May 30, 2009 - Western Cruise Magic

We did the comfort suites and Atlantis on our first cruise. It was not a hassle at all. Look over our trip report and if you need any help, let me know and I will answer any questions you have.

That's good to know. It is looking like the swine flu is on the decline now in Mexico from an announcement I read, so let's hope we'll still make it to Cozumel.

Karen

THIS TIME black tennis shoes.. I'm not buying the black dress shoes again just for him to outgrow them in a week.
They now make a formal tennis shoe to wear with tuxes! Our DS#2 got married last October & his DFIL has had spinal meningitis several times so he walks with a cane & can't wear regular dress shoes. He got these to wear with his tux & you could barely tell that they were tennis shoes! Not trying to talk you into them or anything. Just wanted to put the word out in case someone is interested.

Karla

My DH will be one without the tux or suit too.Just khakis,dress shirt and tie...me...I will be in nice shirt and dressy black pants..and DD well who knows about her.Probably in a Princess dress or something.
He wears a uniform 365 days a year..the last thing he is going to want to do is go on vacation and wear a suit :)

Hello fellow cruisers....

We're a family of 5 from Saint Louis, completely excited :yay: about our first 7 day cruise.

We have DD 7, DS 10, DS14. Booked the GTY12 and got rooms 6135 and 6137. Somewhat bummed about that but...we're nearly 1000 cheaper than our four day double dip last year so this should be great for us all. Since we haven't done the formal night before we're looking forward to that night for some reason...I guess the ship lends itself so well to many types of dress, it will be nice to pretend like we're stately for once.

We fly in Friday, staying at Hampton on the beach...planning on a couple park days at the end.

Looking forward to meeting you all, hopefully our children can meet as well.

Tim and Katie....

Hey, I realize I am behind, is your trip a suprise to your family? It appears that way from your signature...
Yes, it is a surprise for my step daughters. We are surprising them for their birthday. We will celebrate their birthday on May 16th and they will know then. I cannot wait to suprise them. :banana:

We're a family of 5 from Saint Louis, completely excited :yay: about our first 7 day cruise.

We have DD 7, DS 10, DS14. Booked the GTY12 and got rooms 6135 and 6137. Somewhat bummed about that but...we're nearly 1000 cheaper than our four day double dip last year so this should be great for us all. Since we haven't done the formal night before we're looking forward to that night for some reason...I guess the ship lends itself so well to many types of dress, it will be nice to pretend like we're stately for once.

We fly in Friday, staying at Hampton on the beach...planning on a couple park days at the end.

Tim and Katie....
:welcome::rainbow::jumping1:

Tim and Katie....

Welcome to the group!! My dd will be almost 7 and my ds will be 10 as well!!

Tim and Katie....

WELCOME! You will really enjoy the cruise! IMHO the 7 day cruises are so much more relaxing! Enjoy!!!

several of us have talked about perhaps meeting for dinner on Friday night to get acquainted before we cruise on Saturday...for those of you staying at the Radisson (or those at other local hotels or living close by)....last year we ate at Florida's Seafood Bar & Grill and LOVED the food. I was thinking that I would call them and try to negotiate a group discount for all of us. I am putting the link to the restaurant.......

http://www.floridas-seafood.com/index.html

Check it out and let me know your thoughts and any interest you have in planning dinner with us. Just shoot me an email if you don't mind to suzepoo@yahoo.com and let me know if you want to be counted in for dinner!

As for the dress code....DH will be wearing a TUX, and DS a suit and tie....I have many formals to choose from and will wear them as this is the ONLY chance we really get to dress up and I love it! DH and DS don't, but they do it for me... bought the TUX for DH at J.C. Penney 3 years ago and have gotten LOTS of wear as we cruise a 7-night at least once a year, and most of them have 2 formal nights, HAHA....sure does make for VERY NICE pictures and I love seeing all of the other formals that everyone wears. It's like going to the prom again....WOO HOO!!!!:dance3::dance3::dance3:

Yeah! Documents!!!!
Soon now.

And...no one cares, but I took my 25" suitcase to the van to see if it would fit and the door would close--and the answer is YES! That makes the luggage situation MUCH easier--4 of these will fit across the "way back" area and even have a little room left. May not be packed as tightly as I feared. I still don't relish the all night drive, but it may be the best we can do.

I'm totally puzzles as my tracking number shows 3 items from Orlando for UPS delivery tomorrow. I can explain 2 of them (2 staterooms), but what is number 2???? Guess I'll find out tomorrow.

They are still selling cat 4-9 with the ability to pick your stateroom in 4 and 5.

I found this on another post and it works! found mine with my res. number! It says mine are going to be delivered today! (forget about grocery shopping today, I'm not moving from here until my UPS guy shows up)

Originally Posted by winotracy
Tracking information for your documents:

FOR US GUESTS

Go to http://www.ups.com/WebTracking/reference?loc=en_US

In the Shipment Reference field type in your DCL number. This is an eight digit number (not the one following Grp on your reservation). Press Track.

It may not come up with your documents and you may have to go down to Shipment Destination and select United States and YOUR zip code.

When I put in my reservation number, it came up as a delivered package. Remember that other companies may have the same reference number, but DCL uses your reservation number for this. Mine hasn't shipped yet as when I limited it to my zip code, nothing came up.

FOR INTERNATIONAL GUESTS:

https://www.fedex.com/AltRefTracking?cntry_code=us

Enter your reservation number, country shipped to and postal code.

worked for me, mine are out for delivery today! woohoo! that is cool, didn't know you could do that, thanks for posting it!

Kayla

Docs arriving!? Wow! i read on another thread that some people cruising much sooner than us hadn't got theirs yet. I wasn't terribly concerned though since I know we don't really NEED them- can print from online. :)

I don't think we can do the dinner the night before though.. since we're staying at FW the night before I'm not sure we can squeeze in the drive. I'll probably spend that evening packing up the trailer and for the cruise while the rest of the family is doing something at FW that way we'll be prepared to hook up the trailer and leave in the morning heading straight for the port. LOL I wish we could though- sounds great!

I found this on another post and it works! found mine with my res. number! It says mine are going to be delivered today! (forget about grocery shopping today, I'm not moving from here until my UPS guy shows up)

FOR US GUESTS

In the Shipment Reference field type in your DCL number. This is an eight digit number (not the one following Grp on your reservation). Press Track.

It may not come up with your documents and you may have to go down to Shipment Destination and select United States and YOUR zip code.

When I put in my reservation number, it came up as a delivered package. Remember that other companies may have the same reference number, but DCL uses your reservation number for this. Mine hasn't shipped yet as when I limited it to my zip code, nothing came up.

Mine says delivery tomorrow! :)

Cruise docs out for delivery today!!!

Dinner sounds good. We were actually thinking of Fish Lips ( I wanted to try their 5 spice shark - I love shark) at http://www.fishlipswaterfront.com/ , but this place sounds good too. Have you tried both of them? Let me make sure the wife says OK.

We will probably arrive at the hotel around 3 or 4 (depending on how early I can get the gang up on Friday morning and how many potty breaks we need to make).

Yay my docs are scheduled to arrive tomorrow!!!!! I had no idea you could do this, how cool!

I've heard a lot of people talk about going to Fish Lips so I checked it out on Trip Advisor...reviews are nowhere NEAR as good as they are for Florida's....that's why I picked it over FishLips, plus we have been to Florida's and KNOW the food is (WAS) good, thus why I picked it. Hope that is OK with everybody that wants to go with us! :yay:

DOING THE DOC DANCE!!!! WOO HOOOOOOOOOOOO SO CLOSE NOW!!!:banana::banana::banana:

FOR US GUESTS

To FREAKY!!!!

I was just reading this and the doorbell rang. Docs arrived!!! YEA!!!! This has been a long time in the making. We can hardly wait to get on that boat and forget that the real world exists!!!:banana:

:yay:

So excited to see them! It's making it all really seem real! Looking forward to many relaxing days of MAGIC!

As an aside, the RCL's Freedom arrived in Port Canaveral today to great fanfare! Looking forward to the big welcome for DCL's two new ships in the future!

26 and counting.....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter