• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

May 30, 2009 - Western Cruise Magic

If you book an excursion thru DCL, the time to arrive is when DCL gets you there! Do be at the meeting site on time (location and time will be on the tickets in your stateroom). The excursion won't be shortened or anything if the ship is a little late. If for any reason the ship can't get in, you won't be charged. Ah, the advantage of booking thru DCL--no worries.

Oh, we booked on our own, so that must be the difference. So 9:45 is your meet time, that makes sense--I thought it was your swim time. Thanks for clarifying this.

We'll probably see you at the park :)

Hi to everyone,
We have the following in our group of three staterooms: DH, me, DS (15 with autism) and DD (12 at sailing, 13 on June 23rd); my brother, his wife and his daughter; and my brother-in-law and his wife.

Welcome to the meet thread, I am the DH of chccatfish so you might get similar information from both of us. We also have a 12 YO DD (and a 10 YO DD) so along with Pooh_Friend#1, your daughter will have several girls her age. We do need to get them all emailing or chatting soon so they will know a little about each other before the cruise.

Okay, here's the loaded question...is it too late for FE's for our group and is there a post with more specifics (ie how many we give, when, etc)? This sounded great to us.

We all booked a Cat 5 or 6 with specific stateroom to be assigned on the ship. My DH and I are celebrating our anniversary on June 1st so this was a special treat for us.

We are all very excited and my kids last day of school is the 28th of May. What a way to start their summer vacation!

Well, since I volunteered to organize the FE this time, I am pretty sure that we are keeping it open until the end of the March. So yes, you can join in the fun. As for the specifics, we are a very open bunch. There is no real rules on what to give or when to give. I'm pretty sure that anything - no matter how small - will be a great gift. On our last cruise, we received all kinds of things from candy to CD to notepad holders. Take a look at our trip report (from my signature) and you can see what we got. I'm sure many people will just pick a night to give things out. That will probably mean most things will go out relatively quickly, but we can work on that later in anyone thinks it will be a problem.

Also, are you going to convince your brother and brother in law to join in on our fun?

All I need is an email address (please PM me so it won't go out to the rest of the world) and names, ages, and room # for your group. I will send out an excel spreadsheet (and a pdf if you don't have excel) will all that information. Let me know if this is what you want to do - it would be great to get a few more people.

Just checked the Disney website and they only have Cat9 and better. There are no 12s, 11s, or 10s showing up. I searched for 2 Adults and then 2 Adults and 2 Children.

The funny thing is that the Cat9 is the same price as the Cat11 on other sail dates. This should make the Cat12 less expensive than what I purchased them at if this trend is correct.

I wonder if we are getting full now or are they preparing for opening things up?

The 75th day for us to be able to make our advance reservations finally got here. After fighting with the DCL website for quite a while, I finally got in by registering under DH's name instead of mine. :thumbsup2

Anyway, we were able to get the 7 pm Wednesday (Pirate night) Palo reservation that we had wanted & also all of the shore excursions that we had wanted. We have reservations for the Grand Cayman Island Tour at 11:30 am, the Cozumel Highlights & Mayan Ruins and the Castaway Cay Getaway Package.

Now I can go to bed happy!!! :banana:

Karla
Glad you got all you wanted at 75 days out! woohoo!
:banana:

Just checked the Disney website and they only have Cat9 and better. There are no 12s, 11s, or 10s showing up. I searched for 2 Adults and then 2 Adults and 2 Children.

The funny thing is that the Cat9 is the same price as the Cat11 on other sail dates. This should make the Cat12 less expensive than what I purchased them at if this trend is correct.

I wonder if we are getting full now or are they preparing for opening things up?
Interesting that cat 11 and 10's aren't available anymore. Maybe they decided to hold some of those back to upgrade all these cat 12 gtys? LOL Is that what you mean by preparing for opening things up?

Yes, we will have the new menus on our cruise. If they're not posted before, I'll tell you about them after our spring break cruise (no, we don't normally do 2 in 2 months!)

From what I can see, they have no cat 11 or 12 left, but they are showing at least 8 cabins in each of the other categories. SO, we're no where near being sold out yet!

Yes, we will have the new menus on our cruise. If they're not posted before, I'll tell you about them after our spring break cruise (no, we don't normally do 2 in 2 months!)

From what I can see, they have no cat 11 or 12 left, but they are showing at least 8 cabins in each of the other categories. SO, we're no where near being sold out yet!

Cat 11 is back for 2A and 2A and 2C.

Wow, a spring break cruise and summer cruise!!!!!!

I am jealous!

Spring break cruise is family. Graduation cruise is a graduation party with friends. Unfortunately special friend is being a jerk and declined the invitation....oh well, his loss. As DD says, cruise will be easier without him. Yes, DD is a very lucky young lady with a mother who spoils her rotten.

Just checked again and the DCL site is showing at least 8 cabins each in Cat11, Cat10, and Cat9. I wonder if there was a lot of people cancelling or if they are moving some of us around to make some more room. I bet you will see some FL rates soon on our cruise.

1st set of magnets:

nemoparty.jpg

disneyitinerary.jpg

I see I need to fix the ship.

Bruce how many DC have you been on?

Sounds sad doesn't it.

Alas I am so new to this but, I grew up in Kissimmee Florida and worked at Walt Disney World for over 3 years. I earned money so I could go to college in Melbourne Florida to be an EE. I also worked (as a co-op) at Kennedy Space Center (NASA to everyone). Much of my family also worked for Disney, my uncle was an artist there for years before he went to Universal Studios. He made several of the storefront window displays on Main Street. So unfortunately (for my wallet), I have been brainwashed by the mouse, and I really am thankful that I can have my kids be a part of this.

Was all that too much information?

What does your husband do? I work for a large Japanese company that makes tires (lots and lots of tires).

Bruce - your magnets are great! Do you use Photoshop?

OK first question is - who is Sandy (jiminyC_fan)? I've seen her with a picture in her sig with all the same people as you have in your picture. I assume a family relative (or she just likes your family's picture better). Are they coming on our cruise?

Now for your question.

No, I usually just use Paint or even better I drop the picture in Word or Powerpoint and I can create layers that way. I also use them to make names with the pictures in the background. I can either do them for anyone or tell you real easy how to do it. Since it is crunch time, I need to make some magnets. I only have about 120 Mickey head paint chips and I don't know if that will be enough (I fully expect and hope some people like the Mickey heads enough to take a couple for their door).

OK first question is - who is Sandy (jiminyC_fan)? I've seen her with a picture in her sig with all the same people as you have in your picture. I assume a family relative (or she just likes your family's picture better). Are they coming on our cruise?
I don't know who that strange woman is, she stole my family. :confused3 :lmao: Just kidding, she is my mom. I wish she was going on this cruise with us but she will be getting back from her Costa Rica trip right before we leave for the cruise. We usually always cruise together but this is our second cruise I have taken without her. :sad1: She will be cruising in September 09 and hoping in 2011 we will cruise together again on the new ships.

In case anyone hasn't noticed - We have a new cruiser!!!!!!

jpoeling is from the lovely state of CO (you will have some friends here) and would like to join the FE.
WELCOME Jpoeling. :banana: :dance3: :yay: We are also from CO. Looks like there will be at least 3 families on this cruise from CO (and on the disboards!).

. . .Oh no.... I hope it ends up being Cruisin' Disney Budgeteers because I'm making shirts like that! :scared1: We'll be oddballs out if it's not that. I thought everyone liked that one and didn't know there would be a poll. Ohwell- we're oddballs all the time anyway LOL
. . .

Haven't been on this thread for a week or two but do have a concern about the poll. I really think that the difference between the poll "choices" are insignificant EXCEPT for someone like Bibbidy who is trying to prepare items with the specific name. I VERY STRONGLY SUGGEST that this decision be made ASAP out of courtesy for her and others in the same situation.

The cruise is only a couple of months out, and while many would appreciate a voice in an "official" ;) name, apparently the real decision has been made for Disney and Budgeteer so there's not much to warrant a vote. It is just delaying for those who want to be specific with items. (I wasn't even going to vote because I could care less between the various "Disney Budgeteer" options, but am now heading to vote for Cruisin' Disney Budgeteers. :) )

Sounds sad doesn't it.
Well, I've only been on two! Granted one was kinda long....... :lmao: But still only 2 cruises under our belt.

Haven't been on this thread for a week or two but do have a concern about the poll. I really think that the difference between the poll "choices" are insignificant EXCEPT for someone like Bibbidy who is trying to prepare items with the specific name. I VERY STRONGLY SUGGEST that this decision be made ASAP out of courtesy for her and others in the same situation.

The cruise is only a couple of months out, and while many would appreciate a voice in an "official" ;) name, apparently the real decision has been made for Disney and Budgeteer so there's not much to warrant a vote. It is just delaying for those who want to be specific with items. (I wasn't even going to vote because I could care less between the various "Disney Budgeteer" options, but am now heading to vote for Cruisin' Disney Budgeteers. :) )
Aw thanks.
But you know what?
I voted for Cruisin' Disney Budgeteers and it seemed like Disney Cruisin' Budgeteers was winning by a long shot (it's closer now though! argh! LOL) and I was impatient. I did the shirts last night with Disney Cruisin' Budgeteers on them. Ohwell. It's okay if something else gets voted. I mean if you guys see us in the shirts on embarkation day- you'll still recognize us even if the words are backwards, right? hehe
Maybe I'll wait a bit more so we can atleast be sure to have our door magnets have the right wording on them. hahahaha

Like you, it really doesn't matter much to us. If someone has a different name, I won't care (but realize that I'm one of the ones who don't care what anyone wears to dinner - but let's not start that argument over here:lmao: ).

FredS - I haven't seen you post in this thread before. Do you want me to include any information from your group in the big list? I started it as the FE list, but it has grown to a list of all the disboard members on the cruise. I can email to anyone who wants it - not just the FE exchange group. If you want any of your information, please PM me and I will add it to the list.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter