• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

May 31, 2014 Fantasy Eastern Caribbean Meet thread!

I will have 2 very shy kids traveling with me: DD (turning 13 in April) and DS (celebrating his 9th bday onboard). I'm really hoping I can get them to participate in some of the kids' activities. Looking forward to meeting everyone! ~Michelle

Welcome Michelle! Look back at some of Jason's early posts. His daughter Jordan is coordinating an email group for the Tweens on the cruise. May help your daughter to get to know some other kids in her age group on the cruise. And there does seem to be a whole bunch of 11 -13 yo girls! My DD is 11 and she's really enjoying getting to know some of the others that she'll see on the ship.

Happy birthday for your DS indeed!

Hi all! Just decided on a whim to book our first Disney cruise, so we will be joining you! We have cruised before, but never on a Disney ship. I'm a little overwhelmed with all the info and I have no idea what a fish extender is! LOL I literally just booked our cruise about an hour ago and have been researching ever since. I think I currently have about 15 tabs open...I start looking at one thing and get distracted by something else almost immediately. Look...a squirrel! :) I will

Michelle, I literally Laughed Out Loud when I read, "Look...a squirrel"! My DH says that about ME all the time! Welcome! And WOW! Just now booking a Disney cruise! I'm glad there was a room left! Y'all will LOVE it!!!

Ok..this is my first post every.. My wife, 10yr. son & 4 yr daughter are going cruising with all of you friendly folks, we are from Oklahoma.

My family (mom, dad, brother, sister-in-law and niece are going as well) but they probably won't be joining this group.

Please forgive me, I am not sure of all of the short hand on here, also can anyone tell me what the FE thing is???

Ok..this is my first post every.. My wife, 10yr. son & 4 yr daughter are going cruising with all of you friendly folks, we are from Oklahoma. My family (mom, dad, brother, sister-in-law and niece are going as well) but they probably won't be joining this group. Please forgive me, I am not sure of all of the short hand on here, also can anyone tell me what the FE thing is???

Welcome! We are state neighbors... Kansans here! FE = Fish Extender. It is a sort of gift exchange you can sign up to do. You hang a fish extender outside your door with a pocket for each family member. Others in your FE group will put gifts in your pockets, and you would give gifts to the other people in your FE group.

Who do I need to talk to about signing up for the FEs

I believe either Jason Rader or Kayla Coate on the Facebook page. There is a "pinned post" at the very top of the page. I am not sure which of the two are taking care of the newcomers!

Hello everyone! What a thrill to see so many new folks joining our sailing! If you haven't yet, please find JnDRader's post and read it. It is the very first post on page 1. In it you will find directions to the FaceBook site for our cruise. The FB page is very active, and it is a great place to get you questions answered, etc. There are several of us who try to keep this thread in the loop, but if you want up to the minute updates, then FB is the place. (On a personal note, I have never used FB until this cruise. I set up a basic account under a pseudonym and activated all of the privacy options. Everyone in the cruise group knows, and I am having a blast connecting on the cruise page. Don't count FB out if you aren't already on it)

Most of the FE groups are closed, but there will probably be an open one if you want to participate.

There is a rubber band (rainbow loom, etc.) bracelet exchange sign-up for kids. There are currently 12 kiddos signed up. If we get to 24 I will split the group to keep it manageable. You can sign up on FB, or PM me here with your child's first name and stateroom # if you want to be included. Include your email, and I will email the completed list to you a couple of weeks before the cruise. :yay:

There is a private champagne tasting being coordinated, but we need 25 people to book this. We currently have 11 signed up. It is $30 per person for 5champagnes. It is on June 5th from 2pm-3pm in Ooh-La-La. Sign up on FB, or PM me with your full name and stateroom number.

There will be a meetup for everyone who wants to come on the first day of the cruise at 2:30 in the D-Lounge. This meet is free and open to anyone on this or the FB site. JnDRader organized this for us.

I believe either Jason Rader or Kayla Coate on the Facebook page. There is a "pinned post" at the very top of the page. I am not sure which of the two are taking care of the newcomers!

Per Kayla's request I'll be handling the newcomers. We do have a FE group open and whenever they decide that they've reached their group limit we'll create a new one.

We are taking this cruise to celebrate my daughters graduation from high school. Hubby is staying home with other younger daughter and cat/dogs. So it will be a mother/daughter trip. We are so excited! Just the girls! Woohoo! But if by some chance my daughter wants to hang with cruisers her own age (you know she will) are there any meet and greets for the 18-20 crowd set up yet?

We are traveling with our 3 Granddaughters (8 mos, 3 3/4 and 17, and it so happens that our oldest is also grauating from HS right before this cruise. Our GD is only 17 , so no 18-20 for her. Any other HS graduates sailing with us?:cheer2:

We are traveling with our 3 Granddaughters (8 mos, 3 3/4 and 17, and it so happens that our oldest is also grauating from HS right before this cruise. Our GD is only 17 , so no 18-20 for her. Any other HS graduates sailing with us?:cheer2:

My daughter is graduating from HS.!

New to the thread! We are excited to be cruising again! We even booked the same stateroom as last year! It will be Me, DH, DD -Scout (8yrs) and DD - Penelope (6yrs)

We are up for FE or other swaps!

New to the thread! We are excited to be cruising again! We even booked the same stateroom as last year! It will be Me, DH, DD -Scout (8yrs) and DD - Penelope (6yrs)

We are up for FE or other swaps!

Hi Ronda! If you haven't already joined, there is a Facebook group for this sailing. The info is in the first post in this thread by JnDRader. That's where you can sign up for an FE group (there are now 6 different groups but I think one is still open) and other groups (even a rubber band bracelet making group), meet-ups, etc.

My grandkids are ages 8 and 5.

Welcome!

Welcome! I am new this group as well. Had to change cruise dates. My DS will be 16 1/2 at cruise time.

I also have a 16 year old son who will be almost 17 at cruise time - there are a few 16 year old boys on the cruise in our group.

Hi, I'm excited about our upcoming Disney Fantasy cruise! This will be our first Disney cruise and my 11 yr old daughter's first cruise ever! Can't wait!

Hi, I'm excited about our upcoming Disney Fantasy cruise! This will be our first Disney cruise and my 11 yr old daughter's first cruise ever! Can't wait!

Welcome!

If you haven't yet check out the cruise Facebook page too! Over 150 members strong. There's a tween email list if your daughter is interested. There are also various pre-cruise meets being planned in addition to the on board meet.

Jason

Welcome! If you haven't yet check out the cruise Facebook page too! Over 150 members strong. There's a tween email list if your daughter is interested. There are also various pre-cruise meets being planned in addition to the on board meet. Jason

Yes, Jason. I sent you a FB message to ask how to get on the cruise FB page. Let me know. Thanks!

Just wanted to say HI....I'm brand new to this board so please pardon any newbie mistakes that I may make...lol My husband and I are taking our 18 yr old niece on this cruise as her high school graduation present from us. This will be our very first Disney cruise.....she and I are soooo excited that it's hard to keep our feet on the ground. We would love to meet others and do the F/E if it's not too late (if it is I totally understand). Is there anything else I should know before we go (other then the basics)?

Just wanted to say HI....I'm brand new to this board so please pardon any newbie mistakes that I may make...lol My husband and I are taking our 18 yr old niece on this cruise as her high school graduation present from us. This will be our very first Disney cruise.....she and I are soooo excited that it's hard to keep our feet on the ground. We would love to meet others and do the F/E if it's not too late (if it is I totally understand). Is there anything else I should know before we go (other then the basics)?
l

Hello and welcome aboard!
We have a very friendly and active FB group, send Jason Radar a friend request and he can get you added to the group
Lots of great info on there
We are having a meet up on embarkation day so be sure to come along. It's at 2:30 in the D Lounge :-)

I THINK I sent Jason a message....there was no picture and no location (there were 3 to pick from when I did a search)....if anyone has any other suggestions in case I didn't find the right Jason please let me know. TIA :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter