May 31, 2014 Fantasy Eastern Caribbean Meet thread!

Currently on hold to book and join in on the fun!!!! It will by myself (Jen), my hubby (Chad) and our two boys (JR who is 11 and Alex who will be turning 10 on the cruise on June 4). Thought I'd post while I was waiting! We are from WV and in desperate need of something warm to look forward to ;-) This will be our 3rd DCL cruise, 2nd on the Fantasy. Last time we did the Eastern, my boys and I actually didn't get off the ship outside of a couple of hours on Castaway Cay to check out the (then) new water play area, haha :-) Looking forward to seeing some of the sites this time :-)

It looks like I have a LOT of catching up to do on here!!! Think I'll do a little looking around while I wait… Soooo excited!!!! Will be back when we're "official!" :-D

Door Decorations - One of the things we love doing in preparation for the cruise is decorating our stateroom door. I am not very crafty but I tend to do okay for the cruise. We have a Cricut (it is an electronic die cutting machine with various themed cartridges) and use that to make things for the door. Disney will only allow the use of magnetic items to the door (or they charge a fine - I think $100) so we buy the magnets that can be cut from Michaels and attach to the back of the cut outs. You can also buy things to decorate your doors on-line. We enjoy walking all the floors to see how others decorate their doors.

Has anyone had dinner at Remy? We always sign up to go but then get intimidated by the menu and end up cancelling. Our tastes are kind of boring and we aren't sure if it is worth the extra $75 per person. I would love to hear other peoples opinions and recommendations.

We are boring and I am running out of time so I will just answer some of the questions....

1. Where do you live?
45 minutes from WDW. We used to live in Wisconsin but always dreamed of moving to Florida. We are going on 4 years in Florida and absolutely love it! The funny thing is that we used to go to Disney more when we lived out of state. Now, we are just way too busy with year round outdoor sports that we have very little free time.

2. Married? How long?
15 years

3. Do you have kids? How old will they be when we cruise?
Son 14, Daughter 12

4. Do you have any pets?
Yes, a 4yo Golden Retriever and 3yo Black Lab. They have such a wonderful grandma who is willing to fly down from WI to stay at our house and dog site while we are cruising. I can't believe our very excited puppies didn't scare her away after last year.

5. What do you do for a living?
DH and I are both in IT

10. Where did you go to school/college? What did you major in?
We both went to college in Wisconsin with Computer and Business majors.

11. Do you like to watch/play sports? What kind? Fave team?
We are always at kids sporting events - our daughter plays baseball on an all boys team and our son plays soccer. Our daughter is the biggest sports fan in the house - The Milwaukee Brewers and Green Bay Packers.

12. What do you like to do in your spare time / hobbies?
No spare time for mom... But, the rest of the family have become hooked on runDisney Events. My DH just completed his 6th Disney Marathon and just completed the Goofy and Doopey Challenges. Our son is now old enough for the Disney 1/2 marathons and completed 2. Our daughter just started doing the 10 mile and 10K runs. Our son and daughter are excited to do the Expedition Everest Challenge in May.

13. Favorite vacation ever?
Anything Disney! We are DVC members and love it!

14. What would you say your fashion style is?
Casual/athletic/comfortable

15. When is your bday?
My kids and DH are all within 8 days of each other. They have all celebrated a birthday on a cruise at some point. The cruise really makes it special for the kids - especially the younger kids. My birthday is the same as Mickey Mouses and have I ever been to Disney World on my birthday day - NO!!! (I am not bitter or anything - lol)

16. Are you an introvert or extrovert?
Both for all of us. Although the kids always get mad at me when we go places because I end up talking with too many people:-)

17. How many times have you been to WDW?
Too many times to count! This will be the 7th cruise my DH and me. The kids are excited they will finally be Gold Castaway members.

18. Who is your favorite DISNEY CHARACTER?!?
Mickey Mouse for me. My DH says Pluto but he is more "Doopey" or "Goofy" (just my opinion). Nothing Princess for my tomboy DD - although we think she is sassy like Tinkerbell:-) Our DS doesn't have a favorite.

19. Favorite thing about Disney World/Land/Cruise
Exceptional Quality - Something for everyone

Now - I can finally send PM's - Yeah!!!!

Any chance Frozen will be playing on the Disney theatre? I see it is playing in the fantasy now.

If I was a betting person I would say yes, it will be. Plus we should be getting Captain America and Maleficent as they always seem to show the very latest release :)

We're booking on the Fantasy for the first time, although we've cruised with Disney 4 other times so now we'll have sailed on all Disney ships.

Looking forward to cruising with all of you. :yay:

I'm Karen and I'm cruising with hubby, Mario, and son, Brian (19).

Look forward to your updates as we near sailing :)

Wondering what the FB page is for the Fish Extenders. Would like to check it out before I decide since last time we had a huge amount participating.

Wondering what the FB page is for the Fish Extenders. Would like to check it out before I decide since last time we had a huge amount participating.

Welcome!

The very first post of the thread has the information to be added to the Facebook page. That's where we primarily communicate and have a file for the current FE set-up. At this point, I believe we are starting a new list (our fourth one) for new additions.

Has anyone had dinner at Remy? We always sign up to go but then get intimidated by the menu and end up cancelling. Our tastes are kind of boring and we aren't sure if it is worth the extra $75 per person. I would love to hear other peoples opinions and recommendations.

We ate dinner at Remy on Fantasy in December 2012. Loved it. Was our 20th anniversary and they made it very special. Our table was tucked away and quite private and the service was phenomenal (even for Disney). We are probably considered foodies by friends and were very happy with the menu. Remy reminded me a lot of Victoria & Albert's at GF - and I found out later why;)

The food is not bland but I didn't consider it exotic though the menu will most likely be different in June.

It's official!!! We are booked!!!! With this crazy winter, I am SOOOOO happy to have this to look forward to! We haven't told the kids yet-- since we are heading to the airport straight from the last day of school, I'm debating on just surprising them. We did that before when we told them we were visiting a friend and just staying there for a week… We were just "driving around" and our youngest, as if on cue, saw the boat-- we said that we would stop to look at it and then suggested taking pictures so we could send them to my parents to make them think we went on it… I had "My Mom and Dad Surprised Me with a Cruise" hats that I handed them for the pic, but I was taking video the whole time instead :) Priceless! Don't want them to think we're hopping on a boat every time we take a road trip though, haha :)

Anyway-- SOOOO excited!!! I ended a long day with the booking excitement (I teach and our school was on lockdown all afternoon!!!), so it's time for bed… Just wanted to pop in and make it "Disboard official" before I fade into dreaming about warmer places!!!!

It's official!!! We are booked!!!! With this crazy winter, I am SOOOOO happy to have this to look forward to! We haven't told the kids yet-- since we are heading to the airport straight from the last day of school, I'm debating on just surprising them. We did that before when we told them we were visiting a friend and just staying there for a week… We were just "driving around" and our youngest, as if on cue, saw the boat-- we said that we would stop to look at it and then suggested taking pictures so we could send them to my parents to make them think we went on it… I had "My Mom and Dad Surprised Me with a Cruise" hats that I handed them for the pic, but I was taking video the whole time instead :) Priceless! Don't want them to think we're hopping on a boat every time we take a road trip though, haha :)

Anyway-- SOOOO excited!!! I ended a long day with the booking excitement (I teach and our school was on lockdown all afternoon!!!), so it's time for bed… Just wanted to pop in and make it "Disboard official" before I fade into dreaming about warmer places!!!!

Congrats and welcome aboard!

Congratulations! This should help get you through the winter. We moved to Florida from Wisconsin almost 4 years ago and we definitely don't miss the winter! We have friends who are trying to get away from the winter blues.

I admire you for keeping it a surprise from the kids. I get so excited that I couldn't keep it a secret.

Sorry to hear about your day at school. I can't imagine how stressful that is. Sweet dreams:-)

:goodvibesWelcome aboard to the newer members of our cruise! There is an active FaceBook group. JnDRader has instructions on page 1 on how to join. We try to get the information from the FB group posted here, but we are hit and miss. Apologies for that. Here is a list of happenings. I hope this helps...

For those of you interested in the FE, Princess_Kayla is coordinating the lists for us. Groups A, B, & C are all at 30 households and have now closed. There is a Group D that will be open for sign-ups through the end of April. I do not know if that group will be split up if the numbers balloon. That would be a question for Kayla. Kayla is a HS student, and tends to update the list in clumps as her school schedule allows. Please be patient and trust that she will get you added. She has a post on page 1 with instructions.

Abcangie87 has coordinated a few items for the group, including t-shirts, bracelets, and a Bernard's Tour for St, Maarten. T shirts are available to order through March 14th, with a Paypal payment. Bracelets have already been ordered, and there was an issue with the sizes she received. I think they are all gone. There might be a waiting list, but you should check with her. Angie has also organized a private tour with Bernards for our St. Maarten day. It includes a stop at the iguana farm, border, 1-1.5 hours at Maho Beach for a plane landing, 2 hours in Marigot (Sarafina's here we come!), and a sea urchin stop, then back to Phillipsburg. It is $45 per person, and there are already 100+ signed up. Again, PM Angie to inquire about availability.

JnDRader is coordinating a meetup onboard on embarkation day. Time and location TBA when we get the info from Disney. Drop him a PM if you want to be there so that we can arrange a big enough location. There is also a casual meetup Friday before the cruise in Cocoa Beach outside of the Ron Jon Surf Shop. There has been talk of 7pm and closer to 9pm, depending on when people arrive. Some people staying at WDW beforehand have discussed a meetup at DTD, but I haven't heard anything firm on that. Most of us staying at WDW are planning on finishing up to-do's in the parks and with adr's.

Linda67 has arranged private Mixology sessions for our group, but those filled up weeks and weeks ago. I'm not sure if the waitlist is still open or not. There has been talk of a private Champagne tasting also, but so far we are nowhere close to the minimum of 25 that we need to do that. If we get enough people we can look into it. There are lots of people planning to sign up for the regular Disney offerings individually, so there is always that route.

Again, welcome aboard! There have been a lot of people joining the group in the past couple of weeks. Prior to that there was a bit of a lull.

Wow!!!! I think this is by far the most organized DisGroup I've ever been in!!!! Grateful for that as I am FAR from on top of it enough to be able to coordinate like you all have! I know I'm jumping on board late, but thank you for all of your hard work. We are usually earlier with our vacation planning and I feel out of sorts just now getting out of the gates, but this helps a LOT!

I'm going to try to pop over to the FB group. I'm better (MUCH better) with Facebook than I am with the boards, so I'm grateful for that too!!!

Again, I know it's late in the game, but if there is anything I can do to help out now (and to make up for not being around all the way up to this point!) please let me know!

Wow!!!! I think this is by far the most organized DisGroup I've ever been in!!!! Grateful for that as I am FAR from on top of it enough to be able to coordinate like you all have! I know I'm jumping on board late, but thank you for all of your hard work. We are usually earlier with our vacation planning and I feel out of sorts just now getting out of the gates, but this helps a LOT!

I'm going to try to pop over to the FB group. I'm better (MUCH better) with Facebook than I am with the boards, so I'm grateful for that too!!!

Again, I know it's late in the game, but if there is anything I can do to help out now (and to make up for not being around all the way up to this point!) please let me know!

It's never too late! Welcome. So far, the group has operated on the basis of "If you can dream it, coordinate it."

Hey everyone
Just posting a reminder on here as well as the one I just posted on FB
I am going to send the final list of names for the private Mixology sessions to DCL, this Monday, March 3rd
Both sessions are currently full and I wanted to be sure that everyone who has expressed an interest is still interested as we have a few people on the wait list
Thanks all :thumbsup2

Hey! I'm going on the Disney Fantasy Cruise May 31, 2014. I will be 16 I have a 5 year old sister and then my parents. I am looking for more teens:)

Hey! I'm going on the Disney Fantasy Cruise May 31, 2014. I will be 16 I have a 5 year old sister and then my parents. I am looking for more teens:)

Welcome! We have several teens signed up already. Find Kayla in this thread and she can get you more info. I think they have an email group setup.

Welcome! We have several teens signed up already. Find Kayla in this thread and she can get you more info. I think they have an email group setup.

Would you mind adding me to the facebook group? I sent you a friend request ..

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter