• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

May 30, 2009 - Western Cruise Magic

Can some on give me some info on Cozumel. Is it easy just to walk around town when we get there? Is it easy to get to the beach? Do we really have to pay to get to the beach? Are the excursions listed on the Disney site worth it?

I have 2 DD that will do some walking but will not be happy if I drag them to an all day hike looking at ruins (what I want to do)

HELP

One nice thing about Cozumel is that the taxi rates are per taxi, not per person. There are free beaches a short ride away (most have stuff like chairs that you can rent if desired). There is a large shopping area right at the pier. Depending on the ages involved...there are lots of options.

Can some on give me some info on Cozumel. Is it easy just to walk around town when we get there? Is it easy to get to the beach? Do we really have to pay to get to the beach? Are the excursions listed on the Disney site worth it?

I have 2 DD that will do some walking but will not be happy if I drag them to an all day hike looking at ruins (what I want to do)

HELP

There are tons of things to do in Cozumel, like shopping and the beach. We usually go to Paradise beach, it's free. They offer free beach chairs and they offer ulimited access to beach toys for a fee of 10.00 I think. They also have a bar and restaurant, we love it! All you need to do is get a taxi and they will take you there.:woohoo::woohoo:

what about paying the taxi? I assume they take American currancy? Can you tell I am a novice???

We are taking a taxi on our own and going to Mr. Sanchos Beach. We will hang out at the beach, eat lunch and go horseback riding. Shopping is very close by and an easy walk, but I am not sure if there is any beaches within walking distance.

My DD wanted to do the horseback riding so bad, but we are unable to because of DS who is 4. Are you still doing the dolphin swim?

Just checked to see what categories were open for our cruise and it showed 4,5,7 and 12. Maybe there will be some more upgrades coming!!!:tink:

My DD wanted to do the horseback riding so bad, but we are unable to because of DS who is 4. Are you still doing the dolphin swim?
No, we are not doing the dolphins anymore. I really wanted to, then my step DDs mom booked the dolphin swim for them on Spring break so I cancelled ours and booked the horseback riding. Turns out then never even went swimming with the dolphins, but I had already paid for the horseback riding. We booked the horseback riding through this site: http://www.tourcozumel.net/horseback.html

Just sent another updated FE list with Claw added. They do understand that not everyone will be able to exchange with them (at least they do now that she is reading it), but would love to be part of our little exchange family. ny comments or corrections needs to be sent to me asap so I can get it out. Very little time left for some of the families.

There has been a lot of posts here and I hope I haven't missed anything. Everyone is excited and can't wait. Packing should start soon. I hope I don't forget anything. Between work and vacation, I need a vacation!

No, we are not doing the dolphins anymore. I really wanted to, then my step DDs mom booked the dolphin swim for them on Spring break so I cancelled ours and booked the horseback riding. Turns out then never even went swimming with the dolphins, but I had already paid for the horseback riding. We booked the horseback riding through this site: http://www.tourcozumel.net/horseback.html

Hey Heidi, Just wondering if you have been reading the discussions on cruise critic concerning TourCozumel. We also booked thru them, but I got worried after a lot of people were being made to pay again upon arriving at Mr. Sancho's, even though they had prepaid through TourCozumel. I emailed Oliver at Mr. Sancho's resort and was told he will no longer honor any reservations made through TourCozumel. We have decided to go anyway even if we have to pay again and then fight for a refund from Carrie.

Just wanted to give you a heads up in case you had not read anything. Hopefully it will all work out, but there seems to be many upset people.

Hey Heidi, Just wondering if you have been reading the discussions on cruise critic concerning TourCozumel. We also booked thru them, but I got worried after a lot of people were being made to pay again upon arriving at Mr. Sancho's, even though they had prepaid through TourCozumel. I emailed Oliver at Mr. Sancho's resort and was told he will no longer honor any reservations made through TourCozumel. We have decided to go anyway even if we have to pay again and then fight for a refund from Carrie.

Just wanted to give you a heads up in case you had not read anything. Hopefully it will all work out, but there seems to be many upset people.
Thanks for the heads up, I had not read that. Hmm, now I am not sure what to do. Should I try and get my money back now before we get there?

Sorry to be stupid, gang, but my memory is shot today. I know we talked about a Dis-meet in the terminal before boarding. Is this still the plan? Is there to be another after boarding?

Are you sure about the multiple categories available? I looked this morning and just checked again--they are showing 3 cat 5 cabins and 8 cat 4 cabins (they never show more than 8). Everything else is gty....which doesn't mean that they have more cabins than they were listing last week, just that they are willing to sell them a little cheaper! Ah well, we can always hope for upgrades (or more upgrades if you got one initially!).

Are you sure about the multiple categories available? I looked this morning and just checked again--they are showing 3 cat 5 cabins and 8 cat 4 cabins (they never show more than 8). Everything else is gty....which doesn't mean that they have more cabins than they were listing last week, just that they are willing to sell them a little cheaper! Ah well, we can always hope for upgrades (or more upgrades if you got one initially!).

I have been watching periodically. I have seen it show just Cat. 4's and then Cat 4 & 5. I was surprised to see so many available today. It seems to change quite often during the day though. I checked again just now and it shows 4, 5, 6, 7 and 12 available. Cat.'s 5,7 & 12 were GTY. Cat 6 gave me 1room to choose from and Cat. 4 gave me 8 to choose from. Who knows how they do their stuff....I just know that I have a room and I'm OK with that!!!:laughing:

I have been watching periodically. I have seen it show just Cat. 4's and then Cat 4 & 5. I was surprised to see so many available today. It seems to change quite often during the day though. I checked again just now and it shows 4, 5, 6, 7 and 12 available. Cat.'s 5,7 & 12 were GTY. Cat 6 gave me 1room to choose from and Cat. 4 gave me 8 to choose from. Who knows how they do their stuff....I just know that I have a room and I'm OK with that!!!:laughing:

Well, then I am pretty lucky, I had a GTY 6 up until late last week when I got a room number. I got upgraded to a Cat. 4! :)

Not that it matters as long as I have a balcony which is why I paid for a category 6, but it is fun to have a visit from the upgrade fairy!

Well, then I am pretty lucky, I had a GTY 6 up until late last week when I got a room number. I got upgraded to a Cat. 4! :)

Not that it matters as long as I have a balcony which is why I paid for a category 6, but it is fun to have a visit from the upgrade fairy!

Well, you are on our FE, so you need to let us in on the room number:thumbsup2.

Congrats! That is great!

Someone please tell me again when/where our cruise meet is scheduled. I seem to remember something about the terminal before sailing, but I've just lost my mind and don't know where to look for it.....Thanks!

Someone please tell me again when/where our cruise meet is scheduled. I seem to remember something about the terminal before sailing, but I've just lost my mind and don't know where to look for it.....Thanks!
I tried to search back on the pages, but I couldn't find a designated time. It seemed like most people were okay with meeting at the terminal but I couldn't find a time or place inside the terminal where to meet? Does anyone else know something that I couldn't find?

How do you guys figure out your upgrades? do you request them?

I was assigned a room number when we first booked our trip do they upgrade those?

And yes I know very little but ....what does GTY mean?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter