• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

May 3rd-10th****Dis Maytees-May Magic send off

:sad2: Boy that hurt, it took me a few hours to get over that.:sad2: When I got to work I had to ask for a :grouphug: from my co-workers. It took alot of convincing but I finally got one. So, I am better now

Just kidding, the office I work in you have to have tough skin. So, that was nothing. All is :thumbsup2

Jon

By the way down to 39hours 5 min :banana:

Sorry I was only kidding. If it makes you feel any better I'm more of an extrovert than I used to be too. :grouphug: That's why I want DH to try on his clothes. Some of my clothes don't fit any more either. :lmao:

Saturday 5/3 now shows up in the 10 day forcast :cool1:

The weather for Orlando on Saturday 5/3 is:

Partly Cloudy
High 87
Low 69

:beach:

I can't believe it's so close! We leave on the 30th and are staying a few days before hand at Coronado Springs and going to Animal Kingdom one day. We haven't been to that park yet and with little ones, I think it's a good idea. Anyone been there? Any tips?

We are heading down early to spend sometime at WDW as well. Working on scheduling a meet with Yvet before the cruise. If you would like to met let me know. We'll be leaving at 4:30am on April 25 (24hours to go) I'll be checking the site until then.

Jon

Hi Rat-a-too-ee,

I dont know if this helps but according to the xcaret website (xcaratdotcom):

You can pay for all your purchases within the park with American Express, Master Card or VISA. For your convenience we have an ATM machine in the Museum.

I don't have tags on anything and will let my kids know that 'we' are the fish fairies...that they are 'special' people that bring gifts to others...that kind of tihng.

Animal Kingdom...must see's for little ones...LION KING, LION KING, LION KING...did I mention...LION KING? That is far and away my favorite show there. Kiliminjaro Safari's is also good. I recommend doing that FIRST or getting a fast pass because the lines get long quick. Plus, more animals are out in the morning when it isn't as hot. Pocahontas & her Forest Friends is nice. Take the train back to Rafiki's Planet Watch. We saw Rafiki, Jiminy Cricket, Pocahontas back there. Flights of Wonder is also cool...we had skipped it a few times and finally went and saw it and enjoyed it. Did I mention LION KING? :) For 'food', I recommend YAK & YETI...specifically the Lettuce Cups. If you're on the dining plan, it won't work because it's an appetizer, but OMG they are SO AWESOME!

Faith & Hope---above are the tips I gave previously. Someone else mentioned the Nemo show. It's ok, but in my opinion, doesn't compare to Lion King. Probably because NEMO as a musical is just weird to me. But it's ok. If you've never seen it, I'd go...I just like the other things on my list better. :)

Dawn McG

Yaahhhh!!!! My head is going to explode!!!
:banana: :cheer2: :yay: :woohoo: :hourglass :jumping1:

Me too!!!!!!!!!!!!! Do you know I could barely sleep last nite? If this is what happens now... what is going to happen when we are at the Hyatt MCO? I hate the nite that I stay at airport hotels, usually DH and I chat all nite, order pizza, watch movies, and just can't sleep.

Saturday 5/3 now shows up in the 10 day forcast :cool1:

The weather for Orlando on Saturday 5/3 is:

Partly Cloudy
High 87
Low 69

:beach:

I can deal with this!!!!!!!! :woohoo: It is pretty warm here now, but chilly in the evenings!

I was wondering where all this excitement was yesterday! :jumping1:

I'm counting down to when I start my vacation. So I hit single digits yesterday. :banana:

Me too!!!!!!! I was wondering where all the DIS people were. I checked all the main boards and kept refreshing my User CP to see if anyone was posting. I guess we were all enjoying the regular life. :rotfl:

DH and I finished our packing LIST last night. Complete with all the little extras. I have a few clothes (new ones) to take to get some alterations done and some things that need ironing ect. Do you think I should trust the onboard dry cleaning with my formal dress? We also tried all of our formal/semi formal stuff and tried to coordinate somewhat... :dance3:

Whenever people ask me when my trip is... I can now say "next Friday!"... Soon, we'll be able to say... FRIDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!! :cheer2:

Hey, guys! I was gloating on the "How many days until you cruise" thread yesterday. :rotfl:

misslissa: I would trust the onboard dry cleaning. Heck, with Disney's reputation of service, I would trust them a lot more than the neighborhood dry cleaner I've never used. :laughing:

DH and I ran down the "to-do's" last night. I get the feeling he's getting excited, too. :laughing: Usually he just waits until the last minute to get his list from me, so it was strange that he was the one initiating the conversation. Dog needs her bordatella on Saturday morning, then the lawn needs to be cut again before we leave, etc, etc, for his list.

This will be me for a while: :laundy: :thumbsup2

I work all weekend, so DH is going to be the one who is executing the "to do" list. I also had to take the dog in yesterday because she had an eye infection in both eyes. Of course, DH ended up loading her up with all kinds of heartworm and flee meds as well. So, we paid a small fortune :sad2: Anyway, it was kind of funny... our last name is Gonzalez. When I looked at the bill from the vet when I got home yesterday... It said Cookie (that's my dog) Santos. And, I declared to DH that they must have gotten our Cookie confused with another Cookie who is also Spanish. :rotfl: There are hardly any Spanish people in our community. It was kind of weird. :laughing:

Anyway, the reason that I brought up my dog is because my mom is going to be staying at our house taking care of the dog for the entire time that we'll be away. Mom lives in a very rural area, and we live in an urban area, so this will give her a bit of a vacation to do lots of shopping she doesn't normally do. This also kind of adds to our to do list. I want to leave lots of food in the house for her, I also want it to be super clean! :eek: So, there is a lot to do in the next little while.......

What are you doing with your pets?

My Jupiter is staying at my in-laws. It is vacation for him too because my inlaws spoil him:)

Heather and Jupiter (king charles spaniel)

Our Shiba Inu goes to doggie spa, aka, her favorite kennel. She has a blast! We get back a very tired and very happy puppy. :thumbsup2 They adore her there, which is a relief. My mom is set up to receive any emergency calls, and there's a vet clinic on site that has our dog's records.

Although my vacation does not officially begin until Wednesday 4/30, once I get rid of the "on call" evil phone on Saturday it will feel like I am on vacation then. :banana:

We still have a ton of things to do. Lisa spent most of the evening making coustomized t-shirts for our gang to wear when we board. We are also doing a few extra for ourselves.

The packing is well underway and the shopping (what little we both did) is done.

Now I just have to clean the house, cut the grass and we will be totally ready.

Can't wait!!!!!!

Linda

I'm hoping the neighbors will say some kind words to Star and Lovie as they open the tank hood to drop the fish flakes in! :laughing:

Melissa, I did not not sleep more than a couple of hours each night of our last cruise, I was so excited! And I'm a 7 hour a night minimum kinda gal!

Re the Flat Stanleys
I have to bring Cow. (I work on a Oncology/Haematology unit and a small tatty foam Cow toy donated from a drug rep has become a superstar and a bit of fun amonst the staff.)
Cow has been on holiday to many places, including Prague, Canaries, India. And we have a photo scrap book to prove it.
But she has never experienced a cruise or a roller coaster. I am charged with obtaining photos of both.:confused:
Perhaps she could meet Flat Stanley.

Lyn

Oh my....
Just look at our tickers :cool1: :banana: :dance3: :cheer2:

I don't know about sleeping the night before, I swear I won't sleep for the next week!

How exciting!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :goodvibes

Cow and Flat Stanley should meet Mickey too!?! And, like I said before, the dessert buffet.... Jack Sparrow.... Man, you could get so many amazing photo ops!!!!!!!!

We have 2 BIG dogs and 4 cats...we used to board the dogs, but that got SO expensive. And since we have to bring someone in to feed the cats anyway, we just have them come over a few times each day so the dogs can to out and do their business. The cats are pretty funny...they've been sitting on our suitcases...I think they know we're leaving for vacation (again). :rotfl2:

And as much as it bugs the Type A in me, I can't fully finish packing until after I return from my business trip on the 1st. I have a couple business casual shirts that are coming with me that I need for the business trip. THANKFULLY, I got my flight moved up so that I should be home by 10pm versus 11:30... (ugh). :)

Dawn McG

Lyn,

Flat Stanley and Cow should definitely meet. I have a funny feeling that a great deal of this trip is going to be finding Kodak moments for Flat Stanley......could be fun ( and dangerous LOL)

Can't wait to meet you onboard.

Linda

Hi Rat-a-too-ee,

I dont know if this helps but according to the xcaret website (xcaratdotcom):

You can pay for all your purchases within the park with American Express, Master Card or VISA. For your convenience we have an ATM machine in the Museum.

Plutofan - thank you so much for the info, I didn't realize they even had a website! Using a credit card will save me so much grief!

Okay... now my very last question... is there a list online somewhere of the current first-run movies that they are showing at the theater on the ship?

Thanks,
:) Dyan

Hi, guys. Just wanted to say hi and 8 days until I leave for vacation!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Been away on business. I am running in a marathon this weekend, so with both of those things going on, I'm scrambling. Packing is definitely scheduled for next week.

Hope everyone is doing really well. I got the last of my FE extender gifts while I was out. Woohoo.

Thanks, everybody, for making the wait so much the more enjoyable ;-)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter