May 30, 2009 - Western Cruise Magic

Leaving in the morning for 8 nights at the park so this is my last post until we meet on the ship.Everyone have a safe trip and looking foward to meeting you onboard.

Leaving in the morning for 8 nights at the park so this is my last post until we meet on the ship.Everyone have a safe trip and looking foward to meeting you onboard.

have fun at the parks and have a safe trip yourself

Just spoke to DCL Cm and UP is premiring on our sailing at 5:25 pm :cool1::banana: and Cozmel is a go on our sailing but they are quote still monitering situation and can change plans if need be
Good NEws all around:woohoo::woohoo::woohoo::woohoo:

Just spoke to DCL Cm and UP is premiring on our sailing at 5:25 pm :cool1::banana: and Cozmel is a go on our sailing but they are quote still monitering situation and can change plans if need be

YEAH!:banana::banana:

My crew will be SO happy to hear that! Thanks for the news.:yay: They have been seeing previews and begging to see it.

Have a great time at the parks, can't wait to meet you.

Yay for the info about Up and Cozumel. :banana:

Wait a minute, I live in Florida and it's been raining since 3:00.....on Monday the 18th!!!!
Couple of ????'s:

1. DS is 15 and has autism. DH wants the two of them to wear black dress shirts, black pants and black ties for formal night. Any thoughts???

2. Since DS with autism has difficulty in crowds and waiting, we may not make the meet at the terminal but at least one of us will try and maybe the other at 3:00. Is this okay?

3. Lastly and kind of selfish on my part, is it acceptable for DH's and DW's to share their FE gift????

See you all next week. We'll make it to the port either by minivan or boat!

!. The outfit sounds fine. I'll have a group of teens and told them to plan on NICE shirts, pants, and a tie--no way I'd get them into their suits again. Way too many graduation functions recently.

2. Absolutely OK
3. The giver determines how he/she wants to do gifts--one per cabin, one per person, one per kid with adults sharing, or whatever.

4. UP will be on our ship!

Good question. This is my first time doing a DCL excursion. I would also like to know. I assume yes that you do tip them there and back since on our excursion they are really nothing more than a taxi to the beach, but any confirmation would help.

Do you think that they all accept US$? Hubby said that the US $ is worth more in Mexico..so I am guessing they are ok with it..LOL
I don't want to get there and not have enough to tip the drivers with.

Hopefully somebody will clear this up for us :)

Wait a minute, I live in Florida and it's been raining since 3:00.....on Monday the 18th!!!!

Remember, a rainy day on the Magic beats any day at home!!!

Looking forward to meeting everyone.

Rain for me too! Brevard County Florida here (about 20 minutes from port) and nonstop rain for three days, lots and lots of it with flooding.

Boy we needed the rain, but enough already!

The mexican news said yesterday Acapulco received the first cruise back and that Cozumel is expecting the first cruise to come in on 5/27 so I'm hoping that Disney will be on top and they will take us to cozumel....
I hope so too!

Remember, a rainy day on the Magic beats any day at home!!!

Looking forward to meeting everyone.

Couple of ????'s:

1. DS is 15 and has autism. DH wants the two of them to wear black dress shirts, black pants and black ties for formal night. Any thoughts???

2. Since DS with autism has difficulty in crowds and waiting, we may not make the meet at the terminal but at least one of us will try and maybe the other at 3:00. Is this okay?

3. Lastly and kind of selfish on my part, is it acceptable for DH's and DW's to share their FE gift????

1- outfits sound fine
2- ofcourse that's okay! Whatever you feel you can make it to. :)
3- ofcourse! IF you want to share with DH. sometimes I claim things and don't share- I'm stingy that way. :lmao: (dh really doesn't mind I swear!)

Have a great trip! We'll be there in a few days- shoot we should have planned a meet at the parks for those that would be there! :( I forgot to do that!
We leave early Friday morning arriiving at Fort Wilderness Saturday afternoon!

have fun at the parks and have a safe trip yourself

OMG that is great news. I'm crossing my fingers that we do get to see UP more times than that though- that's exactly early dining tme (well 5min before main dining time!) I really hope we get to see UP on the shop- and if we don't- I hope it's still playing here at home when we get back! We'll buy the DVD I'm sure- but that really seems like it's a great movie to see in the theatre the first time- yanno? on the big screen
I'm SOOOOOOOOO hoping we get to go to cozumel!

Do you think that they all accept US$? Hubby said that the US $ is worth more in Mexico..so I am guessing they are ok with it..LOL
I don't want to get there and not have enough to tip the drivers with.

Hopefully somebody will clear this up for us :)
Yes they accept US$. All the ports I've been to- even on the panama canal cruise- they accept US$ and some even credit cards. You don't have to exchange to foreign currency. :) they LOVE your US dollars. ;)

Guys..... I'm really bummed right now.
It's going to sound terribly shallow but trust me- it's not about how my hair LOOKS- I swear! LOL It's about how it's going to bug the ever living you-know-what out of me this entire trip! :(
I waited till this week to get our hair cut (waiting a few extra weeks since our hair grows fast- so if I'd got our hair cut weeks ago, then our trip is 16 days long counting driving time- by the end of the cruise everyone's bangs would be in their eyes/et.) -well... got the kids hair cuts on Monday, got my highlights done yesterday- the lady that cuts my hair (for the past almost 20yrs) was off yesterday and is off tomorrow- so I HAD to get my hair cut today. And she cut it all wrong. :(
I wasn't paying attention and I never have to! She knows exactly how I like my hair! But this time I guess I should have been paying attention and I know she didn't do it on purpose- so she must have had her mind elsewhere- as did I apparently.... since I didn't notice what she'd done until as I was leaving (and noticed more later).
:(
She cut it way shorter than usual- AND didn't curve down in the back (more straight across) so it feels way too short and can barely get in a ponytail (which I have to do sometimes in the wind or it becomes a frizzy afro especially on the open decks on the cruise) AND she cut FAR TOO MANY bangs (I usually just have a little bangs- she cut far far too far back and made me have way more bangs than I should) so now that hair that goes to the sides and usually can put behind my ears or fit into a ponytail- won't fit behind my ear or in a ponytail- not even close. So it's going to be flying around driving me bonkers. AND she didn't cut a steep angle down on my bangs- more straight across- so I can't do a darn thing with my bangs... and it's far too much bangs.
Again like I said- it's not how it looks. I'm not vain like that- it's that it's going to drive me crazy and I won't be able to manage it (with behind the ears or in a ponytail). I have a hard time keeping the frizzies at bay especially in Florida humidity and on the cruise anyway (actually I'm never successful on that) but now it will be even worse since it's all too short and cut wrong.
:(
I'm so annoyed. You'll see on the cruise... my hair grows fast but not THAT fast. Oh the length will be where it shoud be in a few-8wks or so, no biggie... but the extra bangs she cut is going to take quite some time to catch up with the length of my hair again. I can't believe this. About a year and a half ago I let the lady that highlights my hair CUT my hair and she did something similiar to this...... and it took like a year for the extra bangs to grow all the way out again... the person that usually cuts my hair for almost 20yrs has never ever done this before.
*sigh*
So just ignore my fly away uncontrollable frizzy hair- when you see me. There's nothing I can do besides try to use multiple hair clips to hold all this hair/extra bangs and I'm not going to put clips all over. LOL oh sigh.........
I'm going to spend the next 2wks constantly trying to get my hair to lay down instead of flying everywhere. ugh

ANYWAY....... got lots more to do to get prepared to leave early Friday morning! oh so much to do. I'm stressing! I gotta get off here and get things done! LOL

Well, then I am pretty lucky, I had a GTY 6 up until late last week when I got a room number. I got upgraded to a Cat. 4! :)

Not that it matters as long as I have a balcony which is why I paid for a category 6, but it is fun to have a visit from the upgrade fairy!

Hey Poohmom! I got bumped from a Cat. 5 to a 4, too. In fact, I think we are right next to each other. I'm in cabin 8524.

Lucky duckies...

Rain for me too! Brevard County Florida here (about 20 minutes from port) and nonstop rain for three days, lots and lots of it with flooding.

Boy we needed the rain, but enough already!

Hey there neighbor...

Where in Brevard? We live in Palm Bay just west of I-95 (we moved west of I-95 after the storms in 2004!)

My DD will be 13 on June 23rd. She is looking forward to meeting some other kids on the cruise. Can't wait for exams to be done next week.

See you on the boat!

!. The outfit sounds fine. I'll have a group of teens and told them to plan on NICE shirts, pants, and a tie--no way I'd get them into their suits again. Way too many graduation functions recently.

2. Absolutely OK
3. The giver determines how he/she wants to do gifts--one per cabin, one per person, one per kid with adults sharing, or whatever.

4. UP will be on our ship!

Thanks for the reassurance...sometimes we just need a good sounding board. For the FE we are giving, planning on giving one per couple but if a DMIL or DGM are in cabin, then two. You'll see why....have I got you in suspense now????? Kidding, but thanks for the support on the clothes and meet, everything else is so hard with my DS.

Looking forward to UP....!!!!!!!!!

I can't wait to give out my FE for the adults....I just finished making them today and am soooo excited!

Yes, the taxi's do take US Dollars, very very easy!

Bibbidy - I understand how you feel. I cut my hair last month and she gave me layers when I didn't want them. We can have frizzed out hair together, you won't be alone!

For those in Brevard County, do you know how long it will take us to get from the Port to Pt. St. Lucie?

Thanks y'all !! We will get some $1s before we leave here.
I have a million things to do and not enough days.It seems like just yesterday I booked the cruise and now here it is 9 days away..Nothing like procrastinating!!! That would be ME :(

Yes, the taxi's do take US Dollars, very very easy!

Bibbidy - I understand how you feel. I cut my hair last month and she gave me layers when I didn't want them. We can have frizzed out hair together, you won't be alone!

For those in Brevard County, do you know how long it will take us to get from the Port to Pt. St. Lucie?

Drive time depends on traffic, construction, etc. Currently, there is LOTS of construction on I95 between port and that area. You can take the A1A (scenic route) too.

Could be an hour and a half, could be two hours. Depends on when you are going :)

Add me to the hair complaint department. I am not even gonna try. It's vacation :)

Hey there neighbor...

Where in Brevard? We live in Palm Bay just west of I-95 (we moved west of I-95 after the storms in 2004!)

My DD will be 13 on June 23rd. She is looking forward to meeting some other kids on the cruise. Can't wait for exams to be done next week.

See you on the boat!

Hey, I bet we are very close geographically. My dd will be turning 13 on May 27th. Ugh, yes I can't wait for exams to be done and school to be out.

Better yet, finish with the rain for awhile. Wonder if we are going to have an active hurricane season this year?

I sent you a PM about my dd!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter