May 31, 2003 Cruisers?

dewla.........I have never been to St. Thomas before so I can't give you any personal advice but, we switched from the Doubloon sail to Captain Nauticas St. John snorkle. We did this because it is a speed boat so you get to St. John alot quicker which gives you an hour snorkling at one beach then you get on the boat, go to another beach and get to sunbath or snorkle for another hour. I beleive on the Doubloon you only have one hour to snorkle because the boat isn't very fast. I guess it depends on if you would rather spend more time relaxing on the boat or on a beach. I also read quite a few posts that claimed St. John was the most gorgeous island. Well I hope this helps you out. I also wasnt sure which one to do so, I called DCL and bugged them about the different excursions. :D

ST Johns.

We changed our excursion to the 5 Star to St. Johns - - due to the Dis-ers who said it was so wonderful.

You still have time to change - I think we have up until Wednesday night or something.

AFter that -= it's CONFIRMED and you can't change it and you will be CHARGED for the excursions on your room bill.

WOW it's only 5 days now!!!

We started getting out some of our clothes today- - - the formals and stuff are already ready - - -our 16 DD is going to bring her PROM formal for formal night- we always like to get a family portrait made on formal night because we never seem to get photos made otherwise.

Went to Stein Mart yesterday and bought DD (5) a beautiful flowing dress for about $10 - WOO HOO. . . BIG sale this weekend. Even DH got some nice shirts on sale!!!

Well I gotta go start planning to pack.

See ya Saturday !!! Get there early - - - the sooner you walk into the terminal - the sooner your vacation seems to start. . . .

Almost time! Almost time! I think I'm more excited than anyone else in my family! I'm getting all the laundry done today. I'll start packing clothes tomorrow. I still need to get a pair of white sandals. I guess I'll run to some shoe stores either tonight or tomorrow.

DD woke up with a stuffy nose this morning. I hope she's not getting a cold. Lots of OJ for her!!

I checked the reservations online at Disney's website & there are still some cat 4 & cat 5 rooms left. I guess the others have been booked. There was a $1200 difference in the cost of our room. Glad we booked early!

I don't think we'll be doing formal night. I'm wondering how we'll get dd (almost 2) to sit through a meal at the restaurants. She's so "busy" and in to everything. I hope that are table mates either have children or don't mind children. ***PLEASE*** let us have good tablemates!!! (my plea to the assigner of tablemates LOL ) I hope that we are lucky enough to dine at all the restaurants. I want to be able to try them all out.

Only five more days left. It is hard to believe that after all the anticipation and planning that the time has come for us to not just think about the cruise, but physically prepare for it. Myself, DW, DD--15, DS--7 are preparing to become very patient table mates. We have to be with a seven year old boy. We have not planned any excursions but we are planning to do them on our own. My daughter might go on an excursion; however, at Cast Away Cay with the teens. Anyone want to go to Kakao Beach with us on St. Maartan via taxi? Following is a basic schedule of what we are doing this evening in preparation for the cruise.

1. Psych, psych, psych
2. Getting clothes together for the cruise
3. Everyone please stay healthy
4. Ladies at Christopher and Banks are holding back "cruise" type items for wife--it is a team effort
5. Starting the task of filling out cruise documents

We are flying in Friday night, renting Avis, and staying at the Radisson. Saturday it all begins...

:D :D :cool: :bounce:

I can't click through the links. Does the forecast look rainy today or the days we will be there?

Can't wait!

I think afternoon showers are pretty common in the Carribean are pretty common, thus the 30% chance of precipitation every day, although the 60% chance on June 3rd is not so friendly! So bring rain coats!!
I really need to start packing don't I?? I hate doing it so early! I like waiting tll the last moment! Crazy, huh?

We are almost there!!!

Laura :bounce: :Pinkbounc

OK Pugdog! How did you get that upgrade?? I called my travel agent yesterday and we are still in the same Cat 5 that we bought. I will keep hoping for one, but my TA said the ship is sold out!
GO to the link and scroll all the way down and you will see the weather forecast for each day!

Laura

Today
May 28 Scattered Showers 87°/78° 30 %
Thu
May 29 Scattered Showers 87°/78° 30 %
Fri
May 30 Scattered Showers 88°/77° 30 %
Sat
May 31 Scattered Showers 88°/76° 30 %
Sun
Jun 01 Scattered Showers 88°/76° 30 %
Mon
Jun 02 Scattered Showers 88°/76° 30 %
Tue
Jun 03 Light Rain 88°/76° 60 %
Wed
Jun 04 Scattered Showers 88°/76° 30 %
Thu
Jun 05 Scattered Showers 88°/77° 60 %
Fri
Jun 06 Showers 88°/77° 40 %
Last Updated Wednesday, May 28, 2003, at 4:08 AM Atlantic Standard Time (Wednesday, 4:08 AM EDT)

This is the weather for St. Thomas.

Sold out ship? I was hoping we'd have a little more "space". I've heard even when the ship is to capacity, it's still very hard to tell. Hope that is the case

:D

Originally posted by dewla
OK Pugdog! How did you get that upgrade?? I called my travel agent yesterday and we are still in the same Cat 5 that we bought. I will keep hoping for one, but my TA said the ship is sold out!
GO to the link and scroll all the way down and you will see the weather forecast for each day!

Laura

I have no idea. My theory is that they just start calling people at home and whoever answers the phone gets the upgrade. Other than that... your guess is as good as mine.

We are all packed and ready to go. I feel like a child, I am filled w/ so much excitement and anticipation. Saturday can't come quick enough:Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc

I will keep my eyes open for those alien green Mickey heads. It would be nice to meet some fellow disers during the week:)

See you all soon:p

Almost there....the waiting is killing me. Myself, DW, DS-7 and DS-2 will be there. Got some friends who are also coming along. DH, DW, DD-7 and DD-2 as well.

Have we scheduled a time/place where we plan to meet up?

The anticipation is unbelievable. Only a day (more or less) left :p

thanks,
binoy.

OK, I have STILL not packed yet. But I did pick a dress out of the closet for formal night....I guess that is a start!! Need to take care of the other 6 days of the cruie. Can children wear shorts to dinner (except for semi-and formal nights of course!)?
Need answer!!!!!!!! See you guys on Sat!!
:)
Laura

I am here too. Getting excited. I always do everything at the last minute, so I'll be packing after work tomorrow.

Does anyone know what channels we'll get on the ship TV's?

Hey guys! Just got back! We had an AWESOME time! Sorry I didn't get to meet anyone. I didn't see any alien green mickeys. My body is still swaying - I guess it's so used to being on the ship that it is still compensating for it.

Did you guys feel all the motion on the ship? I wasn't expecting all the rocking. Some nights I could see my clothes swaying in the closet. LOL

Hope you guys enjoyed your cruise as much as we did. Did anyone book another one? We thought about it, but decided to wait.

I'm exhausted from the drive home. Off to bed I go!

We Had such a great time too. Wow, what service disney provides!
I can't say enough great things about our first cruise experience.
However, I do have a couple of complaints. The biggest being that we could almost never get a hold of Guest services or in stateroom dining. The phones were ALWAYS busy.

The ship did rock a lot more then I had anticipated, but I had my sea legs by the third day so it was not too bad.

My husband and I talked about putting a down payment for the Western while on board, but never got around to it. I actually just sent in a price quote from DU for May of 2004 so we'll see. I am hoping we'll follow through:)

Would love to hear about everyones experience while on board.

It was our 4th and we are already planning our 5th - next year for Western. . .

We can't wait - - only about 50 more weeks to go!!!!

We didn't put $$ down yet, but probably will soon.

I didn't have any trouble getting thru the 2 times I called room service - and they came really quickly (one time it only took 10 minutes for delivery).

I did have to wait for voicemail once - but it was just system overload.

I never had trouble with guest services either.

I thought the seas were extremely calm. I went in March once and it was a ROCK AND ROLL cruise (rockin' and rollin' the whole time) everyone was sick.

This time - aaahhhhhh. We ate at PALO on Mon. night and the back of the boat was moving quite a bit - but it was because of those really high gusts of wind that were blowing across the bow.

We noticed a slight INCREASE in the quality of food this time and event he quality of service that we got. Everyone was even MORE helpful and friendly than before - and remember this was our 4th cruise (the 3rd on the Eastern 7 day) so we knew what to expect.

Even our expectations were exceeded. I can't believe it.

I still remember that wonderful Lobster - everyone at our table complemented the staff on how excellently prepared it was.

The beef was a little too done - but I just started ordering it RARE so it would come out medium rare.

I'm still kind of swaying here at work -on Monday. I guess I haven't gotten my land legs back (nor do I want them back).

I would leave again this Saturday if I could. We had such a magical time.

The food, the shows, the shopping, the snorkeling, the sunbaithing, the mickey slide (DD's favorite) and Palo. Wow what a vacation!!!!:Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :cool: :cool:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter