May 31, 2017 vs. October 6, 2017

SDFgirl

<font color=teal>Weekend spelunker<br><font color=
Any advice would be great. We usually plan WDW trips around fall break, but I've been looking at the few days after Memorial Day instead. Trip would be 6 nights. Any opinions on which would be a better time to go? Thanks a million

That late in May through early June Disney doesn't have any special events going on. Flower and Garden will end a few days before you arrive. Weather-wise there won't be much difference between then and your October dates.

October gives you Food and Wine and MNSSHP.

With your fully immersive Fantasy cruise in July, I think a park vacation in October is a better plan than one before the cruise.

That late in May through early June Disney doesn't have any special events going on. Flower and Garden will end a few days before you arrive. Weather-wise there won't be much difference between then and your October dates.

October gives you Food and Wine and MNSSHP.

With your fully immersive Fantasy cruise in July, I think a park vacation in October is a better plan than one before the cruise.

Thanks! Any difference in crowd levels?

I was recently in Orlando for a couple of weeks and left October 4th. Crowd levels were very low at that time but after the hurricane, all the rescheduling that occurred seems to have increased crowd levels.

Your May dates are the beginning of summer vacation for many families. I've been in mid-June a few times and it was more crowded than the times I've been in September and October.

October would be decorated for fall with fall parties and food and wine. I would think the temps would be similar but October has more of a threat of hurricanes. Personally I would choose October because of the festivities.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter