May 30, 2009 - Western Cruise Magic

I just wanted to post because it is Friday, I go home in 45 minutes (and I'm a little bored even though I have way too much work to do), and we will be arriving in Port Canaveral at this time in 3 weeks:cool1:.

OMG y'all..... I'm getting old or something. LOL
I took the kids to 'student day' at scarborough fair on Wed all day- then took them to homeschool day at Six flags all day yesterday. I'm beat. Even after sleeping about 8hrs (which is more than usual for me btw LOL)

I'm still tired and boy do my legs ache- especially my calves. All that walking or MAYBE I slept so hard I slept thru charley horses.... my left calf hurts the worst and it's just like you know how it feels after you've got a charley horse? like that except whenever that ever happens to me I usually wake up cause I'm a baby about pain. But maybe last night I was so beat I slept right thru it? I dunno. LOL I think it was the heat (especially the humidity with NO WIND both days) that has me beat. I'll probably sleep good again tonight too. :lmao:

I'm getting old y'all!
(ps I'll be turning 40 end of July- so I'm not a wee young one just complaining about getting old. LOL)

Cat's 4,5,6, & 8 available for a family of 4. 8 and 6 gty., 4 and 5 have at least 8 cabin choices each.

It just keeps changing. The only thing I've been able to tell for sure is that there are at least 16 empty cabins on the ship and that they're not offering any discounts to try to fill them.

3 more weeks.....today was the official last day of classes. DD still has 2 papers to be turned in by next Friday, senior awards luncheon next Thursday....but I don't have to be up before the sun any more!!!!!

We leave for WDW on the 16th, and are really excited to get going. Today we got our cruise documents for our cruise on the 30th. Wow, we are really ready to go now.

Hope everyone has a great trip !!

Peg

Here are the shirts we'll be wearing when we board the ship for our 1st Disney cruise...woo-hoo!
Front
dclfrontofshirts.jpg

Back
dclshirtbackpirates.jpg

Here are the shirts we'll be wearing when we board the ship for our 1st Disney cruise...woo-hoo!
Front
dclfrontofshirts.jpg

Back
dclshirtbackpirates.jpg

The T Shirts are adorable. I bet the kids love them!

Been so busy here. One more trip out of town next week and then I can get busy on cruise stuff.

Got our documents and kids have two weeks of school left (other than my dd who graduates in a week). Time for finals, projects and yuck, will be glad when it's vacation!

Happy weekend to everyone!

Front
dclfrontofshirts.jpg

Back
dclshirtbackpirates.jpg
Oh those are so adorable!!
I especially love what you did on the front! I wish I could do something like that! I still need designs for our last 5 shirts (one each ofcourse). I need to get those done but I don't know how to make cool designs like that. HOW did you do that? So jealous!!!!!!!!! They are great!

Oh those are so adorable!!
I especially love what you did on the front! I wish I could do something like that! I still need designs for our last 5 shirts (one each ofcourse). I need to get those done but I don't know how to make cool designs like that. HOW did you do that? So jealous!!!!!!!!! They are great!
I asked a few disigners on the4 disign board to help me out with my ideas and they came through perfectly!!!!!:cutie:
bababear 50 did the mickey heads for me http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2049720&page=96and
Miker1251 did the map for me! http://disboards.com/showthread.php?p=31734718#post31734718

I bought the shirts at A.C. Moore for $2.00 and they're good quality Hanes 50/50 and bought transfers from Amy on the Disign board! They were so easy to use, just print and iron!:)

I asked a few disigners on the4 disign board to help me out with my ideas and they came through perfectly!!!!!:cutie:
bababear 50 did the mickey heads for me http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2049720&page=96and
Miker1251 did the map for me! http://disboards.com/showthread.php?p=31734718#post31734718

I bought the shirts at A.C. Moore for $2.00 and they're good quality Hanes 50/50 and bought transfers from Amy on the Disign board! They were so easy to use, just print and iron!:)
Wow thanks! Maybe I can get some help in time to make these. I got the shirts at walmart (some of the other shirts were from Michaels) I don't think we have AC moore here? I've never heard of it anyway. But anyway I got the transfers at Walmart. are Amy's cheaper or something? I'll have to check this all out. I gotta get a move on OMG we have less than 2wks and I'm usually done with everything, packed, etc by now! Tons to do and I haven't even started packing yet! (but the luggage is sitting in the formal dining area though -down from the attic- that's as far as I've gotten on packing so far LOL)
THANKS!

I'm tired of rainy weather too! Keeps messing up our pool and have to shock it to get rid of rain water algae build up and making it where the kids haven't been able to swim yet (especially when it's either raining or sprinkling! ugh!)

Also staggered vs. one time (our 2nd cruise vs our first) made a difference for us. I really couldn't figure out why- so I was trying to come up with reasons. But we did notice a difference. you said come 5 minutes late which is probably great advice but you said your favorite server asked you to come right on time? I'm confused. did he not like you coming 5 minutes late? LMK!

Well that's interesting- I wonder how they know for a FACT? Have any other cruiselines gone back to going to the Mexico ports? DCL was like last (*right?) to change to NOT going.. so they'll probably be last to changing back to going to Mexico ports. LOL Good news if they are going to cozumel though!

We did pre-reigster online so I guess that's why. but the last cruise we registered online and DID get all that stuff- so i guess they decided to save on paper but still not saving on postage sending everything seperate to the same household. LOL

Hi,

Let me address my "FACT". As of three days ago I was told that the Cozumel port visit will not be an issue on our 30th cruise. With that said if there are worse news about the pandemic then things may change but as of right now the 30th cruisers will be going to Cozumel. I would like to keep my contact anonymous for obvious reasons. DCL does have the health and well being of their customers as a priority, as a result they have a very close eye on the status of the pandemic. Sorry if it seems generic but it's what I know. I like sharing these types of tidbits since it has to deal with not only my family but you as well. Take my thoughts as well as others with a grain of salt. In my case, I wouldn't tell you anything I didn't address with my family. Excuse the pun but, we are all in the same boat!

Regards!

If I hear anything else i will definitely share!

Wow thanks! Maybe I can get some help in time to make these. I got the shirts at walmart (some of the other shirts were from Michaels) I don't think we have AC moore here? I've never heard of it anyway. But anyway I got the transfers at Walmart. are Amy's cheaper or something? I'll have to check this all out. I gotta get a move on OMG we have less than 2wks and I'm usually done with everything, packed, etc by now! Tons to do and I haven't even started packing yet! (but the luggage is sitting in the formal dining area though -down from the attic- that's as far as I've gotten on packing so far LOL)
THANKS!
From what I've read review-wise the transfers at the store are a cheaper type and will crack etc. after being washed. The ones Amy sells are professional grade ones and much easier to work with. I ordered from her and had them in 3 days! They do cost a little more but I'd rather spend more and get better quality that will last and will work correctly...here's her website. http://www.amymickey.com/
I ordered 20 sheets for $25.00 including shipping :thumbsup2

To Suzepoo:

I think my DH and DD (she's twelve) would like to join your group for snorkeling in Cozumel. They had not booked anything with DCL and since the "flu stuff" came up, they still did not have their plans. Let me know if your group is full and if you have many kids in her age group????

:):)Hey there Sixtiesmom. DSIS (suzepoo) will definitely have her own DS (11) and I will have my DS (just turning 13 this month). So, your DD (12) will fit in just great!! This will be my kids first time in Cozumel and I'm anxious to see what they think of Mexico. Hope we don't get disappointed with DCL's choice to avoid Mexico. :wizard:

Hi,

Let me address my "FACT". As of three days ago I was told that the Cozumel port visit will not be an issue on our 30th cruise. With that said if there are worse news about the pandemic then things may change but as of right now the 30th cruisers will be going to Cozumel. I would like to keep my contact anonymous for obvious reasons. DCL does have the health and well being of their customers as a priority, as a result they have a very close eye on the status of the pandemic. Sorry if it seems generic but it's what I know. I like sharing these types of tidbits since it has to deal with not only my family but you as well. Take my thoughts as well as others with a grain of salt. In my case, I wouldn't tell you anything I didn't address with my family. Excuse the pun but, we are all in the same boat!

Regards!

Welcome aboard! I sure hope you are right. I am looking forward to visiting Cozumel again! :)

Hi,

Regards!

Hey there! Welcome to the group- fellow May 30th cruiser! (unless you'd posted already and I forgot? If so, I apologize!)

that's cool. I hope your anonymous contact is right. I really REALLY hope so- because we'd sooooooooo much rather go to Cozumel and do snuba like we planned- instead of going to Nassau (blech!)
thanks for sharing the info- I'm crossing my fingers that we do go to Cozumel! thanks for telling us to atleast give us hope! :) :cool1:

From what I've read review-wise the transfers at the store are a cheaper type and will crack etc. after being washed. The ones Amy sells are professional grade ones and much easier to work with. I ordered from her and had them in 3 days! They do cost a little more but I'd rather spend more and get better quality that will last and will work correctly...here's her website. http://www.amymickey.com/
I ordered 20 sheets for $25.00 including shipping :thumbsup2
Well that's not much more- wait it's not more! Here they are $5.99 for 5 (so 20 is $24 plus tax here at walmart LOL)
I'm not fond of the idea of the shirts I already made cracking later- but the majority of them will probably be outgrown before our next trip anyway. LOL I hope MINE don't crack- cause hopefully *I* won't be outgrowing mine. LOL I'll keep that in mind the next time I'm making shirts though- I think timewise I don't really have time to order from her and get them here then make the shirts though. Yanno? Thanks for sharing! I posted on those 2 threads about the graphics.... I hope they can make them. :) I don't think bababear is making any right now though. So we might miss out on the mickey heads. :(

Hey you guys- just had to share...... I HAVE CLOTHES TO WEAR!
:lmao:
I know that sounds funny but I was kind of in a pinch for clothes... I'd bought bigger clothes (like slacks and cato type blouses/etc.) for the last cruise since I had nothing dressy to wear at all (i wear mostly jeans, tees- mostly mickey LOL, shorts or capris,tennis shoes or croc flipflops all the time at home!) and I knew those were too big for me now (and trying them on tonight I was right!) since I've lost weight.

HOWEVER, in trying on clothes from my closet I found many things that I'd bought for our FIRST cruise that now fit me again. Darn things still had tags on them! LOL (what happened is I lost 80lbs in 2003, I went out and bought a bunch of stuff to wear (cruise casual, a bit more dressy, etc.) for our first cruise that was supposed to be Feb 2004. But then late 2003 we had to postpone that first cruise due to the school schedules changing- and by the time we cruised for our first time end of May 2006- I'd gained too much weight back to fit them! By the time we cruised again Aug/Sept of 2008- I was WAY too big for them having gained even more weight- right back to where I'd started before losing weight in 2003. :(

But I kept them in my closet since most were never worn and still had tags on them. I was determined to fit them again- in fact I barely bought anything thru the years of gaining.... only what I HAD to have (like one pair of jeans, a few biggers shirts, stuff like that). I had no idea if I'd fit into these again but I was trying on stuff I'd worn on the last cruise and everything was ridiculously big- so I decided to give it a whirl and all but the smallest of clothing I'd bought in 2003 for our 2004 cruise (like the size 0's and 2's. LOL! didn't even bother trying those on- that would have just been disappointing LOL) and some of them fit! Now I just gotta figure out WHAT to wear/what to take. And DH is gonna have to dress up a bit more for dinner now too since now I have nicer clothes to wear. Polo and khaki dockers and sandals isn't going to cut it- we'll look like oddballs! LOL
(the stuff I'm fitting back into isn't super dressy to most people- but to ME it's dressier- like blouses and various lengths black skirts and such. It's dressy for ME even if it's not dressy to the rest of the world)

Just had to share... I was so surprised that I fit some of that stuff! I've lost almost 50lbs now and still have quite a bit to lose (30lbs if I want to get to where I was in 2003 when I lost weight the first time) but most of it is in my THIGHS right now.... LOL So I guess that's why the blouses fit and the skirt hides the thunder thighs anyway. hahaha
Anyway.....woohoo! :cool1: I'm excited I won't have to go out and spend a bunch of money on clothes for me! (especially since my kids have decided RIGHT NOW would be a great time to hit growth spurts- so in the next 2wks I'm gonna have to buy them a lot of new clothes just so they'll have shorts, pants, shoes and dresses to wear on the cruise- which ofcourse they will wear at home/church/etc. too. I'm not just buying that for them for the cruise- I have to because they've all the sudden outgrown practically everything they already have! :headache: LOL)

I am having a hard time deciding on what to do when we get to GC.
I am looking for things to do with DD *4 yrs old*.I want her to get off the boat at each port even if we don't get to snorkel or anything adult like.
I am wondering if any of you have plans to just do GC on your own like going to the beaches and just hanging around without paying for excursions? And is it possible to get DD off the boat for some beach/family time take her back to the boat and then us go back on our own?

Thanks y'all !! 20 days to go!

I am looking for things to do with DD *4 yrs old*.I want her to get off the boat at each port even if we don't get to snorkel or anything adult like.
I am wondering if any of you have plans to just do GC on your own like going to the beaches and just hanging around without paying for excursions? And is it possible to get DD off the boat for some beach/family time take her back to the boat and then us go back on our own?

We're planning to go to one of the beaches...I'll let you know which one as soon as we decide!
Happy Mother's Day to all.:cutie:

Well we're doing a big excursion thru Shoretrips (Captain Marvyns) but yes, you can go do whatever you want, take her back to the club and go back out on your own.... time permitting ofcourse. :) I'm the same way you are- I always want the kids to get off at each port. The ONLY reason we're doing an excursion at Cozumel (if we go there) without the youngest is because it's an excursion she can't do (due to age 8yrs old) and wouldn't do anyway (snuba) and we've already been there before. I'd totally change plans if it was a port she'd never been to before to make sure she got off with us there too. LOL

On another note- can anyone use these?
I'm going thru our stuff to see what still fits and what doesn't (you know- FINALLY getting around to packing LOL) and I was wondering if anyone on our cruise might could use these? I don't mind bringing them since we're driving, not flying, plus we can leave extra clothes (for parks and FW before the cruise) in our camper and only bring what we'll actually wear on the cruise- so I'm okay with bringing extra stuff with me. More might be posted about later LOL

Okay first up we have a pair of crocs I bought for Robert for the last cruise and I think he wore them like 20min tops. He wore them once, deemed them too snug (he really prefers shoes too big for him for some reason- no matter WHAT type of shoes they are) and took them off and never wore them again. They look brand new except a little dirty on the bottoms that you'd get from wearing them a few minutes. LOL
I can't find a website that the photos are working- so on this link look down at the 2nd, 3rd, 5th, 6th and last crocs- those are the ones (camaflouge with red/black elastic top parts with "mickey" on the sides and Mickey looks kinda mad. IMO LOL) They are size M3/W5. Please POST if you want them- my PM box is already almost full. LOL

http://www.google.com/products?q=crocs+camoflauge&hl=en&sa=N&lnk=next&start=60

And then we have Rita's pink crocs- she wore them a few times and they are a bit more dirty (I'm sure it will wash off so I'll probably do that LOL) but there isn't any WEAR- you know how the inside nubs and bumps on on the bottom wear out after awhile? hers are not worn down at all. The reason being is that she wore them for short periods of time and then would change shoes- she's like me and her inner foot bone that sticks out would start feeling like a blister would start (I actually DID get blisters from mine the first time since I refused to take them off LOL) -so she didn't really like wearing them. they are size 12/13 and look like these:
http://www.6pm.com/product/7291905/color/559

Again please post if you can use these and want them- my PM box is almost full and I'm not sure when I can go thru emptying it. Hope someone can make good use of my wasted money on these. LOL

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter