• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

May 31, 2014 Fantasy Eastern Caribbean Meet thread!

Hello All!!! I'll be on this cruise as well! It will be myself (24) and my bf (26) of 7 1/2 years. This is our first cruise of any kind and we are SO SO SO SO SO SO SO SO SO SO SO SO excited!! we're on deck 6 aft!

:jumping1:

Hi BeccaB!

Welcome to the group! You and your bf are going to love love love cruising!

Sharon

Hello All!!! I'll be on this cruise as well! It will be myself (24) and my bf (26) of 7 1/2 years. This is our first cruise of any kind and we are SO SO SO SO SO SO SO SO SO SO SO SO excited!! we're on deck 6 aft!

:jumping1:

Just got off the Wonder and booked this cruise while onboard. This time it was just my daughter and myself celebrating her graduation, but the whole gang will be here on this next cruise. It is myself, DH, DS (22), DS (20), and DD (18). We will be in two different cabins on Deck 8. We have not been on the new ships before but love the Wonder and the Magic. This group looks like fun and I am so excited to begin planning!

Wendy

Hi Wendy and family!

We have two cabins on deck 7. There's 7 in our group (me, dh, ds, ds & dil, and 2 grandkids!) Grandkids have never cruised and none of us have been on a Disney cruise. We're so excited!

:wave2:I just wanted to bring up the FE since we've had a more people join :-) You can message me on here or on facebook (you can find me on our page JnD made.

In case you don't know what to send I need: Room Number, Any kids (Their names and ages)*, Adults (names), any celebrations or important information (allergies) and how many households** in the room.

*If you're uncomfortable giving your child's age or name that is ok I just need to know if there are any kids and if they are boy or girl.
**Households: For example in my room there are 3 households My grandmother, my Aunt and myself. We live in different houses and not together.
:hippie:

JnDRader - It looks like you are going on the cruise that we just returned from. The weather was perfect and we had a blast. Castaway Cay was especially fun. Enjoy!

We did enjoy although our itinerary had us hitting Grand Cayman and Cozumel. sadly, no Castaway Cay this trip. In recovery mode :lmao:!

We did enjoy although our itinerary had us hitting Grand Cayman and Cozumel. sadly, no Castaway Cay this trip. In recovery mode :lmao:!
So did you make it to HELL, GC, BWI?

To all of the new arrivals I am the senior one at 68 and will be in adult area ready to discuss SEC football , LSU, in detail 1959 foward. Class of 68 I am accompanied by Wife, D, Minnie321, GD 12, GS 16. We are driving in from Houma, La. Be at Fish Lips on Friday night. Sorry to say I will not get to use my white glove. No DCL sail aways on Friday night Magic will have left mid month for Med.

SEE YOU REAL SOON

So did you make it to HELL, GC, BWI?

To all of the new arrivals I am the senior one at 68 and will be in adult area ready to discuss SEC football , LSU, in detail 1959 foward. Class of 68 I am accompanied by Wife, D, Minnie321, GD 12, GS 16. We are driving in from Houma, La. Be at Fish Lips on Friday night. Sorry to say I will not get to use my white glove. No DCL sail aways on Friday night Magic will have left mid month for Med.

SEE YOU REAL SOON

Yep, made a stop by Hell. Kids loved the turtle farm and stingray city too. Overall great time in GC. We all commented that it's a place we wouldn't mind going back to. Diving was nice in Cozumel. Strong currents though which made it very difficult to get good shots with my GoPro. Just moving too fast.

Oh my gosh!:cool1:
The cruise is almost a year away!!! :D
:cheer2::cheer2::cheer2:
This next year is gonna fly by and we'll be on the FANTASY!! :cloud9::cloud9::cloud9:

Drove for a field trip with one of my daughter's friends who will be going on the cruise with us. As I start backing up she announces "399 days until the cruise!" :rotfl2: Glad she's as excited as the rest of us. :thumbsup2

Well, it's official. We are now booked on this cruise!!! After initially booking online a dummy cruise, then changing to an Alaskan cruise, then finding finding out our DS will be starting his Masters program during that cruise time, we changed to a different Alaskan cruise. We then decided we would rather do Alaska with another cruise line and we didn't want to spend as much money (with having to fly also) next summer, so we chose the Eastern Caribbean! Whew!

This will be our 3rd Disney cruise. We did the Eastern Caribbean on the Magic in 2004 and the Western on the Fantasy last year. My DH and I are 44. We have a DD who will be 17 on the cruise. Our DS and his GF will be 20 on the cruise. We will be celebrating his graduation from LSU! Our room is #8586. I would love to join the FE list. I'll send you a message., Kayla. Thanks for doing it! And I'll send a friend request to FB for the group!

Well, it's official. We are now booked on this cruise!!! After initially booking online a dummy cruise, then changing to an Alaskan cruise, then finding finding out our DS will be starting his Masters program during that cruise time, we changed to a different Alaskan cruise. We then decided we would rather do Alaska with another cruise line and we didn't want to spend as much money (with having to fly also) next summer, so we chose the Eastern Caribbean! Whew!

This will be our 3rd Disney cruise. We did the Eastern Caribbean on the Magic in 2004 and the Western on the Fantasy last year. My DH and I are 44. We have a DD who will be 17 on the cruise. Our DS and his GF will be 20 on the cruise. We will be celebrating his graduation from LSU! Our room is #8586. I would love to join the FE list. I'll send you a message., Kayla. Thanks for doing it! And I'll send a friend request to FB for the group!

I'm going to be 17!! :D I won't be the only one yay!! :goodvibes

add us in!!! we are a family group. me(Julie) my dd who will turn 21 a week before the cruise, and celebrating graduation from college.(bad age for Disney cruise. its either families or couples. not great for the young adult crowd) my ds 6. mom and dad, db, sil, their ds5,ds3,dd3, this will be #3 for most of us.#4 for my brother and family. the twins were 3 months old their first cruise. We are so excited 1st trip on fantasy. been on wonder and dream.

add us in!!! we are a family group. me(Julie) my dd who will turn 21 a week before the cruise, and celebrating graduation from college.(bad age for Disney cruise. its either families or couples. not great for the young adult crowd) my ds 6. mom and dad, db, sil, their ds5,ds3,dd3, this will be #3 for most of us.#4 for my brother and family. the twins were 3 months old their first cruise. We are so excited 1st trip on fantasy. been on wonder and dream.

Welcome!

add us in!!! we are a family group. me(Julie) my dd who will turn 21 a week before the cruise, and celebrating graduation from college.(bad age for Disney cruise. its either families or couples. not great for the young adult crowd)

Julie, my DS will be 20 (and his GF) and he will be celebrating his graduation from college. I'm sure they can all find some fun on that awesome ship!

Just got the ok from the DH to make our reservations in the morning!!!! I'm Jen, DH is Chad and DS's are Joey (will be 11) and Alex (will be 9, but turns 10 on the cruise-- 6/4!!!). We are all in for an FE and any fun meet stuff :-) This will be our 3rd Disney cruise and we can't wait! Looking forward to reviewing the other 10 board pages, but wanted to jump in on the list before I went to bed ;-) I knew anyone on here would appreciate my excitement for the "official" go ahead and book orders, lol :-) See ya real soon! Let the countdown begin!!!!!

Just got the ok from the DH to make our reservations in the morning!!!! I'm Jen, DH is Chad and DS's are Joey (will be 11) and Alex (will be 9, but turns 10 on the cruise-- 6/4!!!). We are all in for an FE and any fun meet stuff :-) This will be our 3rd Disney cruise and we can't wait! Looking forward to reviewing the other 10 board pages, but wanted to jump in on the list before I went to bed ;-) I knew anyone on here would appreciate my excitement for the "official" go ahead and book orders, lol :-) See ya real soon! Let the countdown begin!!!!!

Welcome aboard!

1. Where do you live?
Houma, Louisiana
2. Married? How long?
Divorced
3. Do you have kids? How old will they be when we cruise?
Have two children - DS 16 when we cruise and DD 12 when we cruise
4. Do you have any pets?
Cat named Missy; and a new edition at Easter - Guinnea Pig named Jelly Bean
5. What do you do for a living?
I am an Instructional Coach at an Elementary School
6. Is #5 what you always wanted to be when you grew up? (or, for the youth in our group, what do you want to be when you grow up?!
Nope - started out to be an accountant and decided NO Way! Then went into education
7. Favorite movie?
The Twilight Series
8. Favorite type of music?
Not really particular - usually listen to whatever the kids put on the radio
9. Favorite TV Show?
Revolution
10. Where did you go to school/college? What did you major in?
Nicholls State University - Education
11. Do you like to watch/play sports? What kind? Fave team?
Football of course - LSU and well depending on the year the New Orleans Saints; also love watching my son's high school team
12. What do you like to do in your spare time / hobbies?
What spare time???:confused3I don't know what that is!! Ok really I love to scrapbook but rarely have time. Lately I have really gotten into creating things using Vinyl - I love it - probably will do something for FE gifts with Vinyl - it is so easy and fun to create with!
13. Favorite vacation ever?
Disney Magic - February 2013!! And countless trips to Disney World
14. What would you say your fashion style is?
None really in particular - try to keep up with current styles
15. When is your bday?
Febuary 11
16. Are you an introvert or extrovert?
Hmm - extrovert I would guess
17. How many times have you been to WDW?
Um well it is really too many to count - but I can say for certain I have been 22 times in the last 11 years because my 11 year old daughter has been 22 times. But I went several times each summer as a kid - so it is really hard to give a number.
18. Who is your favorite DISNEY CHARACTER?!?
Mickey and Minnie of course!!
19. Favorite thing about Disney World/Land/Cruise
Favorite thing about Disney World is that feeling you get when you walk into the Magic Kingdom - I mean it is a feeling of sheer excitement that never changes! Favorite thing on a cruise was sitting on the back deck - drink in hand - watching the ocean pass by and never once worrying about where the heck my children were!!! Because I knew Disney was making sure they were having the time of their lives!
20. Favorite quote
"Remember it all started with a mouse" ~ Walt Disney
21. Post a picture of yourself or your family (if you know how and feel so inclined! Otherwise, just pick your favorite smiley!). I love the smileys. lol.

Picture from our cruise on the Magic in February - this is the same group that will be on the Fantasy - Me, my children, and my parents (beermam)

1. Where do you live?
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
2. Married? How long?
to my DH Rhett 23 yrs this July
3. Do you have kids? How old will they be when we cruise?
Have two children - DS Caleb 20 and DD Christa 17 at cruise time
4. Do you have any pets?
Cat named Kissy Noel and 2 dogs Rusty & Dusty
5. What do you do for a living?
Labor & Delivery nurse
6. Is #5 what you always wanted to be when you grew up? (or, for the youth in our group, what do you want to be when you grow up?!
Nurse, yes! L&D preference came during nursing school & after 3 yrs as an ER nurse
7. Favorite movie?
Hard to choose just one...so I won't! Titanic, 50 First Dates, Forrest Gump, Harry Potter series, & Life of Pi
8. Favorite type of music?
Christian Contemporary & the 80's of course!
9. Favorite TV Show?
guilty pleasure is The Big Bang Theory
10. Where did you go to school/college? What did you major in?
Southeastern La. Univ.-Nursing
11. Do you like to watch/play sports? What kind? Fave team?
I loved Minnie321's response so I copied it! Football- LSU (which is my son's university!) and well, depending on the year, the New Orleans Saints!
12. What do you like to do in your spare time / hobbies?
Plan family vacations!
13. Favorite vacation ever?
20th Anniversary trip to Hawaii
14. What would you say your fashion style is?
Very casual & comfortable...I'm a nurse!
15. When is your bday?
All Saints Day...Nov 1st
16. Are you an introvert or extrovert?
Mostly an introvert, but I have my moments!:rotfl2:
17. How many times have you been to WDW?
Check my signature, I can't remember!
18. Who is your favorite DISNEY CHARACTER?!?
I love them all, but Cinderella is so beautiful & sweet!
19. Favorite thing about Disney World/Land/Cruise
At WDW everyone is so happy and courteous! On DCL I love Palo & the Spa!
20. Favorite quote
I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. Phillipians 4:13
21. Post a picture of yourself or your family (if you know how and feel so inclined! Otherwise, just pick your favorite smiley!). I love the smileys. lol.
One day I'll figure this out!

Gray haired guy on left plays with model trains. Watching Classic Magic sitting at dock PC getting ready to leave for last time, next time she comes back it will be the New Magic.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter