ago, I figured why not reveal a tad more. I mean, what was all that hard work and sacrifice for anyway? :confused3 Sadly, after only one average sized baby, my days of bearing any midriff are over! :laughing:

Anyway, only a few months left of midweek indulgences! I've been lucky enough to be able to stay home with DS for three years, but come September it will be back to the classroom for teacher Bobbi! :upsidedow

No manicure, pedicure, eyebrow, bikini or any other waxing for this girl! What I can't get rid of myself doesn't come off and that is that!!

I admire you all who have taken the plunge and gone whole hog:worship:

We are having dinner with our traveling buddies tomorrow evening. Lisa has been manufacturing t-shirts and printing out door signs. I laminated and put magnet tape on all the door signs and they are now proudly displayed on the inside of our front door. They will all get to choose which ones they want for their doors.

We also did "goodie bags" full of fun and necessary things like sunscreen sticks, note pads, pens, a rain poncho (just in case), extension cords, chap stick, air freshener, sun visors, luggage tags, first aid kits, clothes pins, and all sorts of other stuff. It has been SO much fun putting these together.

Linda, you are too much fun! :worship: What lucky friends you guys have. The only thing I'm doing for my friend jdabi (who hasn't posted on this board in eons!) is picking him up booze at ABC to bring onboard! :thumbsup2 I have told jdabi about the 3:00 meet on Day One, and he plans on being there, so you guys will get to meet him and his lovely clan!

Tell me again who is booked for the Captain Marvin's Stingray Tour. I remember 2 of you doing it together so I signed up. Then someone decided to back out (you really shouldn't have....it would have been more fun with more of us)!! I can't find my paper now with notes and I don't have to time to read through ALL of the pages!

We were the ones who backed out, and believe me, it wouldn't have been fun for ANYONE if DS had decided he didn't like the three hour tour (a three hour tour...) :rolleyes1

What are you all doing on Key West? We were there 2 years ago and did the butterfly farm and went to the southernmost point for a picture. I have no idea what we are doing. Hmmm...we leave in 4 days, you'd think I'd know by now. I have things planned and then there are the holes....somewhat like my brain! It's together but boy are there holes! 2 kids later.

We are getting off the ship and visiting the aquarium, which I hear is very kid friendly. We will then stroll down Duvall Street with mandatory stops at the much ballyhooed conch fritter stand and The Blonde Giraffe for chocolate covered key lime pie on a stick (isn't everything better on a stick?) :lovestruc We will continue down to the Butterfly Conservatory (DS learned about metamorphasis in school recently and is psyched! :banana: ) and a picture at the southernmost point.

Hey, Heather! How did the FE hunt go? Did you find anything suitable?

I survived to tell the tale! ;) I'm smooth and sleek, and I must say that, like childbirth, I felt the anticipation of the pain exceeded the reality! While I wouldn't chose to do it if it weren't the best option for my purposes, I can actually see myself doing it again! I was a bit puffy for a couple of hours, but now (five hours later) the redness and bumps are almost all gone! Courage, ladies...you can do it, if you want! :thumbsup2

Yay! I'm so glad to hear that everything went well. I always find the anticipation is worse! I actually began waxing when I was 12 years old because I have some sort of phobia when it comes to tweezers! :rotfl: It's true! :confused3 And, before my wedding... I actually got the whole waxing package, from eyebrows down. I always stand by it to this day, that it really isn't as bad as one would think it is!

Also, about threading, it is a middle Eastern technique that uses your fingers and a peice of thread to remove hair. I had it done once on my eyebrows and I'll never do it again! I found it really quite aggrivating. It seems like people either love it or hate it.

Have a great weekend all...Not sure how much I'll be on line this weekend. To add to my ever so packed calendar of things to do, my sister just had her second baby so I'm off to Long Island on Sunday to meet my new niece.

Dawn McG

Have a wonderful weekend!

We are getting off the ship and visiting the aquarium, which I hear is very kid friendly. We will then stroll down Duvall Street with mandatory stops at the much ballyhooed conch fritter stand and The Blonde Giraffe for chocolate covered key lime pie on a stick (isn't everything better on a stick?) :lovestruc We will continue down to the Butterfly Conservatory (DS learned about metamorphasis in school recently and is psyched! :banana: ) and a picture at the southernmost point.

Oh Bobbi, I'm still wondering what to do here! Do you think it is feasible to walk all the way to the Southernmost Point? I figure if you can do Epcot, you can walk there? I wouldn't mind getting the trolley... but I'm much rather spend that $50 on yummies! :laughing: I think I'd rather wander the streets but I really do want to make it down there.

Two things I haven't managed to do is to find a second bathing suit or get a big floppy sunhat. I tried on some that I liked at Target, but really I think I'm just going to stick with one. I hope it will air dry well because we certainly like to swim! As for the hat... I can't believe it... but no hats fit! It seems that every hat I try on is too small, what to do? Do I have a large skull or something? LOL

Oh Bobbi, I'm still wondering what to do here! Do you think it is feasible to walk all the way to the Southernmost Point? I figure if you can do Epcot, you can walk there? I wouldn't mind getting the trolley... but I'm much rather spend that $50 on yummies! :laughing: I think I'd rather wander the streets but I really do want to make it down there.

Two things I haven't managed to do is to find a second bathing suit or get a big floppy sunhat. I tried on some that I liked at Target, but really I think I'm just going to stick with one. I hope it will air dry well because we certainly like to swim! As for the hat... I can't believe it... but no hats fit! It seems that every hat I try on is too small, what to do? Do I have a large skull or something? LOL

Absolutely feasible! I read it was something like two miles from the north to the south end of the island. I was told the butterfly conservatory was not to be missed by my sister who visited without children. If I were kid-free, I'd want to visit the Hemingway house, but then I'm an English geek and DH is a journalist, so that would be a natural. I don't know if that's your thing.

I seem to have the opposite problem with hats---I'm a pinhead. They're always too big! I can wear DS's baseball caps!:laughing:

and we leave for our much anticipated Disney cruise next Saturday. The Doctors say it is alright for him to go and gave him the :thumbsup2 but his condition is recurring so it is going to a very interesting vacation.He will be released today but I'm still a little worried.

and we leave for our much anticipated Disney cruise next Saturday. The Doctors say it is alright for him to go and gave him the :thumbsup2 but his condition is recurring so it is going to a very interesting vacation.He will be released today but I'm still a little worried.

Sorry to hear about your DH... hopefully he will be feeling better... be able to relax and enjoy the vacation.

I'm so sorry that happened. Hopefully you bought the trip insurance in case something does go wrong again and you can't go.

I'm sending lots of good wishes and pixie dust your way that that doesn't happen. pixiedust:pixiedust:pixiedust:

:wizard: I am sending lots of pixie dust your way. I hope all goes great during your vacation! :goodvibes

:goodvibes Good thoughts your way, sinaspice! May the Disney "Magic" be with you and all be well on this vacation!

Lyn, what line of work are you in that "nail varnish" would be setting a bad example? And what is theading? I didn't wax the eyebrows, just planning on occassional plucking, but I just couldn't see wasting so much time on vacation to de-hair my legs EVERY FLIPPIN' DAY! (A must do for so many of us semitic types :sad2: )

I still wear a couple of my skirtinis, but since I lost 40 lbs. almost three years ago, I figured why not reveal a tad more. I mean, what was all that hard work and sacrifice for anyway? :confused3 Sadly, after only one average sized baby, my days of bearing any midriff are over! :laughing:

Anyway, only a few months left of midweek indulgences! I've been lucky enough to be able to stay home with DS for three years, but come September it will be back to the classroom for teacher Bobbi! :upsidedow

Linda, you are too much fun! :worship: What lucky friends you guys have. The only thing I'm doing for my friend jdabi (who hasn't posted on this board in eons!) is picking him up booze at ABC to bring onboard! :thumbsup2 I have told jdabi about the 3:00 meet on Day One, and he plans on being there, so you guys will get to meet him and his lovely clan!

We were the ones who backed out, and believe me, it wouldn't have been fun for ANYONE if DS had decided he didn't like the three hour tour (a three hour tour...) :rolleyes1

Hey, Heather! How did the FE hunt go? Did you find anything suitable?
Hi,

Some women from disboards is mailing me a fish extender! Do you believe how nice people are??? I bought a tote bag just in case it doesn't come ontime:)

Heather

My son got his first ear infection:confused: He is five and picks days before our vacation to get his first ear infection. The Dr. said the flight might hurt him a little. Porr little guy:) I hope he gets bettr quick!

Is everyone ready???

I am NOT!

Heather

My son got his first ear infection:confused: He is five and picks days before our vacation to get his first ear infection. The Dr. said the flight might hurt him a little. Porr little guy:) I hope he gets bettr quick!

Is everyone ready???

I am NOT!

Heather

I'm not ready either! You little guy might have a hard time with the flight but you can try these ear plugs called Ear Planes. They are supposed to help. I flew once with a head cold and I thought my head was going to pop!

I'm not ready either! You little guy might have a hard time with the flight but you can try these ear plugs called Ear Planes. They are supposed to help. I flew once with a head cold and I thought my head was going to pop!
Great advice Iam going to try to get them tomorrow:) Thanks

Heather

Ok. Tomorrow start my last 3 shifts before vacation! I can heardly wait. Of course I'll be deep in work & exhausted for the next 3 days. But Come Wednesday I'll be ready for 2 hectic & furious days of packing before heading out on Friday!

I'm so EXCITED!!!!!

~Alison

Ok, you evillllll peer-pressuring crazeee people!!! My eyebrows are now threaded and my DH says I have a hole in my eyebrow! No, not a strip of hair missing from the middle of my eyebrow, just a bloody spot from having my eyebrows forcibly plucked! :laughing: *yeouch* I went in for a color touch-up for my roots and came out with a new hair cut, threaded eyebrows, highlights, and touched up hair...! :dance3: I have lost my durn mind, evidently.

I -need- this cruise to start soon before I lose my mind. Working this week is going to be :dance3: <--that's the closest smilie I can find for crazy me.

Linda, next time I'll listen to you and leave well enough alone. You'll be able to recognize me next year by my gorilla eyebrows. :rotfl:

See ya'll soon. Linda, have a safe drive and enjoy your party with your friends. Dawn, congrats on the new neice! Everyone else, take care and see ya at 3 at the Promenade. :woohoo:

imheather: Children's Benadryl, if you can, for the plane to thin the mucus and possibly put him to sleep for the flight, and fruit chewies to equalize the pressure in your child's ears?

Well,

Our "Bon Voyage" party was a huge success. I cooked a wonderful herbed, garlic, panko encrusted chicken and banana pudding and the rest of the gang brought the sides.

We gave them their goodie bags and had them choose their door signs after dinner. There was much oohing and aahing over the T-shirt design which, if you are at the port early will see. Lisa did a design with 6 "peeps" ( Think Easter marshmallow chicks) on it each with a silly grin, Mickey ears and our names. The shirt reads "Cruisin' with my peeps!" and is so silly you cannot help but giggle. There was much grabbing of door signs as everyone picked their favorites.

We finalized plans, and will meet up again at the hotel in Port Canaveral. 4 of us are driving down together and the other 2 are going down a day early.

I had a little 'oops' today. I went to see my nephew play soccer. It was sunnier than was expected and I did not put on any sunscreen. I got home an hour and a half later with a wicked sunburn!!! I generally don't burn that quickly. I realized later on that a new medication that I am taking makes me more sensitive to the sun. Needless to say I am glad that I found out now, and not after an 8 hour day in the sun. Live and learn I guess.

Linda

If you have a moment, please send a hug to sinaspice. They're going to have to cancel after all, due to her DH's health issues. I suggested rescheduling, versus cancelling.

She posted this on the DCL main board.

Well,

Our "Bon Voyage" party was a huge success. I cooked a wonderful herbed, garlic, panko encrusted chicken and banana pudding and the rest of the gang brought the sides.

We gave them their goodie bags and had them choose their door signs after dinner. There was much oohing and aahing over the T-shirt design which, if you are at the port early will see. Lisa did a design with 6 "peeps" ( Think Easter marshmallow chicks) on it each with a silly grin, Mickey ears and our names. The shirt reads "Cruisin' with my peeps!" and is so silly you cannot help but giggle. There was much grabbing of door signs as everyone picked their favorites.

We finalized plans, and will meet up again at the hotel in Port Canaveral. 4 of us are driving down together and the other 2 are going down a day early.

I had a little 'oops' today. I went to see my nephew play soccer. It was sunnier than was expected and I did not put on any sunscreen. I got home an hour and a half later with a wicked sunburn!!! I generally don't burn that quickly. I realized later on that a new medication that I am taking makes me more sensitive to the sun. Needless to say I am glad that I found out now, and not after an 8 hour day in the sun. Live and learn I guess.

Linda

Linda, you are so creative and your chicken made me sooooooo hungry!

Sounds like a great time.

I actually made some door magnets (at work) yesterday, we weren't too busy. I sent my images off to a local print shop and had them lamintated. I bought some of that magnetic tape to stick to the back of them... just a few. And, I realized that it doesn't stick!!!!!!!! So, since we are in a new home, I scoured the whole place for some glue, and we have none. I'll be on the lookout for glue today.

It's terrible to hear about cinnaspice. I believe that is everyone's worst nightmare, at least mine... :scared1: Best wishes to her and her husband.

I bought some of that magnetic tape to stick to the back of them... just a few. And, I realized that it doesn't stick!!!!!!!! So, since we are in a new home, I scoured the whole place for some glue, and we have none. I'll be on the lookout for glue today.

When we tried the laminated/magnetic tape route, we found that taping the magnetic tape to the back of the laminated print with clear packaging tape (like the 3M stuff) worked really well. Held securely and didn't affect the magnetibility (?).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter