May 30, 2009 - Western Cruise Magic

Any word about if we're going to cozumel or not? i assume since no word so far- that the Western before ous is not going to cozumel... where did they go instead? Please don't say nassau. ugh

Any word about if we're going to cozumel or not? i assume since no word so far- that the Western before ous is not going to cozumel... where did they go instead? Please don't say nassau. ugh
I think they did go to Nassau, but I am thinking we will get to go to Cozumel. I was reading on cruise critic and it looks like a lot of the ships are going back to Cozumel in June.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed that we'll be going to Cozumel...they should release a statement by next wed at the latest!
Cat. 4,5,6 and 7 showing up this morning!

The mexican news said yesterday Acapulco received the first cruise back and that Cozumel is expecting the first cruise to come in on 5/27 so I'm hoping that Disney will be on top and they will take us to cozumel....

If we're returning a rental car at Budget what time would you recommend we drop it off so we can still meet in the terminal...10:00???

Generally, incoming cars are not allowed in the port area until 10:00 or a few minutes later. So...if DH plans to drop off mom and kids and luggage and then return car, he should plan to drop you off not before 10. The terminal opens a few minutes after the port opens to traffic--supposedly 10:30, but I've always seen it before that. SO, I'd plan on port drop off at or about 10, then return car, then dad return to the terminal.

The other thing to consider is that if you try to return the car earlier (9-10ish)...even if the whole family goes to do the return, you may have to wait in line behind people who just got off the cruise and are getting cars. For instance, if someone got off the cruise at 9, shuttled over...and was 3rf or 4th in line to pick up their car, they could still be there at 9:45. So you show up at 9:45 to drop off and shuttle the family to port....you could wait a few minutes. If he drops you at 10 and then returns to the car place, all the pick up people should be finished! I've never had to wait to drop off at 10 or later!

Also...if you drop off before 10, they won't be able to shuttle you into the terminal area until 10.

Yup, 4,5,6,and 7 showing available, but 7 is gty and 6 is one cabin only.

Disney Magic is canceling its calls in Cozumel on May 6 and 20, and will replace them with calls in Nassau. The ship's next scheduled visit to Cozumel is slated for June 3, 2009. The cruise line has not yet announced any further changes.

WOOOOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOOOOO we can only HOPE and ASSUME this means we WILL BE SAILING TO COZUMEL!!! :yay::yay::yay:

After our snorkel excursion with Eagle Ray Divers we are meeting a friend of mine who is the Regional Sales Manager for Senor Frogs/Carlos & Charlies and she is taking us to lunch at one of our FAVORITE restaurants on the island...can't WAIT to see her!!!

As for meeting....we will look forward to seeing those in the terminal that arrive early, and we will also plan to be INSIDE (much quieter) at 3:00 p.m. at the promenade lounge ....works out VERY well as we will then most likely proceed to the Muster Drill....I have met AFTER the drill, too, because you KNOW that way everybody is out of the pool and either heading to their cabins or getting ready to head to the dining room for early seating...can't WAIT to meet you all!!!:dance3::dance3:

I just called Disney reservations to check out our movies. Here is the list:

High School Musical 3
Bolt (in 3D)
Beverly Hills Chihuahua
Earth
Race to Witch Mountain
Jonas Brothers (in 3D)
Confessions of a Shopaholic
Bedtime Stories
Swing Vote
Wall-E
Hannah Montana Concert Movie (in 3D)
Hannah Montana the Movie

Big Surprise is the reservationist said that there is no listing for UP! She was very confused as she said that they always premier the movie on the ship the same time it is released on land. She also stated that they always have the new movie on the list with a special note stating it is a premier - but not this time!!! She checked with someone and as of right now, there is NO announcement that UP will show on our cruise. :confused3 :sad1:

Also I asked about how full the ship is and she stated that it is pretty full. Nothing is available in categories below 7. I asked about the 12's popping up every now and then and she stated that it looks like they are releasing them 1 or 2 at a time and that there will probably be some people bumped up again since there really are no rooms in the 8,9,10,11 or 12 showing available. As for the ship going to Cozumel, she stated that as of right now there is NO itinerary change, but (...all the stuff about anything can happen). She said to check back by next Wednesday and if there is a change, it should be posted by then on their site.

OOOOOOO!!!!! That stinks!!! We were hoping for UP too ! Maybe they are surprising us with it... :)
We have already seen or bought all of these :( so I guess it will be one less thing to plan for :)

No UP! Well, that stinks! I've been telling my family that it would be shown on our cruise since it comes out the day before. I don't understand why they aren't showing it.:confused3 Well, at least we'll have the Jonas Brothers in 3D.

After our snorkel excursion with Eagle Ray Divers we are meeting a friend of mine who is the Regional Sales Manager for Senor Frogs/Carlos & Charlies and she is taking us to lunch at one of our FAVORITE restaurants on the island...can't WAIT to see her!!!

OK, so you have to tell us what your "FAVORITE" restaurant is??? Inquiring minds want to know!

and they ARE open for lunch....it's called La conchita del Caribe....not sure of the address though because we always just tell the taxi driver to take us there....FRESH fish that you pick out yourself before they cook it....shrimp cocktails and shrimp cerviche that are HUGE and the prices are really good, too....all this info for "inquiring minds" a/k/a voyages...:banana:

Most ALL of the restaurants are really good...but stay AWAY from the chain stores on the main street along the coast if you want good LOCAL food.:cool1:

and they ARE open for lunch....it's called La conchita del Caribe....not sure of the address though because we always just tell the taxi driver to take us there....FRESH fish that you pick out yourself before they cook it....shrimp cocktails and shrimp cerviche that are HUGE and the prices are really good, too....all this info for "inquiring minds" a/k/a voyages...:banana:

Most ALL of the restaurants are really good...but stay AWAY from the chain stores on the main street along the coast if you want good LOCAL food.:cool1:

Sounds absolutely delicious. Yes, I admit it...I'm the inquiring minds!!:rotfl:

DH and I love to find places off the beaten path. We are not usually into the chain restaurants. Don't know if we will have time for this though.

Has anyone else looked at the projected forecast for our cruise? I've been looking into it some and it seems like it is supposed to be raining everywhere we go. I know it is too far out to tell and that things could change, but do you think we could get a break on this one. First, stressing out about whether we get to Cozumel or not and then worrying about the weather. I don't dare ask...what next?:headache:

For the weather, I think the forecast is always a chance of rain. It's like Florida where it rains at 3:00 everyday for about 45 minutes.

For the weather, I think the forecast is always a chance of rain. It's like Florida where it rains at 3:00 everyday for about 45 minutes.

I work for the National Severe Storms Lab and I can tell you that forecasts within 48 hours are pretty reliable. Past that... let's throw the dice! :rotfl:

We are still hoping to go to Cozumel :) and I am wondering since we have booked through DCL if we tip the driver to the excursion and back? Also do we use US$$ ?
How about if we get off at GC ? And we just pick up a taxi...do you pay in US$ ??

THANKS..I am getting nervous and excited...DD still doesn't know :)

Meeting would be FUN!! I don't know about any specific times but just look for the crazy parents with the a 4 yr old little blonde girl decked out in cruise wear :) That will be us..LOL

Which beach is the best for snorkeling and playing at GC ?

Better go..hubby is dying for some ice cream and to watch Taken ! AHHHHHH SO GLAD HE IS HOME FINALLY...we mailed his passport renewal off and it is there and being processed..just hoping it comes in time now !!

11 days and counting !!!

Bump?

Wait a minute, I live in Florida and it's been raining since 3:00.....on Monday the 18th!!!!

Remember, a rainy day on the Magic beats any day at home!!!

Looking forward to meeting everyone.

Couple of ????'s:

1. DS is 15 and has autism. DH wants the two of them to wear black dress shirts, black pants and black ties for formal night. Any thoughts???

2. Since DS with autism has difficulty in crowds and waiting, we may not make the meet at the terminal but at least one of us will try and maybe the other at 3:00. Is this okay?

3. Lastly and kind of selfish on my part, is it acceptable for DH's and DW's to share their FE gift????

See you all next week. We'll make it to the port either by minivan or boat!

I also called for movie and Cozmel info and got same info...but on a positive note for UP ,the CM I spoke with said "This is what is playing now...followed by the list " as far as Cozmel, I hope they don't wait until next Wednesday. I wish they would tell us Yes if its yes:confused3 but Carnival sails there leaving on the 27 from Mobile,Al so I feel like we will be going:dance3:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter